A new me in almost a year of MFP (with pics)

Options

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Big Time KUDOS to you for all of your WINNING...both with weight loss and with dumping the abuser. Both are extremely difficult and you WON on both fronts :)
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Simply Amazing
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are a strong, amazing woman. Congrats on your success! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    You look great, fit, and confident. Healthy inside and out is so important. Glad you are turning to God, taking care of you, and setting a great and positive example for your kids. Thanks for sharing I'm sure some people needed to hear that too!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I stood faithfully by my soon to be ex for 18 months, but I had enough of my ex's abuse. He was emotionally and verbally abusive. I was never good enough. I spent too much money on myself/my babies but didn't send him enough money. I wasn't pretty/skinny enough. I also found out that he cheated on me while we were together. I walked on eggshells around him because I never knew what was going to send him over the edge next. I started my weight loss journey in Sept 2010, and after losing 40 lbs I told my ex to hit the road. I asked for a divorce in June 2011. He tried everything possible to get me back, but nothing worked. I had enough, and he wasn't going to change for anyone. I have realized throughout this whole process that I can only change myself and NOT someone else. He is who he is, but it doesn't mean I have to put up with it.

Not only do you look FANTASTIC (congratulations on so much hard work!!) but you have done the best thing for yourself AND your kids by standing strong and having the confidence to leave this relationship behind.

I can say this from experience -- I grew up with a dad that sounds a little bit like your ex (minus the jail time), and he and my mom are still married. I love him because he's my dad, but it took me YEARS of therapy to have healthy relationships myself, and to feel good about myself because I grew up in a house with that kind of tension every day.

One day your kids will understand that you made the best decision for them in the long run, not to mention for YOURSELF. That's real strength, girl.

<<HUGS>>
  • BreakThruComing
    Options
    Congrats to you on your successes!!! You are truly an amazing woman! Your healthy look and outlook on life are only the beginning of whats to come!!! Sit back and enjoy the blessings that are in store for you and your kids! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You should be super proud of yourself!
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thx for sharing not only your weight loss story with us, but your personal story as well....kudos to you! :flowerforyou:
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Beth, you look amazing!!! What an inspirational story! For you to have found the strength through it all is awesome!

Keep on striving for the person that you want to be and hold on to that strength
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Beth your awesome and have been an awesome freind of mine on MFP since the beginning of my journey! Love the new attitude!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You are truly inspirational! Congratulations on your success. You deserve the spotlight! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good for you ! You look great and are setting a great example for your children. Be proud of yourself ! You deserve happiness :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and awesome transformation...
  • mrswhitenight
    Options
    that is AWESOME! keep it up!!!
  • WishUponAStarx
    WishUponAStarx Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is so motivating! Well done - You look great!!! :-) x
  • kaymac1908
    kaymac1908 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story. I applaud you for putting yourself higher on the list of priorities. I hope someone else reads this and makes the same decision. Thank you for sharing!
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you are stunning! Great job.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    So inspirational. Congrats on your weight loss and doing everything you can for your children. You have a lot to be proud of! :flowerforyou:
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That is an inspiring story. You look fantastic! Congrats on everything.
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    You look brilliant! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!