Black Women No Longer "Weighting" To Lose Weight!

Options

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Like India Airie says we are NOT our hair. I love my hair but I love my health even more!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Great post. Nice to see sistahs supporting each other. I have a relaxer, but don't worry about sweating. I just throw it back in a ponytail and when I am done exercising I wait until it is dry to come it out. I refuse to let my hair get in the way of me working out. Good luck to you guys in 2012. This is our year!
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great post and it is awesome to see so many sista's encouraging each other. 2012 is not ready for what we have in store. Let's do this ladies. Happy New Year to you all. God Bless.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Love that song! Thanks for mentioning it. I'm going to download it right now!
    Like India Airie says we are NOT our hair. I love my hair but I love my health even more!
  • handy05
    handy05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow, feel free to add me ladies! I am so surprised to see so many black women posting, i didn't know you all were out there. Here's to 2012 and motivating each other! Thanks for the post.
  • empressM
    Options
    Loving the positive vibe of this post!

The support is so helpful--feel free to add me.

Here's to an amazing New Year... Cheers!
  • sahrak1
    sahrak1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I totally love this post and all of the support going with it xx feel free to add me ladies x
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It is such a blessing to see the Black community embracing healthy living. For so long we have shunned it, thinking it was mainly for White people. It seems Blacks have the highest occurence of almost all chronic diseases. We have to break this cycle starting w/ our own generation. There is a website called "Black Women Do Workout" and they have some beautiful black women who are in tip-top shape and some very delicious recipes.

I started going natural 2 months ago and I workout almost everyday and I sweat ALOT. I blow dry and flat iron my hair, spray oil sheen and it does great! Feel free to add me as well..............
  • honey1017
    honey1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me.... I am embracing my 'natural' hair although some days it is a challenge. But I won't let that defeat me.
    Rise to the challenge sista's.
  • junekmoore
    Options
    Count me in. I have to say the hair is an issue though. I got braids and took 15 pounds off between October and December. I took them out three weeks ago and have cut my workouts in half! I am trying to figure something out. I know I can eat a lot less to compensate for the lack of exercise but it is easier for me to burn 1000 calories a day through exercise than it is to eat less than 1200.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    What a fine collection of Nubian beauty!
    Good luck to you all!
  • zaporiah1988
    Options
    hey. i completely agree. feel free to add me.
  • LADYT74
    LADYT74 Posts: 21
    Options
    I need support!!!
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    my hair wont matter If I dropped dead from CHF or Diabetes. ...Enough talk, let's show the nay sayer what's up ladies!!! ...
    Add me if you like!?!?
  • itsmskimmichelle
    itsmskimmichelle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's a new year Sistas!
    Support each other! Imagine where you'll be @ the end of 2012! :happy:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I <3 all the support!!!
  • juli3b2011
    juli3b2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Last summer I cut my hair short so I wouldn't have the issues with sweating. This year I go to the gym in the mornings in my hard rollers or I just deal. Please add me if you like!

Also, I belong to a FB group called Black Women Do Workout.

I'm also a member of this group...awesome motivation!
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is great stuff. Everyone feel free to add me as a friend. I can use all of the support that I can get.
  • celebrityami
    celebrityami Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. We need to be more supportive of each other and we can achieve more together.
  • cafel3
    cafel3 Posts: 89
    Options
    Count me in!