Over 40?

Options

Replies

• Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am well over 40, I'm 51 :bigsmile:

I don't have a cattle prod but I do have an axe, that usually gets people moving!!
  • slamazon
    slamazon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 at the beginning of December and would love to share encouragement and support with others in their 40s!!!!
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i'm 42 and relatively new to the site. good luck with your goals!
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I will turn 50 this month and have 70 pounds to lose. I started a new thread to introduce myself, but saw this thread bump to the top. Please feel free to add me. I am looking for mutual encouragement and support.
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 in Oct and am here after losing 35 lbs over on livestrong a couple of years ago. It's all crept back (or nearly all). I'd love a couple buddies too!
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Twallstreet2
    Twallstreet2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm new and 43. I too may need a cattle prod and would love to have some support and help support. Feel free to add me.

Tonya
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Who would have know how much cattle prodding was needed! haha!!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and have to credit MFP and my friends here for helping me and holding me responsible (food diary!) I think it takes a little more time to get the metabolism kicked into gear when you're a little more "seasoned," but I've been able to drop 17 lbs. I'm not planning on losing anymore, but want to be accountable, and continue to get more fit.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm 47 will be 48 in March and know very well the difficulties of losing and keeping weight off after the BIG 40!!! I tried MFP a couple of years ago and got wrapped up in other things, got side tracked, distracted, disinterested, hmmm what other excuses can I come up with :-) So now here I am 40 pounds later and am DterMined to get fit and healthy before I turn 50!!! Am seeking motivational support and friendships to help me reach my goal, so look for my request in your mailbox :)
  • SueFlan
    Options
    I am with you... been to WW and it worked, but so hard with life happening! i am super new to this - started yesterday. I am good for the tracking and I just need to keep motivated like everyone else. It's hard when you don't like to work out and are alone in that. But, I did it before with WW and I believe that I can do it again!
  • CaboScotty
    CaboScotty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 40, will be 41 this month. I am not new at this, but fell off of living a healthy lifestyle. I started tracking my food on Monday and started working out today. Feel free to add me. I could use all the support (encouragement) I can get and I will return the same.
  • alittlebird
    alittlebird Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Robin, 48, and have 86 pounds to loose. I am just trying for a slow 1 pound a week. Maybe then I can maintain the change in behavior. Could use a few friends.
  • bagoobie
    bagoobie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    started using this site over a month ago
    its helped me lose 6 lbs but my goal is 50 or more!'

I need buddies!
  • pa77y
    pa77y Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, I am 51 and just returning also, last time with no friends! I am hoping friends will keep me doing it. Please add me!
  • DU1111
    DU1111 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hitting 40 this year and looking for some support.
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    49....wanting to lose 50 by my 50th so if you find a good cattle prod, maybe you can share!. New again to this site, feel free to add as friend. Looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck!
  • mamasfit
    Options
    So how's everyone doing? We're 5 days into the new year. Still sticking with it? I had a Disneyland day with my kids yesterday and stuck to things pretty well. Couldn't track, but made best choices. Lots of walking.
  • sunshinyday69
    sunshinyday69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    42 yr old female just starting here...looking to lose 40 lbs :)
  • Tianzi
    Tianzi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    44 yrs old and started this site yesterday....feel free to add me as well. I want to lose 29 lbs to be at my personal goal.....this time, I'm doing it!! :)