No Binge January!

Options

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    I almost posted on this thread, yesterday, that I was successful, again. But, then... thought. Wait until tomorrow because that is only fair.

Now, I'm glad that I waitied...

After I totaled out my log... late night just before bed. I binged! Argghh! Why? I think it is because I didn't like my dinner, so didn't eat as much as planned & didn't find something else to eat... kept procrastinating on that. Then, started mindless snacking just before I went to sleep while I was on the computer. I wasn't horrible, but still added on 280 more calories. It was 2 kinds of potato chips.

Couldn't even make it 2 days!

So, I am trying, again! New start, right! Not giving up yet!
    Linda
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I almost posted on this thread, yesterday, that I was successful, again. But, then... thought. Wait until tomorrow because that is only fair.

Now, I'm glad that I waitied...

After I totaled out my log... late night just before bed. I binged! Argghh! Why? I think it is because I didn't like my dinner, so didn't eat as much as planned & didn't find something else to eat... kept procrastinating on that. Then, started mindless snacking just before I went to sleep while I was on the computer. I wasn't horrible, but still added on 280 more calories. It was 2 kinds of potato chips.

Couldn't even make it 2 days!

So, I am trying, again! New start, right! Not giving up yet!
    Linda

Hey Linda,

That's not even a binge! What a good logger you were! Girl, 280 ain't nothin'. That is perfectly within control. good job.
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I'm in! :happy: Gotta stop eating too much! I had TWO bad days last week (my weeks are Monday-Sunday).

I actually created a spreadsheet on Excel to calculate everything.. :wink:
  • dsmales
    Options
    i need to start now too, i am finding it really hard to stop eating its so hard !
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I stop binge for at least 2 months now by allow myself to have up 2 meals a week.
    So if you eat something off you diet list, you feel no guilt.
    I used to feel guilty because 1) I screw up the diet by just ate 1 chocolate cookie, so I ended up ate the whole bag.
    2) Stress-Use food to release my angy and stress. Now release them by exercise, meditation, and yell real loud, write down to my journal, prefer to skip a meal than eat in anger.
    This week goal: 5 more days go down to 181.6 (3 mores lb).
  • slynnmiller
    Options
    I binge as well. I definitely want in. A month is a long time for me but I am determined!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    if i absolutely am craving something i cant take anymore of saying no to then i plan on having it and incorporate it in to my daily plan.. better yet sometimes i make myself do an extra half hour on the cardios so i can really have it guilt free .. i call them cheat meals and i allow myself that luxury if im in dire straights about it ..good luck and keep on moving forward!!!!
  • karabatak
    Options
    i LOVE the idea of this :) day by day! i haven't binged yet this month so that feels great :) i've figured out what a lot of my triggers are which helps, also if i don't have the food in my house in the first place and surround myself with healthy snacks that is so helpful. seems obvious but i know most of the food that i'm not able to practice moderation with so for right now it's easier for me to just not have them :) haha, anyway i'll definitely be back here!
  • karabatak
    Options
    I stop binge for at least 2 months now by allow myself to have up 2 meals a week.
    So if you eat something off you diet list, you feel no guilt.
    I used to feel guilty because 1) I screw up the diet by just ate 1 chocolate cookie, so I ended up ate the whole bag.
    2) Stress-Use food to release my angy and stress. Now release them by exercise, meditation, and yell real loud, write down to my journal, prefer to skip a meal than eat in anger.
    This week goal: 5 more days go down to 181.6 (3 mores lb).

wow, i was totally the same way - i'd convince myself, "oh well, i've already started, doesn't matter at this point" when in actuality it really, really does. i feel like i've had to totally transform my relationship with food, and this is reeeally a process! good luck with your goals this week :)
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    i"m in!
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    i"m in!
  • pelester3117
    Options
    count me in!!!!
  • santiagoup05
    santiagoup05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty too! I'll binge then feel horrible about it! I'm also going to make this no binge January!! Thanks for all the tips and advice:smile:
    3211416.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for starting this. I need all the help i can get. I'm OUT OF CONTROL lately.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm joining!!! :)
  • tialea91
    Options
    I'm sooo in on this!
    I binge eat when I'm bored, tired, or wheneverrr. (Unless I'm exercising!) hehe, maybe I should just exercise all day long? :P

SO heres to nooo binge eating January
  • LAMAYNARD
    Options
    I am totally in... I would love to keep from any type of binge in January and the months to come but I will take it one month at a time just like one pound at a time!! Thanks for the motivation!!!
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I binge as well. I definitely want in. A month is a long time for me but I am determined!

A month is a very long time for me as well! Because i binge like every weekend! :(
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i'm in also. I started yesterday. I am sort of doing my own elimination diet. Mainly from sweets, bad carbs (ie pastries, sugared coffee, etc), and diet soda. I also started back adding veggies to my diet. I might say, OH MY, my stomach hurts! :( I hope I can get used to it. I haven't worked out lately either, I find excuses after excuse to not go...its really hard when its so cold outside!
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to work on this! I want to get rid of this habit for good! It's so nice to know that I am not alone in this and that there are so many of you who are working towards the same thing.
    I have been working REALLY hard the past few days on being more of an intuitive eater...trying to really pay attention to if I am feeling hungry or just have the desire to eat.