Over 40?

Options

Replies

• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    47. :smile:

Never been overweight, I'm here for the fitness. You are welcome to add me if you'd like, I'm not much of a cattle prodder though. :flowerforyou:
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 as well, have been here almost 6 months and log in every day! Best of luck to you & everyone joining! Feel free to add me - together we can do this! :)
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, joined this site in November and am always looking for motivational friends. You can add me!
  • teresabryan
    teresabryan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in February..I really need prodding as well! I love to see all these people my age (or there abouts) and how much success ya'll have had! By spring, I WANNA WEAR A TANK TOP!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Im 42 and have a few goals for this year... one is logging on daily... even if I do not have time to "socialize" on the boards... Feel free to read my profile and/or blog and if you think we can mutually help eachother reach our goals, by all means send me a friend request (with message).
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and am within a few pounds of my goal. I like to ride (on the back) of a motorcycle with my hubby....see you have one! Add me if you'd like.
  • BrooklynBeast
    Options
    Nothing wrong with being in your 40's. Just keep in shape, eat right and you will look good and live forever. I could be my 20 something year old butt if I could go back in time.

I have no problem being a cattle prod if you want to friend me. I can be good and obnoxious that way. Although I am new to MFP, I think I will be here regularly. I love the food log, which is really helping me to get a handle on my calorie intake during the off season - a time when I normally put on a lot of weight. I have no intentions of doing that this year though.

Happy New Year to All!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    42. I'm an active giver/taker of support and motivation. Feel free to add me.

Happy New Year everyone!
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I turn 42 in April. I have 80-100 lbs. to lose. My amazing husband bought me a treadmill for Christmas. I have been using it everyday since the 20th of Dec when it was delivered. Haven't really weighed myself to see if I have lost anything yet. Truth be told I hate stepping on that thing. I guess I really just want to feel better and have my clothes fit better. To feel sexy in my own skin.
    I have been logging on here everyday as well. Really helps to see the numbers.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.... May we all have a blessed New Year and reach the goals we set for ourselves.

~Denise
  • MACNana2
    MACNana2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 52. I am new here. I plan on logging my food and exercise regularly to keep myself on target to lose these 30 pounds.
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and looking for support and friends too. Happy to give it back in return!

I am a Personal Trainer and am from Melbourne, Australia.

Feel free to add me.

Donna
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! I was shocked at all the responses! Thanks everyone. I'll start going through and reading your responses now.

Happy New Year!:wink:
  • Plove2011
    Plove2011 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree and would love the support. It's been tough losing over 40.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I'll be 54 on the 17th. been on here since Sept. so am still fairly new. Cattle prod might be what I need. I have no trouble logging, but have to force myself to exercise.

I want to look and feel like a whole new person by New Years 2013. Send me a friends request if you'd like.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 41 and realize I may be too late to this party, but hey, I'm always open to new motivational friends! I love to offer support, too. I've been logging in every day since I started MFP in October and I love it.

Feel free to add me

Cattle prods are welcome :wink:
  • Davemann
    Options
    Dave from Brighton UK here. It's New Year's Day and just weighed in for start weight - need to lose 30 pounds by June 19.

Freind me if you want
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm 51! Add me. I had really good success with MFP last year but Christmas came and stress arrived and I literally opened the kitchen cabinets and tilted everything in them directly into my mouth. So.......limping back with new resolve. Sure could use some support and encouragement and I will return the same!
  • preppymommee
    Options
    I'm 52 and have been counting calories since last January 20th. So far I'm down 77 pounds. Desire to lose another 10 before I try to maintain. To me, that is the hardest part of the journey.
  • mamasfit
    Options
    Count me in. Just getting started and struggling with how slow wt loss is at 45 y.o.! Would love support to stick with it for the long haul.
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options