Help: Breakfast Ideas

Options
13»

Replies

• ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @ Walmart (near the microwaves) there is a little round microwaveable dish for eggs. It's works great! I buy the egg whites (but you can get eggs) in the carton and pour it about 1/2 full and microwave for about 40 seconds. When it's done, I sprinkle a couple tsp of shredded cheese and close the lid back for it to melt while I make a piece of wheat toast and put a little Kraft Olive Oil Mayo then slide my egg right onto the bread. It's quick & delish!

Oatmeal and toast is always good

If there is no time to eat at home, I like Nutri-grain bars (Apple/Cinnamon) with a cup of coffee after I get to work.

For a mid-morning snack, I love one of the yoplait yogurts!
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @ Walmart (near the microwaves) there is a little round microwaveable dish for eggs. It's works great! I buy the egg whites (but you can get eggs) in the carton and pour it about 1/2 full and microwave for about 40 seconds. When it's done, I sprinkle a couple tsp of shredded cheese and close the lid back for it to melt while I make a piece of wheat toast and put a little Kraft Olive Oil Mayo then slide my egg right onto the bread. It's quick & delish!

Oatmeal and toast is always good

If there is no time to eat at home, I like Nutri-grain bars (Apple/Cinnamon) with a cup of coffee after I get to work.

For a mid-morning snack, I love one of the yoplait yogurts!

Sorry had to go to my meals and check the calories: 167 for the quick egg sandwich I referenced above!
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I eat Quaker quick oats with peanut butter, unsweetened cocoa powder and splenda most mornings. Just put 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup skim milk in mocro for 2:20 minutes. Add 1 tblsp peanut butter, 1 tblsp unsw cocoa and splenda to taste. It holds me for hours.
  • JVWard98
    JVWard98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas! Thank you!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is great. i started eating steel cut oats recently, a little "better" for you, but any kind is good for you. i like putting in two tablespoons of extra chunky peanut butter in with the oats while they cook. and a sliced banana on top.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning or make egg beater omelet with a bit of salsa. Mostly because I am too lazy or hurried to cook much and also Doctor recommended to get enough protein and watch sugar spikes from too many carbs.

BTW - Awesome tat!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    pry has been said already. My favorite go to breakfast are as follows.

Oatmeal
    yogurt... Fage Greek or Dannon Lite & fit with any of the following mixed in - fruit - cereal - honey - veggies
    Bagel with a light smear of cream cheese
    Juice - V-8 blends
    Hard boiled egg
    Cottage cheese with pineapple or ham bits
    Carnation instant breakfast with Almond milk
    English muffin with a egg and cheese.
    Handful of almonds
    Cereal bars
  • LASHAY429
    Options
    I EAT A BOWL OF OATMEAL WITH SPLENDA
  • ritaslater
    ritaslater Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hate Breakfast, so I have a shake every morning.

1 cup skim milk,
    1 tbsp pure cocoa,
    1 tbsp vanilla flavor instant coffee,
    1 cup ice
    and a scoop of vanilla protein powder
    and usually a tsp or so of flax seed oil.
    and blend!

Its a coffee, vanilla - cocoa heaven! And usually around 200 cals depending on your powder and milk.
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Zingy Oats Porridge

1/3 cup oat bran
    2/3 cup cold unsweetened orange juice

1 - Combine oat bran and orange juice in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl.
    2 - Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes; watch constantly and stop cooking when mixture threatens to bubble over the sides of the bowl.
    3 - Stir occasionally.
    4 - After 2 minutes, check to see if all the orange juice has been absorbed.
    5 - If not, microwave for another 30 seconds to a minute.
    6 - Stir, and, if desired, top with fresh orange slices (or any other"compatible" fruit) for a yummy, citrusy breakfast!

Note: Microwave times will vary so adjust cook time accordingly; this recipe simply provides a rough guideline

An alternative way to do it is to mix it all together the night before and leave it to soak overnight. Then you can just heat and eat and not worry about checking that it is all absorbed as it pretty much has already before it goes in the microwave.
    If you do that and keep it in the fridge then it affects cooking times so I leave it covered in clingfilm at room temerature. This is so quick it takes virtually the same amount of time to do as it takes to boil the kettle for a morning cup of tea or coffee.

I've also done it with unsweetened apple juice which is nice. Pineapple was interesting, but some people don't like it. I don't like tomato or cranberry juices so haven't tried it with those.