Anyone NOT belong to a gym?

Options

Replies

• luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    No gym here - we have a treadmill, an eliptical and some free weights.

I have 5 kiddies, so time is limited!! I didn't want to waste time/money on a gym if I wasn't ever gonna go!

I walk alot on the treadmill. I do Leslie Sansone videos, and Jillian's once in a while. The kids have Just Dance, so once in a blue moon, I jump into with them!!
  • Klynn63
    Klynn63 Posts: 66
    Options
    I work out at home with a variety of workout DVDs.
  • sinceridades
    Options
    My family had a gym membership a couple a years a go, but a lot of things came up so we no longer go to the gym for exercise. I have some of the P90x videos, so I'm eventually going to start doing the Kempo and Shoulders and Arms.
  • sinceridades
    Options
    Apologies for the double post.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I go to the free gym at school, but when I'm home, we've got a treadmill, an extremely shady elliptical, and an exercise bike, as well as some free weights so there's really no need to pay for a gym membership.
  • tinytubbs
    Options
    i don't belong to a gym because the closest one is 50 miles away and the second closest is 80 miles
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit, Wii Zumba and my cross trainer.

If you want gym equipment at home, have you tried www.gumtree.com? I know several people who have bought equipment from there.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I automatically belong to a gym because it's included in tuition. Even though I like going, I prefer working out at home because then I don't have to deal with the drive, finding parking, and looking presentable lol. It just saves time to workout at home.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have "donated" money to several gyms over the years... I tend to talk myself out of going, feel guilty for wasting money and then eventually quit..
    I'm much happier running and biking and doing DVDs at home.. no guilt and no extra cost!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Chicken of the gym!! Plus, I save money, wear/tear on vehicle and time (time - my one friend proved that! By the time they got back home, my workout had LONG been done!)

I do the elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike, DVD's, resistance bands, hand weights, etc. I have one of those ball thingys but every time I use it, I get dizzy on it. Yuck!!
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    No gym here either... I have a treadmill, light 5lb hand weights and lots of open road!!!! Running or walking daily!

L
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I wanted a gym membership for my birthday, 12/1... I didn't get it
    I wanted a gym membership for Christmas... I didn't get it

I am thankful! I love hiking and I am doing xbox kinect Michael Jackson Experience! Its awesome and boy does it work my lower half:) toning. I can feel it.
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options
    I never went to a gym and probably never will, I love Zumba, and have a Stationary bike, I'm trying the 30 day shred at the moment, and also have other workout dvd's. I want to try Hip Hop abs later but the music is kinda boring lol.

I workout much harder at home as I would at a gym, I can sweat and nobody see me. Also I can do it in my underwear lol!
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No money to!
    Besides the very valid argument that if I had to travel I would never do it, applies to me...
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Looks like there are a lot of us doing it at home!

I have to mix it up or I get bored. In the past 2.5 years I keep pulling from the following:

:heart: running (Cto5K and beyond) indoors on my treadmill and outdoors with lots of hills.
    :heart: walking, either alone or with my dog. On those days when I have no oomph but know I need to do "something"
    :heart: Jillian Michaels DVDs (she has a ton. My favorite include a cardio kickbox, Ripped in 30, and 6W6P and 30DS). At some point I'll probably put together a Jillian rotation.
    :heart: Pilates for Dummies (a decent intro DVD)
    :heart: Yoga Booty Ballet (cheesy, but a nice switch up)
    :brokenheart: Tracy Anderson DVDs (I loved them at first but convinced I hurt myself and haven't been willing to go back)
    :heart: zumba DVD's
    :heart: zumba classes in the community
    :heart: a borrowed copy of P90x

I also have an elliptical machine that is hard to use... an iron gym and an ab machine that were gifts and I haven't got around to using.

Nike Training club has a great ipod app that has routines I think are very do-able - for the home user. When / if I finally burn out on DVDs, I'll probably do some of those workouts for a while.

Good luck and have fun!!!!
  • missjessicann
    Options
    I love going to the gym, but now that I don't work at one, paying for it isn't in my budget :) I do have a treadmill so I can run indoors while it's icy outside. I've also been using Beachbody DVD's - Insanity, Hip Hop Abs, and Brazil Butt Lift. They're so good! I feel like I get just as hard of a workout as I would in a class or in a gym full of equipment. Good luck!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I train at home cos I have dogs so I like to take them on my walks rather than using the treadmill and I do Pilates, yoga and body rock workouts at home so I don't have to put my toddler in crèche

It's working for me and lots cheaper!
  • lonewolf620
    Options
    Nope I live at home with my folks and they own an elliptical machine. During the spring/summer I intend to bike and hike quite a bit. Eventually I will need to do weights so that would be about the only thing I'd be going to the gym for. . . other than that I'm on my own.
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well awesome! Thank you so much for the tips! I have a Wii but it's been so long since I've used it ... I think I'll check out the Zumba for that, and look into some DVD's. I feel silly, I don't even know what P90 is ... I've got some research to do. :laugh:
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    me! i never work out and i'm losing weight :)