• Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Give up Chocolate??!?

....Blasphemy!!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I should have realised when I posted this that I would get a lot of reasons why I shouldnt give it up. Bottom line is I dont want to feel I cant control how much I eat so for me I need to cut down on it. I am not aiming to never touch it again as that is totally unrealistic and I would rather slit my throat. Its a bad habit I need to gain some mastery over.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    no way it's impossible to give something up like that. You have to start limiting it and lowering the amount slowly, then eventually you won't choose it anymore or even buy it. but if you go in with the attitude of giving something up you'll want it even more!

chips are like that for me, and cookies. I just don't buy them anymore but once in a while I'll munch on them while at a friend's or out somewhere.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hell no I've not given anything up. If I want it I consume it!
  • RiseUpAgain
    Options
    I'm not giving up chocolate, but I am giving up cookies!!! I understand moderation for most foods I eat, but I just can't seem to stop after just one or two cookies. I joined the group....no cookies for me in 2012! :smile:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    Hell no I've not given anything up. If I want it I consume it!

agreed..
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Not no, but... :wink: Seriously, I'll likely never give up chocolate - but any holiday fudge that is left by tomorrow night is going to get tossed. I've been behaving and not over-indulging, but I see no need to keep it here after 12/31. I've had my little 2011 indulgence - ready to get back to non-holiday routine. Best wishes to all in 2012 and beyond. :flowerforyou:
  • snowfox92
    snowfox92 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Why give up chocolate when it's healthy for you in moderation? Well, dark chocolate is anyway.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    wait, i lied..i have given up ( almost ) pickles but i used to dunk them in ranch, and green olives..too much sodium for a small amount..damn, times like those craving times makes me think it was easier being fat and eating whatever whenever:sad: oh well..:drinker:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Well, here's a healthy chocolate-y treat to try:

1 cup vanilla almond milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 cup blueberries
    2 TB cocoa powder

SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    B*tch you crazy!?! :laugh: Chocolate is my way of life! That would be like cutting off my arm to say I've lost weight.
  • melissammundy
    Options
    Im not a candy person, I can't even remember the last time I had chocolate now that i think about it LOL.
  • LTGPSA
    Options
    My demon is cheese burgers. Haven't had one since Oct 31st. I do not intend to have one ever again.

Good luck to you with whatever you choose to do, and get ready for a ton of posters to tell you not to give it up!

6921816.png

Wow! Good for you for hanging tough on the cheeseburgers. I love them and know they aren't good for me. I try not to eat them very often, but can't say I'll ever give them up completely. But - you never know... :flowerforyou:
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    Chocolate is not something I am willing to cut out completely! I could never! My best bet is just not to buy it, and cave every once in awhile. I do not eat it everyday, and I deserve a treat every once in awhile dammit! Chocolate is just tooooo good to give up!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I was taught that I only had to give up things for the 40 days of Lent, or if I was really naughty and needed to repent. 2012 will last longer than 40 days, and while I've been naughty, I'm not repentant of most of it, so....nope...ask me again at the end of Feb.
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Give up Chocolate??!?

....Blasphemy!!

Lol and yes!

"When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile"
  • LTGPSA
    Options
    Will it make my period stop?

LOL
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I'm not a quitter! I don't want the chocolate industry to go out of business due to my selfishness to lose weight! LOL

Ok, so I've cut back to almost nil as far as sweets go and normally they make me sick when I do eat them. My cutting back has to do with my body changing and not really tolerating them any more.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    B*tch you crazy!?! :laugh: Chocolate is my way of life! That would be like cutting off my arm to say I've lost weight.

Oh I never thought of cutting off my arm! How many pounds will that save me??? My legs are bigger...what about a leg?
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    If you blow on chocolate right before you eat it, the calories will slide right off.