What do you guys

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
eat for lunch? I have been having Lean Cuisine, and Healthy Choice meals for lunch because I don't want to cook just for me. I however, want to quit eating processed food and eat more clean and less expensive foods. Can you guys give me some examples of things that you eat for lunch? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I eat leftovers from dinner or I make a nice big salad with lettuce, spinach, peppers or cucumber or both, some avocado, chicken or tuna and use my Newman's Own Lighten Up Balsalmic Vinaigrette. Yummy!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I eat leftovers from dinner or I make a nice big salad with lettuce, spinach, peppers or cucumber or both, some avocado, chicken or tuna and use my Newman's Own Lighten Up Balsalmic Vinaigrette. Yummy!!

mmmmmm sounds great.
  • Mriv
    Mriv Posts: 30
    Options
    I find a tossed salad good. Also a lettuce/tomato/(ham or turkey) with light mayo or mustard on a hard roll to be quite filling and worth the calories. I try to use lunch as my veggie/fruit time of day.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    turkey sandwich with lots of veggies and some type of fruit (apple, orange, etc) and nonfat milk.

Costco individual packaged edemame, peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, etc

Remember too that it's better to have a bigger lunch and a small dinner than the other way around. American's have it twisted that way. haha
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I bring my lunch with me to work. Lately, I've been getting Flat Out brand wraps, and adding veggies and lunch meat to make a tasty wrap/sandwich (about 150-180 calories, depending on what I put on it). Other options are spinach salad with a light italian dressing, or Triscuit crackers with Laughing Cow cheese, yogurt, fruit, string cheese, dried fruit/trail mix, sugar free pudding cups, sugar free jello, rice cakes, carrot & celery sticks, etc. Usually I combine things to get myself around 450-500 calories, and try to balance things so I'm not overloaded on carbs, mix fruits and veggies, etc. Hope this helps.
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I eat a lot of soups and salads. I take fresh fruit, veggies, and string cheese for snacks.

Also, sugar free jello works. You can make it yourself for cheaper than the snack packs.

I cook on Sundays, freeze it and then just pull it out for lunch or dinner.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My sweet hubby grills 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts for me on Sundays.
    Then each morning I just cut one up & add celery sticks & peppers, maybe string cheese or a slice of cheddar. It only takes a minute to throw it all together, & then I know I have a healthy lunch if I'm tempted by others ordering out at work.
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    I eat the Sara Lee light delite bread with my own homemade chicken salad or the chicken slices 98% fat free, pickle, Cape Cod all natural reduced fat chips. Sometimes I add a boiled egg(whites only), celery, carrot. I also use the Hellman's light mayo. When I need a change I take salad and fresh fruit. I also use meats from dinner. We eat a lot of fish and chicken at my house! :happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Old Faithful--

Peanut butter and jelly--

Addicted to it since I was a little kid--
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Dinner leftovers, tossed salad, I make lots of soups and freeze them, grilled cheese, fruit salad, apple slices with peanut butter, yogurt and fruit, cucumbers with cheese, veggies with hummus - there's tons of stuff that doesn't need much cooking and costs less than prepackaged meals.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this helps out a lot. I would like to hear some more.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    bump, I want to hear some more.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Okay, here's more:

Turkey sandwich -
    - 1 Arnold's sandwich thin (or the light wheat bread or a Flat Out wrap)
    - 1 serving of Oscar Mayer smoked deli turkey (45 calories but LOTS of sodium!)
    - 1-2 big lettuce leaves (mmm, crunchy & green!)
    - 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
    - 1 tsp Kraft reduced fat olive oil mayo
    Note that I used to add a serving of pepper jack cheese, but I wanted to lay off on the sodium!

Baby Carrots (~ a dozen)
    Celery (I split a bunch into 5 baggies)
    Hummus (1 serving)

Then that's all I can eat until snack time (so sometimes I will eat the snack at lunch instead of the carrots, celery, & hummus and have those as a snack) - it's under 400 calories.

