100 pushup challenge

Options
pipinana
pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
I'm going to start the 100 pushup challenge tomorrow, and was wondering if anyone wants to join me?

Here's the scoop; http://hundredpushups.com/index.html.

Basically by the end of the six weeks you should be able to so 100 consecutive pushups. I'm sure I'll have to repeat a week or two, so my goal is to be able to do it in ten.

Whomever wants to join me, I'll be keeping a spreadsheet of our progress, and be checking in every Sunday, with periodical uplifting messages to keep us going. Basically we'll be doing pushups every other day.

So, who's with me?

:drinker:

Initial Test: 4 :wink:

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    what if we can already do 100+ push ups?
  • pipinana
    Options
    then i hate you. lol
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    lol. I like your goal though. You may have days, like you said, where you won't progress as much as the week before. You will however also have the reverse effect where you will you be able to finish you goal number of push ups and still be able to do more. DO MORE! Take those days to absolute failure, you will see your best progress.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you! this is something I was going to start on my own by just doing 10 pushups every night and add another 10 every week. I think this program would work better tho!
  • pipinana
    Options
    =) Thanks! Good advice, I'll definitively do it.
  • pipinana
    Options
    I'll do it with you! this is something I was going to start on my own by just doing 10 pushups every night and add another 10 every week. I think this program would work better tho!

awesome sammykatt! glad to have someone. let me know what your initial testing was...
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    This is a great challenge, it really works!

Enjoy!
  • privatenike
    privatenike Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I want to join you! I've toyed with the idea of doing this for a while! I want in :)
  • kellyc3
    kellyc3 Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I cannot do a normal push up to save my life, I can just about do the soft version (knees on the ground) but I don't think that is what the challenge is about.
  • pipinana
    Options
    Great! Glad to have more joining! 'girl' pushups are totally fine! I toyed with the idea too... ;)
  • scrumdidlly
    scrumdidlly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    50 lbs vest?
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I need to work on toning my upper body! Thanks
  • scrumdidlly
    scrumdidlly Posts: 17 Member
    Options

50 lbs vest?
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I don't have time to get to the gym and start on the lifting for the next month or so, so this will be great for me. Awesome!
  • pipinana
    Options

50 lbs vest?

LOL
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • pipinana
    Options
    I'm in...I need to work on toning my upper body! Thanks

YAY
    Count me in! I don't have time to get to the gym and start on the lifting for the next month or so, so this will be great for me. Awesome!

Perfect!
  • Jrud22
    Jrud22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I will probably start off with the knee push-ups because at this point in time I can not do the regular pushup all the way (elbows won't make it to a 90 degree angle).
  • halleygruber
    Options
    I'll join. =)