Have you taken down your Christmas tree yet?

Options
Lanna74
Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
Taking mine down today. So Sad!! =(

Replies

• iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    took it down January first. holidays were good this year; it's always a bit sad when they end.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Had to! Once the first round of house guests left Thursday we had 1 day to get the house ready for the second round of house guests. Testosterone party here today... bunch of single guys taking over my house to watch the Winter Classic hockey game. They cook (prime rib, potatoes, deep fried green beans, fresh bread, etc) AND they clean up after! Win win for me!:wink:
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    yes we took it down today.(well the other half did)
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    not yet...it's a religious thing to keep it up till the 7th of January, although i'm very tempted to take it down
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Took it down Christmas night haha.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Will this week along with all the lights I hung up!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Ours is still up, it will come down...... sometime...... LOL
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Took it down yesterday but still have some other Christmas decorations up around the house.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    We took ours down new year's eve. For some reason, I just didn't want to start the new year with Christmas decorations up.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options

This. Eventually I guess it has to.
  • willandjaye
    willandjaye Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We took ours down (as well as all of our decorations) on the 31st. It usually stays up for way too long but with a one year old, it had to go away, lol.
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    I'm undecorating it today, but I don't want to.

My fiance proposed with an ornament (it was so cute and sweet and unexpected) and I don't want to see it go away yet!
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    Took it down last night, along with other Christmas decorations. We will take the outside lights down on a warmer day, just too windy and cold today.
  • comosa
    comosa Posts: 12
    Options
    Hopefully ours will be coming down tomorrow as that's when the little one goes back to school. No point keeping it up now the xmas holidays are over for him.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    not yet...it's a religious thing to keep it up till the 7th of January, although i'm very tempted to take it down

I always leave it up until Epiphany as well.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    took it down January first. holidays were good this year; it's always a bit sad when they end.

I agree! Took mine down on the 31st.:frown:
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Ours is still up. I need to find the motivation to take it down. It makes a really nice night light in the dark corner of our living room, I might just leave it and put Valentine's Day decorations on it! Then Easter..and so on :tongue:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options

This. Eventually I guess it has to.

Haha - the longest I ever left the tree up was until some time in March - the year I was a surgical intern. It was REALLY brown by then!!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would, but MFP keeps stealing all my time.
  • kara0622
    Options
    My boyfriend and I went to his grandparents for christmas so sadly i didn't put up a tree this year, but I did go shopping and got some great goodies for next years tree. My mom gave me a cute idea , keep tree up all year and change out the deco, lol. Hearts for valentines day, bunnies for easter little pregnant people for labor day. LOL now to get my boyfriend on the train lol