Snack time includes

6 oz. Fage Total 0% (thanks to Dave for singing its praises--I am now a HUGE fan!)
    1 Tbsp honey (mixed into the Fage)

Sliced strawberries (sliced on the weekend) or cut up apples with skin (I have one of those apple sectioning thingies)

Crackers (either brown rice or all-bran)

String cheese

Green & Black 70% Cacao chocolate

LOTS OF WATER!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I usually can't eat all of that in a day at work, so I'm generally toting things back and forth. Like the string cheese & the crackers & the chocolate (well, some of it, anyway). And sometimes I get some popcorn from the popcorn shop for a snack.

I hope this gives you more ideas! :flowerforyou:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I take 3 slices of either deli roast beef or oven roasted turkey breast, lay it out on a plate, chunk up one pepper jack cheese stick between all three, put some canned roasted red peppers on each, roll them up and microwave them, then I dip them in light ranch dressing. I also add some type of veggie like celery or grape tomatoes. Very good and very filling. If I have to run errands at lunch, I put all of that in a whole wheat, low carb, low fat tortilla so I can munch on it in the car.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Okay, here's more:

Turkey sandwich -
    - 1 Arnold's sandwich thin (or the light wheat bread or a Flat Out wrap)
    - 1 serving of Oscar Mayer smoked deli turkey (45 calories but LOTS of sodium!)
    - 1-2 big lettuce leaves (mmm, crunchy & green!)
    - 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
    - 1 tsp Kraft reduced fat olive oil mayo
    Note that I used to add a serving of pepper jack cheese, but I wanted to lay off on the sodium!

Baby Carrots (~ a dozen)
    Celery (I split a bunch into 5 baggies)
    Hummus (1 serving)

Then that's all I can eat until snack time (so sometimes I will eat the snack at lunch instead of the carrots, celery, & hummus and have those as a snack) - it's under 400 calories.

Snack time includes

6 oz. Fage Total 0% (thanks to Dave for singing its praises--I am now a HUGE fan!)
    1 Tbsp honey (mixed into the Fage)

Sliced strawberries (sliced on the weekend) or cut up apples with skin (I have one of those apple sectioning thingies)

Crackers (either brown rice or all-bran)

String cheese

Green & Black 70% Cacao chocolate

LOTS OF WATER!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I usually can't eat all of that in a day at work, so I'm generally toting things back and forth. Like the string cheese & the crackers & the chocolate (well, some of it, anyway). And sometimes I get some popcorn from the popcorn shop for a snack.

I hope this gives you more ideas! :flowerforyou:

thank you, those are some very good ideas. I get bored very easy so I am trying to mix things up some. I am getting tired of lean cuisine and healthy choice plus process foods aren't that healthy anyways.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I take 3 slices of either deli roast beef or oven roasted turkey breast, lay it out on a plate, chunk up one pepper jack cheese stick between all three, put some canned roasted red peppers on each, roll them up and microwave them, then I dip them in light ranch dressing. I also add some type of veggie like celery or grape tomatoes. Very good and very filling. If I have to run errands at lunch, I put all of that in a whole wheat, low carb, low fat tortilla so I can munch on it in the car.

MMM, that sounds good, I will have to try that.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    whole wheat pita bread with cottage cheese, tomato, avocado
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    whole wheat pita bread with cottage cheese, tomato, avocado

sounds good except for the cottage cheese, I hate cottage cheese, always have, LOL
  • miasuperstar
    miasuperstar Posts: 112
    Options
    3/4 fat free plain yogurt with fresh berries ~100 cals
    2 fiber/rye crisp crackers ~70 can add laughing cow cheese 35 cals each
    Apple ~ 70 cals
    A sandwich/leftovers/bean salad/tuna~ 250-350 cals
    I eat about 3 times throughout the day at work
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I always eat a raw veggie such as cucumbers or green peppers or broccoli with some fat free ranch dressing. I eat some sort of protein such as chicken breast or tuna and I eat a light yogurt. I eat the same things for lunch every day. For snacks I eat Fiber one bars, apples, yogurt, air popped popcorn, laughing cow wedges with wasa crackers. Cindy :heart: