Thigh Gap Desires

Options

Replies

• cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do not desire a gap, but I would like to walk really fast without my thighs catching on fire....just saying its not a comfty feeling!!!

My mortal enemy and killer of many pairs of jeans long before their time!

The chub rub!

Seriously- any time I see a prominent thigh gap in a photo or in a magazine i honestly just assume it's photoshopped. From the sounds of these replies, I guess unless you've got some big ole birthing hips, it's just never going to happen.

Personally, I have a goal set to be able to sit comfortable for a while with my legs crossed at the thigh instead of the calves. It's one of those things people don't really think about unless they can't do it. I'm getting there though!
  • cerrajean
    Options
    And I WISH those exercises would make my legs "longer" haha...

Actually, I'm totally fine with my body. It would just be nice to be tall sometimes... :)
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't care about having a gap as much as I would just not like for my thigh to not rub together so much.

I have seen a lot of people say they have lost inches in the thighs with 30DS.
  • nicolenemec
    Options
    I totally get the thigh gap dream and I refuse to believe that genes are responsible for everything. My genes didn't make me fat...eating did. My genes might have helped the process along and may make losing the fat more difficult but I believe I can do it despite any wayward thinking DNA. One thing you do need to know is that the muscle along your inner thigh is pretty small so it makes it very difficult to tone in that place. Find exercises that work your inner thighs as much as your outer thighs. All that crappy floor-work can make a difference. I won't give up on the dream of having a bikini worthy body and that does not include inner thighs that jiggle or cause your shorts to march northward! I'm rooting for you!
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't care about having a gap as much as I would just not like for my thigh to not rub together so much.

I have seen a lot of people say they have lost inches in the thighs with 30DS.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I do not desire a gap, but I would like to walk really fast without my thighs catching on fire....just saying its not a comfty feeling!!!

This cracked me up! I'm sure as you continue to lose weight you won't have to worry about your thighs being too close to flammable objects. LOL

Many with eating disorders have an obsession with thigh gaps, so I'm inclined to think it's an unhealthy goal to have. Not everyone is built that way. Try to focus on overall health and feeling good!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I was sure this was a late night cable movie.
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    Try having babies. Your pelvis splits and severs around your coxal bones, in your pubic symphysis, spacing your femurs further apart. That, with diet, exercise, and a positive mental attitude is an almost guaranteed success.
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    Try having babies. Your pelvis splits and severs around your coxal bones, in your pubic symphysis, spacing your femurs further apart. That, with diet, exercise, and a positive mental attitude is an almost guaranteed success.
  • cerrajean
    Options

AND if you do it as a surrogate you can have all the benefits above AND make $20,000!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

AND if you do it as a surrogate you can have all the benefits above AND make $20,000!

AND not have to worry about night feelings, poopy diapers, or colic!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Even though I have a heavy lower body due to genetics, I get a bit of a gap when I'm eating well and doing cardio.
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

You want a thigh gap more than anything? Now that doesn't sound right. Someone please enlighten me as to what this amazing thigh gap will bring them once they have it.

I really dont get why the attitude. Why does anyone need to enlighten you about anything? If you dont agree fine. Maybe its not a good goal for everyone, also fine.

But, you asked for it, so here is your enlightenment on why some of us would really love it.

Chaffing. Shorts. Skirts. (chaffing and appearance both an issue). Dresses. (chaffing and appearance both an issue). Sweaty thighs. Swimsuits. (Swimming, anything involving a swimsuit really). Nevermind some of the more personal reasons someone might like some more room between their thighs. And other people probably have some additional reasons.

The shortest leg covering I can wear are capri's or shorts that come nearly to my knees. I would be thrilled if there was a gap between my thighs. It doesnt have to be that my thighs dont touch at all, but just that they didnt constantly rub.

For some of us, its where we see the changes in our body that help motivate and encourage us. Some of us find this particular issue of being overweight very challenging. Its not unhealthy to be motivated by appearance in addition to wanting to be healthier overall.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    You don't need the thighs to have a gap between them for them not to rub and get sore, you just need to lose enough weight so they're not actually squashing up hard against each other.

Given the choice I'd like a gap because then I could wear loose shorts without them riding up between my thighs, but that's not going to happen even if I drop to an extremely low body fat. Fortunately it's a minor inconvience.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Chub rub... Hahaha!

That's hilarious!

Even if you don't have a visible thigh gap,
    once you're at a healthy weight your thighs won't rub.
    When I was skinny I had some sexy thighs with no gap. :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    When I was skinny I had some sexy thighs with no gap. :)
    How many is "some"? :bigsmile:
  • MonkeyLover1993XxX
    Options
    i want a thigh gap and a flat stomach so i understnad this
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options

You don't need the thighs to have a gap between them for them not to rub and get sore, you just need to lose enough weight so they're not actually squashing up hard against each other.

Given the choice I'd like a gap because then I could wear loose shorts without them riding up between my thighs, but that's not going to happen even if I drop to an extremely low body fat. Fortunately it's a minor inconvience.

Actually it gets worse with weight loss. When I had a BMI of around 26, they used to touch and be fine, but anything less than that (all the way down to BMI 18 and perhaps even lower when I was younger) they have touched but very lightly, meaning that EVERY leg stroke brushed against each other. At the heavier weight they would just stay together at all times 'cos they were too big to move apart.

Thankfully I have disgusting legs anyway so shorts and skirts are a no-no.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I would like a gap but I'll be happy when I can wear a skirt/dress and not have my thighs rub so much, though they are so much better now I'm halfwqy to goal. My thighs are quite big so a gap for me may be unnattainable :( even just a small one.

Just concentrate on your general fitness and if it happens that's a bonus for you! :-)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options