5' 8" Whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• sazvampire
    Options
    I am currently 304 and am aiming for 168 as I have always been large and have never known what it is like to be normal weight so will get down to there and see.
  • skb32881
    skb32881 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" ish and I was shooting for 160 but now that I'm 185 I think I'm going to go more for 150. Ultimately I'm more concerned with body composition than weight though so any weight that isn't flabby is good with me :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am just shy of 5'8" and started at 175 with a goal weight of 145. I am pear shaped and currently 148 and a size 6/8. Anything 140 and below makes me look too skinny.
  • emoritz2
    Options
    I'm just under 5' 8" and my ideal weight is 125-130. I'm currently at 135. I'm pretty slimly (and boyishly) built so over 140 and I have a pronounced "spare tire".
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    im 5' 7" and tipped the scales at 300 at one time in my life.. been up and down since those days except the last two years i finally figured it out.. after losing 90 and then gaining up to 270 i wound up losing 80lbs in the last two years.. id like to get down to 16-170 .. once i hit 170 ill see where im at to make any further decisions.. i lift weights alot so i have no clue what my stats are going to be like when i reach 170
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 137. I started on MFP at about 155. My lowest weight has been 135. I thought my ideal/goal weight would be 130, but my body is telling me otherwise. I really think I'm at my ideal weight right now and I'm working on maintaining and building more muscle and lowering my BF%. Best of luck. I truly think that your ideal weight is what you and your body feel comfortable with.
  • mejenniferd
    mejenniferd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My initial goal is 165. After I get there I will decide if I want to try to go lower.

11 years ago I averaged 155 or so, and I was pretty thin. I, at one point, weighed 145 - that was really thin for me. I have broad shoulders and hips, and even at 150 wore a size 12 pants.
  • lorals05
    Options
    I am just over 5'8" and cw is 165. I would like to hit and maintain 150. Ideally I'd like to maintain 145, however I don't have a particularly small frame. I have a fairly muscular build and it is difficult for me to maintain that weight.
  • thedodgeruk
    thedodgeruk Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    male 5' 9". now im about 170 , My goal is 154 i think
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and 41 years old. Age definitely plays a role in my weight. I won't ever be my weight at age 21 yrs old again.

I started this weight loss journey 3.5 weeks ago at 200lbs. I have lost 7lbs in this past 3.5 weeks. Darn Christmas!

My goal weight is 150lbs. I would be so happy and slender at that weight. Plus I could maintain that weight which is the ultimate goal.
  • obrienalana
    obrienalana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! Youve definately given me a clearer view of what my goal should be..
    and thats to take it one step at a time.. ill aim for 160, then 150.. then 140...
    Im all about feeling strong and healthy, not about being rake thin and weak, so i think ill keep goin with what im doing,
    which is work out (cardio and light weights and running) and trying to eat less and more healthy!

Good luck to everyone ;)
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and I put my goal weight as 130lbs. Before I got heavy I weighed 145lbs and I remember thinking I should lose at least 10lbs. But after seeing other peoples posts I am wondering...is that too low?
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    i'm a closer to 5'9" and just hit my goal weight of 150 TODAY!!!

but now i'm thinking i would like to get to about 140 or 145.

I'm a size 8, but my pants are a little tight, so it would be nice to be comfortable in a size 8!
  • caitlinmaryjean
    caitlinmaryjean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 160lbs. my goal is 150! i just gotta stop drinking starbucks 2 times a day.... lol
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8" and I started at 196lbs and I am currently at 163lbs. My first goal was 165lbs but now I want to get down to 156lbs. That would be a 40lb loss and I think I would be the most comfortable at 156lbs. We will see when I get there!! :wink:
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", started at 178. my first goal was 155, and I recently hit that and decided to keep going. i think the mini-goals helped me. my goal is between 135-140, but I'll stop once I get to the BF% that's im comfortable with. just have to maintain the diet for that!
  • lialuck13
    Options
    I'm about 5'8" 1/2... haha. My goal is 135 :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 160 only because that gets me right inside the normal BMI range. My lowest adult weight that I remember was 180 when I was in my mid-20s, and I liked the way I looked and felt great at that weight, although my face looked too thin in pictures. I wasn't exercising then like I am now, so I should probably get a BF% done when I get closer to goal. I guess that makes a difference, too? According to the CDC's BMI calculator, 122-164 is a normal range for 5'8". I would look sick at 122, and not in a good way! :smile:
  • garn1232
    Options
    5'8" and 250 right now. My goal is 190.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!