January move your @as challenge...

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for January move your *kitten* challenge.....welcome to the newbies, welcome back to the oldies...

Set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved to the thread as often as possible and then get moving starting Thursday 12/1...please do not post any December miles here...dinos will update our December spreadsheet shortly.....only add January goals/miles here....welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

The goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, rollerblades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep dino updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them.....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month...welcome and good luck if you decide to join us...

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Sorry I posted wrong start date. I was doing it from my phone so I didn't forget later or tomorrow and I only changed Decembers to Januarys and forgot to change the date too. Start date is Sunday, 1/1.
    Happy new year.

Grrrrrrr and the thread header is wrong too. It should be move your @SS. Auto correct made it @as. Blahhhh oh well.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    LOL I was thinking you might have starting celebrating the New Year early. :tongue: :laugh: and had a few too many.:drinker:

Thanks for setting us up for a New month and a new year bluiz and ty always for the wonderful charts you keep us posted on Dinos. Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

My goal for January is 50 miles.
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    Ok, I'm new, to this group anyways. I haven't been on mfp for a while now, but it's time to get back on track. My goal is 120 km for January.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am excited for the January challenge! I didn't quite hit my Nov goal of 70 so I tried for 70 again in Dec and surpassed it by 6 miles so my goal for January is 85 miles! I think I can do it!

Thanks Denise and Dino for keeping this going!!
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. Where and what do I post?
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    January 2012: my fourth challenge, and my goal is again 70 miles. Thank you, Bluiz13 for continuing the challenge in this new year, and thank you, Dinos, for keeping the spreadsheet updated for us. Best wishes to everyone and Happy New Year!!! :flowerforyou:

ETA: My ticker:

dUgWm5.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'll be back to post later! thanks bluiz and Dinos!!
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in for 140 this month. Thanks!
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    90 Miles for January

exercise.png
  • vaugkimb2346
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles.
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 100 miles again this month!
  • greenescape
    Options
    I'm in for January my goal 125 miles.

exercise.png
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I WILL hit 125 this month!
  • slheitmann
    Options
    I am fairly new here but I am in for 70 miles for January.

exercise.png
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Bluiz13, I am so glad you started this challenge! I have been trying to locate a walking challenge for this month since the last week of December. I enjoy them so much. I plan to walk 70 this month (walking, jogging, and elliptical machine).

exercise.png
  • Kelly1493
    Options
    I'd like to be in for 150. Thanks!
  • pinkandstars09
    Options
    I am going to start small 50 miles in janurary and at least 5 pounds!

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    You can find the challenge progress in a spreadsheet at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc#gid=39

All the challenge data is in there. I suggest you bookmark it for easy reference. The sheet is not editable, you'll have to post your miles in your messages. Don't forget to set a personal goal and remember to post every now and then to keep the thread going. If you have any questions pls ask
  • MamaJo150
    MamaJo150 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a NEWBIE so will start with an attainable goal of 100 miles!
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    Way to start the year with a challenge! I am in for 80 miles!