Anyone NOT belong to a gym?

Options

Replies

• I also us a ellptical trainer. I work full time, i have two children and go to school full time for my bachelors degree. In my free time we go for family walks and bike rides
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've never belonged to a gym and I doubt I ever would. Sweating in front of a bunch of strangers for me would be synonymous to taking a dump in front of them. No thanks.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have the availability of a military gym but it's 30-40 mins away so I work out at home. I use dvd's, the wii, stretching, and run/walk outside.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I also work out at home I have an elliptical and a treadmill I also do jillian michales 30 day shred and I plan to get an exercise ball I used to belong to a gym but my dad is a workout equipment junkie he has a punching bag he never uses and he even turned out back yard into a track so I alternate between those things for my work outs.
    Edit: wii and x-box kinnect games are also good work outs
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I do not belong to a gym. I have been walking and I have a routine that includes hills up and down. I increase the length of my walk every two weeks.

I use videos to exercise with and I use a yoga ball.

12908857.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fit4justme
    fit4justme Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership. I have a variety of DVDs I use and I sometimes use the Wii. As of right now I only have 5 lb dumb bells. I recently started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and that seems to be a good workout.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    no gym membership here, i travel alot for work and can be gone for up to 3 months at a time so no sense throwing good money away...lol on a positive note I have done P90X and currently 2 weeks from completing Insanity. both are great especially if you have to travel !
  • babyphat2012
    babyphat2012 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do beachbody workouts at home. Turbo Fire is my favorite. You should check it out. Inbox me if you want to know more abou the program, Ill be happy to tell you about it
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I had a gym membership last year, stopped using it in April? Finally got it cancelled in December, that was a bunch of useless money output that could have gone to something else more effectively.

Body-weight exercises, isometrics etc... you know... the stuff they do in basic training, soldiers don't have an excuse for not "doing" their workouts due to lack of "Equipment" as their gear is with them every day, anywhere in the world. Works for me.
  • joaniehuffman
    Options
    No gym membership here...I workout to DVD's. It is so much more convenient than going to a gym and less expensive too. You can do their workouts with minimal equipment and rotate various DVD's to change up your routine.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    No gym! There is a nice road that goes by the house so put on shoes and follow it. And the days I take the kids we go to the public track- they kick the ball around in the middle while I run in circles, sometimes they come join me. There is also a park that has a loop trail that circles the playground- perfect for them to ride bikes while I run...
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    No gym for me - I don't really like them. It's much easier to get on the stationary bike at home or go for a walk. I also have a yoga DVD that I don't use often enough.

Until recently I had a weekly Zumba class and a weekly yoga class at work. I like classes 'cos there's an appointment and other people are expecting you to be there. I'll get back into them soon.
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I don't belong to a gym. Too much commuting, time away from my kiddo and cost. I have an exercise bike at home, free weights, barbells and a punching bag. Realisticly, you can still loose weight using the resistance of your own body. I LOVE squats, push-ups and all varieties of crunches.I like to make up routines to my own custom music blends. Change up as nessesary. I surf the net for inspiration, new ways to do the same old thing, techniques.

Ultimately, you can use your own body. What you can do with just your own self, it's amazing. I mean, we didn't always have gyms. Had to get fit somehow. :happy:

Good luck!
  • thea0101
    thea0101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just started a few days ago. I found Tiffany Rothe Workouts on YouTube (mainly for ladies) and I love it! Then she messaged me and told me that in her FB page, she posted a playlist of workouts I can do daily. Different things to do everyday for cardio, and some strength training for different parts of the body. Here are the links if you wanna check it out. :-)

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TiffanyRotheWorkouts/videos
    Suggested Daily Workout guide: https://www.facebook.com/notes/tiffany-rothe/tiffany-rothe-workouts-recommended-schedule-for-online-routines/211393848899773
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    Me!
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I signed up to a gym a few years ago but found that I wasted my membership because after the first month or so I just couldnt find time or motivation to go to the gym. The gym I went to was always so busy and I would always have to wait to get onto a machine. So now I just workout at home (treadmill, workout DVDS, free weights, wii) and do what I want when I want! I love the flexibility of being able to workout for as little or as long as I like all for free!! :-)
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    We have a free 24 hour gym within walking distance of our apartment (literally across the street) but! I also workout by taking my puppy for a walk, 30 day shred dvd, and wii fit and zumba games :)
  • nixon76k
    Options
    I've found that working out at home is better for me. I am doing the new Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred and love it!
  • bcraig26
    bcraig26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home dad of three kids. On nice days, after I take our oldest to Kindergarten I run with the kids in a double jogger. I use Men's Health workouts that involve medicine balls. I use Netflix streaming yoga and kickboxing. A also just do body weight exercises, pushups, jumping jacks, etc.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can't afford a gym also by the time I drive to the gym, I could have been half done my workout!!!

I have a treadmill, stationary bike, pully weight system, free weights, yoga mat, rebounder, chin up bar, tv/videos in my basement and I do my thing right there. That way it is available to me anytime I want to use it!!