is there an exercise you wish you could do?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    pullups/chin ups but I don't have anything to use to do them. :( My dad has a chin up bar at the farm. I wish he would've got it when I was still living at home!! lol

you can get a pull-up bar that hangs in your doorway for like 20 bucks online or at Walgreens.

I honestly don't have 20 bucks to spare right now even. I don't even have that much to spend on groceries so there's no way I'd be able to spend it on a pull up bar.

I do them on a tree limb or my neighbor's swing set. Do you have something like that? :smile:
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Definitely run. Time to get back to C25K. I seem to get to week 3 and quit
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Any exercise where I have to pull/push my own weight like pull ups, chin ups and dips!
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    I wish I could run but due to having three children under 6 I just don't have the free time to do it at the moment. I see others running and really wish I could. So for now I have to stick to walking and dvds.

So is there anything you wish you could do and why can't you?

I wish I could do Pilates. I wish I could run. I wish I could do yoga ... I'm working on them all ... but still slow going!
  • Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Pistol Squat with any kind of weight
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Running is one thing that I always wanted to do, I also have 2 young children and I have started the couch to 5k program. I love it!! I'll tell u a secret, I run in the basement or along the hall and living room when they are busy playing and don't seem to need me! Sometimes I get interrupted, but not too bad, and I just pause my stop watch and jump right back in when I'm done dealing! Good luck to you!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have the flexibility of Steve Ross (Yoga)

But as my 80 year old yoga instructor says, 'just do what your body can do today, in the present.'
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do zumba dance or some other dance cardio workout but with too left feet and no moves that will never happen LOL

DDR for WII has a dance pad and you have to follow the arrows rather than actually know how to dance. It's sad my daughter is a great dancer with natural talent but i can't dance worth squat.
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Push ups. But I've given myself a challenge to fix that. One push up a day for week one, two push ups for week two, three push ups for week 3, etc. I'm even going to log it - lol

Pull ups would be nice, but I'm going to wait until I don't have so much weight to pull up :laugh:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,954 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do zumba dance or some other dance cardio workout but with too left feet and no moves that will never happen LOL

Everyone who starts zumba has 2 left feet -- Go for it! I had never danced in my life, and now I do zumba and English country dancing. I'm not great, but I'm having a great time and burning calories.

I'm afraid to try running at my advanced age, lol. But, I just read a post about running in the rain, and I want to try it.
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If I could do gymnastics moves, or circus performer moves (silks etc.) and make it look easy, that would be a HUGE achievement
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My body is a bit of a wreck so most exercise id problematical or just very painful.

Another one here that would like to run. My knees are shot to pieces and i have arthritis in my feet and ankles. Even attempting the lightest jog is murder on my joints and really painful. I also have a bad back. At times I can't even stand upright when it goes.

I would like to be able to swim. I paid for lessons to find that my arm doesn't rotate properly, making srimming difficulty. I also don't have natural boutancy so have to make an concerted effort to stay afloat. This involves arching my back which makes it painful.
    One time I was in the pool trying to do sometihng on my back. I was able to do a little just kicking with my feet, but that was painful as I was arching my back to stay afloat. I thought tis is awkward, I can't move. I couldn't roll over and had no idea how to get out of this on my back position. The lifeguard said all you need to do is bring your knees yo to your chin. When you do this you automatically turn vertically. Maybe most people do, but thats because they don't have a 56 inch waist. there is no way you can get your knees anywhere near your chin. because i was no longer arching my back i depth charged straight under and got into a panic. I've never been in the pool since that day. I have put on about 50lbs since then so wouldn't even contemplate trying to get in shorts and in a pool until i lost at leat that again.

The last thing i wish I could do is ride a bike. I can get on a stationary bike, although the seat hurts and after 20 minutes I have a sore backside. I have a fear of getting on a regular bike as they are thinner and smaller than stationary bikes in gyms. I'm scared that something on the frame or the spokes in the wheels would snap or warp with my weight. The other fear is falling off, At 338lbs coming off a bike it's not going to be a graceful fall and gentle landing. Even if I am wearing a helmet ans knee/ankle pads it's going to urt and I risk breaking something or damaging my body more than it already is.
    I've told myself if I can lose 100lbs I'll buy myself a bike and risk falling off.
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    oh I would love to be able to do so many things
    push ups, one arm/leg push up, pull ups, going up a rope just with the strength of my arms, some awesome UFC moves, I would love to learn muay thai :), running, lifting heavy, running up stairs without having the feeling my knees are killing me or I am going to faint :)

I think the most things I can work on, just have to give it a lot of time, maybe the rest of my life who knows :) And a girl can dream :)
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    I would love to be able to do pull-ups. There is this team at work I want to be a part of but it requires you do a certain amount of pull-ups to get in. I am just working on building upper body strength and hopefully I will be able to reach that goal in a year. We shall see.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Also kickboxing but the prospect of dislocating things makes it a bit unappealing!
  • CandiceS86
    CandiceS86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Pull ups and Push ups! I can't do neither because I like have no muscles in my arms. But I'm working on it :)