How often do you weigh?

Options
124»

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    When I had scales available to me - I weighed everyday and kept record to watch to see how my gains and losses were in comparison to the foods I ate. I used it as a tool in a kind of science project, LOL. It helped me eleminate the foods that caused me more pain, weight gain / loss, and the feel good foods. I believe it's been well over a month since I weighed in and really need to make the effort to find someone with scales and check it out.
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    Once a week ~ First thing Sunday mornings after the loo!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I am in maintenance and weight once per day. First thing in the morning after I use the rest room.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yep. Every day. The National Weight Loss Registry (for which I participate) does a study on the long-term success of losing weight and keeping it off and found that overwhelmingly, those who lose it the most and keep it off long term are those who weigh every day!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I basically never do, maybe twice a year, just out of curiousity. My go to yardstick is the mirror, right now I'm trying to add some muscle and it looks like I'm succeeding.
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every morning and just recorded it officially once a week here on MFP. But I have just started a new thing where I weigh in one week, then the next week I don't weigh in, but instead I check my measurements. So I actually weigh myself every 2 weeks. This coming Monday will be my first weigh-in since I have tried this. I'll be honest, it's hard not to jump on the scale and see where I'm at. I don't see a problem with weighing in every day. Like a lot of people have said, it helps keep you on track. But for me it doesn't work. I can't deal with the daily fluctuations. It's a mind game for me I guess. Then I decided to start keeping track of measurements so that if my scale doesn't budge, I will hopefully still be losing inches. I have a bad habit of relying on the number on the scale and I am trying to break myself of that habit. I am getting into this healthier lifestyle and making myself a better person and that's what matters.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    At least once a day, though usually several times a day. I find the fluctuations to be rather interesting.
  • SLT4273
    Options
    I'm trying to keep it at once a week. Otherwise, the fluctuations might make me panic & give up... I used to be obsessive about the scale however.
  • ew513
    ew513 Posts: 35
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Friday mornings.
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    weigh once a week...
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I try for every friday morning but recently I've been weighing myself almost every day. It's a bad habit but I feel like I need to know.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have a belt thats 33 inches at the last hole .. It's my gauge. My 33 inch waist jeans are my gauge. A scale is unnecessary in all actuality. I refuse to live my life chained to a scale. I planned to overeat in some aspect and over drink from to the 1st. I might weigh in once a week on Friday as that generally is my lowest weight. Body weight fluctuates 2-4 lbs on a given day. Life is too short to worry what you weigh every day of the week.
  • KellsJourney
    KellsJourney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, I feel like it helps me keep on track!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    As of Jan 1st, I will only weigh myseld once a month...
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I normally weight myself every morning as well as keeping a diary of food eaten and exercises so I know where I'm going wrong and how my body changes from day to day. Obviously I don't take it seriously from day to day but I have the "main" weigh-in on a Saturday morning which I'll compare to the previous Saturday for the weight difference over the week. When I'm more into the routine I'll probably cut it down to once or twice a week.

I take measurement twice a month (once a fortnight), re-do BMI/Body Fat Percentage etc and update pictures.
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    check in once a week, everyday is not needed because you aing going to lose weight every day! Stay within your calorie goal and workout at least 3-5 days a week if not everyday, then at the end of the week see what you lost from all the hard work during the week. from what i have been told you can expect to lose about 2lbs a week or more if you are aggressive like me, i lost 4lbs on my first week and I am going on week two.
  • didiwindiva
    didiwindiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Everyday it motivates me as well .