any food that has ZERO calories?

Options

Replies

• capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a zero calorie food and negative calorie foods aren't real either. You could have an apple, orange, or two mandarins for about 80 calories though.

I wish I could burn 100 to 150 calories in 15 minutes... I only burn about 60. :grumble:
  • beepeeee
    Options
    My husband is a Dr. and he told me that when you get those little cravings like at night, when you are sure you have eaten enough but for some reason you are hungry you are usually dehydrated. Apparently we don't drink nearly enough water as we should and that causes all kinds of health issues..:)
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Pickle jars say 0... labels usually round so they would have to have less than 5 for them to put that.. so 1 or 2 cals.. close enough to 0 for me!

Pickles do have a lot of salt, but the OP didn't mention salt.. you need salt to live.. stop eating so much processed foods and you can eat a pickle every once in a while.. :)
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    thanks for the NICE opinions. i guess i wasnt really meaning 0, but i was hoping u would know what i mean, very low cal. of course veggies and stuff are low. thats a given.

and i have been downing lots of water here lately. ive had a cold so im trying to keep myself above the weather.

and i also recently had a surgery that left my hormones a bit crazy, so ive been craving stuff. so thats also hard to ignore.
  • garzatwin
    Options
    hot tea, green tea, mustard, pickles, lettuce (practically), yogurt is really low in calories and very filling too
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If it has 0 cals it's probably not food - but if you want to put something warm and comforting in your belly, what about herbal teas? My favourite is lemon and ginger.

Or you could have some fruit (strawberries are yummy and low in cals) or crackers or veggie sticks dipped in low fat plain yoghurt. And remember that MFP has built in a calorie deficit fory ou, so going a few calories over your daily allowance every now and again isn't the end of the world.
  • HeatherChapa
    HeatherChapa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Frozen Fruit is low in Cal & your burn more because its cold :)
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    im also a sucker for hot green tea. im on a peach flavored kick right now.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/25-shockingly-low-calorie-foods

I read this article this morning. It's mostly green vegetable like I said earlier, but it's got a couple other ideas.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    With cravings if you get a bit creative you can usually find or make something with the flavor you need to get the craving out of your system.

My favorite snack now is this - http://www.justhungry.com/2006/06/notsosweet_tsub.html - I used small red beans because I can't get azuki. It's pretty low calorie, since it's filling enough that you don't have to eat much. It's good for sweet cravings and high in fiber.
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    They say that some foods like cucumber has negative calories because you burn more eating than they contain!

That's a silly myth. http://www.livestrong.com/article/262570-do-negative-calorie-foods-exist/ There are also a lot of other credible sources on the internet about this.

Just do a bit of exercise, and have a little snack you like. Or just have a snack if you really are hungry. One snack isn't going to make you gain weight.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    They say that some foods like cucumber has negative calories because you burn more eating than they contain!

That's a silly myth. http://www.livestrong.com/article/262570-do-negative-calorie-foods-exist/ There are also a lot of other credible sources on the internet about this.

Just do a bit of exercise, and have a little snack you like. Or just have a snack if you really are hungry. One snack isn't going to make you gain weight.
    Agreed...and 'glitterpiss'? BEST. NAME. EVER.
  • azenhog
    Options
    I make snow cones with sugar free Torani. Zero calories, tastes decadent, and the best part is it adds to my water intake. I got a snow cone machine and a Ninja for the holidays and find the Ninja does an amazing job. If you use the Ninja, be careful. It can go from snow to slush (like a frozen Margarita) very fast. For hard core munchies I eat baby carrots and celery plain or dipped in salsa. The crunch is very satisfying. The salsa works so I don't have to use salt for the celery. Good luck.
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    Agreed...and 'glitterpiss'? BEST. NAME. EVER.

Thank you :D
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Pickles, celery, carrots, lettuce, spinach. You can pretty much fill up an entire plate of zero calorie foods, and eat whatever you want with it, in a smaller portion, fill you up really well
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    I found 0 cal jelly and peanut butter but it tasted horrible. oh oh tea :)
  • smithjol74
    Options
    heck out this web site, it has foods which contain calories, but once consumed by the body, they actually become negative calorie foods. Worth a look. Thanks. Jo.

http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Zero_Calorie_Foods
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    chewing gum?
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt worry too much about eating a bowl of lettuce and cucumber and celery and maybe a bit of pepper. I do weight watchers and you can eat veggies freeley and dont coun them as points within reason. I always lose weight. So dig in :O) x
  • alemap1mom
    alemap1mom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this also.