Mines is 18.6 and my goal is 17
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    30.2 but my goal is like 22-24
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    BMI is a poor measurement as it stands alone.
    What is your body fat?

You can go here to find out:
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

That tells me much more than BMI

Ummm That site doesn't work that well for obese people. lol
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My current BMI is 28.0 (178lbs)

My goal BMI is 20.4 (130lbs)
  • Leafeh
    Leafeh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    current BMI is 25.4

ideal BMI is 20
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    I'm obese according to my bmi
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Since I was doing my measurements, weight, and body fat today, I went ahead and figured my BMI as well just for this thread. My BMI is 31.07 and would be classified as obese. But my body fat this morning is 12% and I wear a size 6 pants. As I'm sure you've already gotten from the previous threads, BMI means nothing when you are a serious exerciser. As for my goals, I'm at my goal body fat %. Technically, I am only planning on maintaining below 15% for the next year while I'm transitioning to a new school, new house in another state, and new job, so I'm below goal.

Are you 12% BF in your profile pictures?

No, those were taken 6 months ago. I was about 17% body fat then.

Since your profile says you are a certified trainer and a sports nutritionist, I looked at your diary. Is your diary real? As a sports nutritionist, I am wondering if you would advise your clients to drink all that regular pepsi (sugar) and consume so many carbs and relatively low on protein.
    thanks
    I'm not sure the relevance of this in this thread, but most "broscientists" I've noticed recommend way more protein then the body really needs. Here's the thing, you eat a smaller amount of protein, and more carbs, your body uses the carbs for energy, and the protein for muscle repair/building. Now, switch that, cut the carbs and add more protein, and your body just uses some of the protein for muscle repair/building and converts the rest to glycogen to replace the carbs you aren't eating. The end result is the same. That's why nutrition textbooks call for a protein amount of 0.8 grams per kilogram of bodyweight for the average person.

Also, the amount of sugar you eat is totally irrelevant for fitness unless you have diabetes or another type of insulin resistance/metabolic disorder. Sugar, simple sugar specifically, can actually be a great energy source for hard performance, as it's taken up very quickly by the body for immediate use. Now, limiting sugar can be helpful for fat loss, but at 12% body fat, I doubt she's looking to lose any fat.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    25.6 just over "normal. Im aiming for 23ish. Lower 20s is good for me.
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    36.7 aiming for around 20
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Since I was doing my measurements, weight, and body fat today, I went ahead and figured my BMI as well just for this thread. My BMI is 31.07 and would be classified as obese. But my body fat this morning is 12% and I wear a size 6 pants. As I'm sure you've already gotten from the previous threads, BMI means nothing when you are a serious exerciser. As for my goals, I'm at my goal body fat %. Technically, I am only planning on maintaining below 15% for the next year while I'm transitioning to a new school, new house in another state, and new job, so I'm below goal.

Since your profile says you are a certified trainer and a sports nutritionist, I looked at your diary. Is your diary real? As a sports nutritionist, I am wondering if you would advise your clients to drink all that regular pepsi (sugar) and consume so many carbs and relatively low on protein.
    thanks
    I'm not sure the relevance of this in this thread, but most "broscientists" I've noticed recommend way more protein then the body really needs. Here's the thing, you eat a smaller amount of protein, and more carbs, your body uses the carbs for energy, and the protein for muscle repair/building. Now, switch that, cut the carbs and add more protein, and your body just uses some of the protein for muscle repair/building and converts the rest to glycogen to replace the carbs you aren't eating. The end result is the same. That's why nutrition textbooks call for a protein amount of 0.8 grams per kilogram of bodyweight for the average person.

Also, the amount of sugar you eat is totally irrelevant for fitness unless you have diabetes or another type of insulin resistance/metabolic disorder. Sugar, simple sugar specifically, can actually be a great energy source for hard performance, as it's taken up very quickly by the body for immediate use. Now, limiting sugar can be helpful for fat loss, but at 12% body fat, I doubt she's looking to lose any fat.

not sure why you answered a question that was directed to someone else. and I respectfully disagree with you on dumping all that sugar into anyones body, diabetic or not.
  • Psychomasokism
    Psychomasokism Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Currently down to a BMI of 25.8 from a whopping 46.8 :bigsmile: But I've learned not to put too much emphasis on it. It was more useful to me when I was bigger, now it's practically useless!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    mine right now is 40 it will be 18.5 at the end of this year i'm going by my weight not a real bmi but it will work for me i don't have any muscles
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

thanks

Yes, my diary is real. I've actually had this question quite often, so I wrote a blog post about it a few months ago so I quit having to explain it over and over and over. You can read that here about halfway down the page if you are interested. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TrainingWithTonya

Would I recommend my eating plan for everyone? No. Would I recommend it for someone who isn't as active as I am? No. Would I recommend it for someone else who does the activity I do and has the medical issues I do? Yes. All dietary recommendations should look at the individual and their specific needs because there is no perfect program for everyone. Each of my clients gets their program designed to meet their needs, not mine. Anyone who tells you that nutrition is one size fits all is either lying or uneducated. There are some health issues that actually require white bread and processed foods, and others that require a high protein intake, and still others that require cutting protein down to no more then 0.6 grams per kilogram of body weight. It all depends on the person, their activity level, their physical status (Diseases, not just training), and their goals. If my eating plan doesn't work for you, that's fine, because I'm not asking you to follow it. Since I've cut my body fat from 30% to 12% in a year, its working well for me. And what works for the individual doing it is all that really matters.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

thanks

Yes, my diary is real. I've actually had this question quite often, so I wrote a blog post about it a few months ago so I quit having to explain it over and over and over. You can read that here about halfway down the page if you are interested. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TrainingWithTonya

Would I recommend my eating plan for everyone? No. Would I recommend it for someone who isn't as active as I am? No. Would I recommend it for someone else who does the activity I do and has the medical issues I do? Yes. All dietary recommendations should look at the individual and their specific needs because there is no perfect program for everyone. Each of my clients gets their program designed to meet their needs, not mine. Anyone who tells you that nutrition is one size fits all is either lying or uneducated. There are some health issues that actually require white bread and processed foods, and others that require a high protein intake, and still others that require cutting protein down to no more then 0.6 grams per kilogram of body weight. It all depends on the person, their activity level, their physical status (Diseases, not just training), and their goals. If my eating plan doesn't work for you, that's fine, because I'm not asking you to follow it. Since I've cut my body fat from 30% to 12% in a year, its working well for me. And what works for the individual doing it is all that really matters.

ok...fair enough...just seems all that regular pepsi would be too much sugar for any diet or any need...but if it works for you then it works for you...good luck
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hovering around 18-19. Used to be 27!

God that seems so low - be carefull.
    I am if you read my profile... Body fat is just under 13% which I like so I'm hoping to gain muscle to increase my weight and BMI.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    24.9 I am no longer basing my goal weight on my BMI and have shifted to body fat % and my mirror for guidance.
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Mine is a very yucky 26.6 right now but it will change :)
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    My BMI is 19.5 ... I wanna keep it that way :)
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    BMI- 22.96
    Body Fat % - 26.47

Trying to decrease both of those to under 20!