Anyone else trying to give up chocolate in 2012

Options
1235»

Replies

• jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I can't give up chocolate but I try not to eat candy bars. I'll snack on a sugar free chocolate pudding snack pack (70 cals), or a chocolate vitatop muffin top (100 cals and filling!, check em out!)
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Second that :ohwell:
    If I gave up chocolate I think I might just shrivel up and die of a life not fully lived.
  • kathsgame
    Options
    This last year I switched to a more healthy chocolate so I don't have to give it up! :) Lindt 90% pure cocoa bars which have very little sugar. Good luck!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am seriously hooked on chocolate - eat far too much daily and while I am not gaining I know it is undermining the other good work I do. I really want and need to cut down in 2012 and wondered if there are others struggling with the same thing (doesn't have to be chocolate could be another food demon) and wanted to form a group.
    OUCH!
    Why give anything up? When we continually deprive ourselves, it leads to failure.
    That's why Alcoholics Anonymous has a 95% failure rate. All those poor drunks in those little meetings being told they can never drink ever again.

It doesn't work!
    Do what you feel is best, but I allow all things but in moderation.

Well, isn't there a tiny difference between consuming chocolate and drinking alcohol?
    If I would do what you're saying I would still be smoking. I am quit 50 days now and will NEVER EVER have another *kitten* again. Not in moderation, that doesn't work for alcohol, nicotine or other drugs.:noway:
    But if I want to I can consume guilty pleasures like cake, chocolate or soda in moderation. I don't have to give them up, here you are right.
    But, please, don't compare alcohol addiction with the bad habit of being a chocoholic, please:flowerforyou:
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Can you eat dark chocolate? Dark chocolate is less in sugar and excellent for you. It has to be over 70%cacao. I eat it almost every night but in moderation of course.
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking...a year and 4 months*WOOHOO*. I think if I were to vow off chocolate too- WELL my familyJUST might disown me ;OP

LOL
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am not going to give chocolate up because it is one of those little joys in my life that makes everything better. However, those of you who are giving it up for 2012 - best of luck. You can do it!
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    no way!! I buy some 85% cocoa stuff from the supermarket and it's pretty good, really strong flavour so ya don't need much to get a nice choccy fix
  • RedandBlonde
    RedandBlonde Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh, I would love to say me but sadly, no, I don't think that will ever happen. If there is chocolate around, I will find it and eat it. I was known as the chocolate thief as a child for a reason!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    NOPE! greatest love story of my life! im not quitting on chocolate! lol