How many times a day

2»

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    I swim 5 days a week, about 3000 meters which usually takes me about an hour and a half. I swim US Masters workouts. Two weeks ago I started Power 90. I alternate cardio and strength training, but I do the abdominal workout everyday. So, Power 90 six days a week with Sunday off from everything for rest. I have lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks just by adding Power 90!!!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    1.5-2 hrs six days a week, broken up in 2-3 sessions.
    An hour the seventh day.

Pam
  • inufan4evar
    inufan4evar Posts: 73 Member
    Wow that's really great! 20 pounds in 3 months!? That is awesome! :D I want to lose at least 42 more pounds by june and i'm just hoping i can make it :D
  • inufan4evar
    Wow that's really great! 20 pounds in 3 months!? That is awesome! :D I want to lose at least 42 more pounds by june and i'm just hoping i can make it :D
  • inufan4evar
  • inufan4evar
  • inufan4evar
  • inufan4evar
  • inufan4evar
  • inufan4evar
  • inufan4evar
  • Hello
    I agree that it is good to gradual increase your exercise and also to build a schedule that is doable for YOU!
    Guidelines from the Dietary Guidelines for Americans state that 30 mins of activity of most days of the week is recommended (this is for heart health), 60 mins a day may be needed to prevent wt gain, and 60-90 mins a day may be required for sustaining wt loss.
    Good luck!
  • Started with just walking M-F, then added the gym 45 min M-F, then upped that to twice a day M-F, then upped that to 1hour cardio twice a day with 3 days a week added strength training...

I've lost 191lbs in about 2 years and have 37 more to go.

I'm actually changing everything up again now that I'm so close to my goal. My new physical goal is to run a 1/2 marathon June 23rd(and be at my goal weight by then). So I have a new training plan that is 6 days a week with various cardio times and activites (ranging from 30 min to 1 hour - mixing running, walking with incline and elliptical) and strength training (legs T&TH, upper body M & W, abs on Fri). I will actually be working out less cardio and more strength with doing a "long" run on Sat. added in the mix Sun is my rest day every week.

Set a reasonable plan and build as you get stronger. I did try 3 times a day for a while (1 hour cardio am, 1 hour cardio pm, 1/2 Jillian DVD evening) but that was too much and by the end of the week I could hardly keep it up. So I added in strength with training instead and curbed the cardio on those days.
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    I do 45 mins of cardio s-th, then an hour on fri. Take saturday off.
    Weight training 5 days rotating muscle groups.

But I am trying to do a triathlon in August, so I am in the hard workout phase for that.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    For me, I like to get all my exercise complete in one session, then shower and be done with it. :smile: I typically do 5 days a week for 1.25hrs that includes weights and cardio. Most of the time I get started at 5:45am before work, but on weekends I exercise at different times.
  • I am over 260 pds. I work out for an hour (power walking 4.0-5.0 mph) 6 days a wk. When I began, I was working out 30 minutes 4x's a wk. It has become a must for me because of the health benefits and it helps keep my sleep pattern regulated.
  • I am over 260 pds. I work out for an hour (power walking 4.0-5.0 mph) 6 days a wk. When I began, I was working out 30 minutes 4x's a wk. It has become a must for me because of the health benefits and it helps keep my sleep pattern regulated.