I'm so cheap that I....

Options

Replies

• stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am a money waster...but I'm going to try to change that and steal some of your ideas :)
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

I GET MY MUSIC OFF YOUTUBE CONVERTER - F** PAYING ITUNES

The YouTube converter is my best friend!!! I used to spend craploads on iTunes, but I haven't spent a dime on there in about 6 months!!!

OK I am DYING to know...how do I DO this??? I spend WAAAAAY too much buying music!
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    + I cut my own hair and my spouse straightens the back I can't see.
    + Glad to see others re-use Ziploc/Glad bags too.
    + Eating less these days, using My Fitness Pal means more money in my pocket
    + Coupons wherever possible
    + E-mail instead of print
    + I make my own saline nasal spray (0.65% Saline solution = water + salt) after buying the first bottle and re-filling, just be sure you have filtered water.
    + Refilling my salt/pepper grinders instead of throwing them away and replacing.

***Please support your music artists by purchasing music you frequently listen to.***
  • mrscroel
    Options
    I make my own laundry soap too! Works soooo much better than the store bought stuff and saves me a lot of $$$$$! My kids call me the laundry lady...I am always doing laundry!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I separate 2 ply toilet paper to wipe.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    I've saved about £90 over the past year at a site called TopCashBack - does anyone else use it or Quidco or something similar?

LOVE cashback! Every little helps!
  • jaxterbom
    Options
    That's thinking outside the shoebox.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I've saved about £90 over the past year at a site called TopCashBack - does anyone else use it or Quidco or something similar?
    I've recently discovered Quidco, and nearly every online shopping site I use has cashback through it! I also look for discount codes and ALWAYS shop around before buying anything - often the unlikely options have something cheaper.

I'm also so cheap I never park anywhere that charges. Saves me a fortune and boosts my exercise carrying heavy shopping home on foot!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Yup!
    I do most the same things!
    Consolidate all trips to town to the two days my daughter has storytime and playgroup.
    Coupons and price matching.
    When the weather is fairly decent I dry our clothes on a the line outside...but if it is too hot or cold don't want to open the door and mess up the indoor temp.
    We use wood to heat with and REFUSE to turn the air on until June( we live in MO)
    We always take a lunch as often as we can and for the kids lunchboxes I have bought special containers(in the dollar isle) for their sandwiches and snacks so we don't have to keep buying baggies all the time. It really irritates me that the school requires the kids to bring a SACK lunch on filed trips instead of allowing tem to take a reusable bag!

We use the trash service at my husbands shop instead of having it come to the house...he just takes the bags in to work with him when we empty the trash.
    This is a good rule too:
    The only 2 items you ned: duct tape and wd40
    If it moves and it shouldn't: use duct tape
    If it doesn't move and it should: use wd40

so I can't spell today!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I refuse to buy anything that isn't on clearance or on sale, including grocery items. I stock up on buy one/get one items at the grocery store.

I also refuse to spend more than $2-$3 for bottle of shampoo and conditioner.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Duct tape should be one of the 7 wonders of the world!

And cut and colour my own hair, dye my own brows and lashes, have never paid for a manicure/pedicure/facial, or fake tan...do it all myself! Don't join a gym, get out and jog/run/walk the dogs, buy your fruit and veg from a local market rather than a supermarket, and pick up trays of meat and fish from there too...

Cook big and freeze portions, don't throw away leftovers! Go to shops that your snobby firends turn their noses up at (in the UK Aldi and Lidl), their quality is great and so cheap compared to the bigger stores!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

The only 2 items you need: duct tape and wd40

This^^^
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    bump
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

The only 2 items you need: duct tape and wd40

This^^^

love it!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I buy virtually everything on eBay. I once bought a lot of 50 razor blades and saved $100. Something about paying $15-$20 for 4-5 blades makes me angry.

I also get all my cables off there, something that'd cost $20-50 at a store can be bought for under $5. Some are even $0.99 shipped......

For supplements, I check 3 sites daily, they usually have things on sale anywhere from 30%-80% off. i've purchased $1000 of items (mostly protein, bars etc) for about $100.

I frequent sites like nextag, woot.com, and amazon. If I find a product I like, I'll use those places to get a better deal.

I can buy almost anything online for waaaay less then I can find in town. That's even factoring in shipping.

I get a fair amount of clothing (usually workout) at the salvation army or value village in the city. I've purchased tons of new items (still with stickers/tages) for like 1/4 of the cost. Same with work/camp clothing, cause I know it'll get dirty and ruined.

I don't really look at all that as 'cheap' more like pretty smart if you ask me.

Despite all that, I still have no money saved...but I WILL be watching a raptors-knicks game from the front row with my bro in a few weeks.. ;)
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I chase after the garbage truck with a grocery list lol

Bwahhhhhh! Now that is funny! (Hmmmm!)
  • tea_and_tofu
    Options
    when buying stuff online i first shearch for a discount code and check to see if i can ship to the store instead of paying for it to come to my house.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    when buying stuff online i first shearch for a discount code and check to see if i can ship to the store instead of paying for it to come to my house.

on a RELATED note...since i don't have a car and don't want to pay shipping i ALWAYS by just enough to get "Free shipping if you spend X"
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I cut and colour my own hair....I did Worlds Greatest Shave in 2010 and love how great short hair felt.....So, I bought my own set of hair clippers and have been doing it myself ever since.....Have save heaps.....

I do my own BAS and tax....bought a program all I do is put in the data and it spits out what I need....Only cost $20AUD with free updates. Much cheaper then getting someone else to do it......

Just change my mobile plan....I now pay $17.99AUD per month and get $550AUD worth of calls and text plus 1.5gigs of data.....

Some great ideas here.....