Come ON people ...

Options
I can't tell you how many times I've seen "WTG", "Great job", "Good day", etc., in response to someone completing their diary for the day and it's CLEAR that those individuals didn't actually LOOK at the person's diary. Case on point: A friend closed her diary after logging only a banana for the day just to see what would happen and, sure enough, people posted "WTG", "Great job", "Good day!" ... for a banana ... a BANANA ... seriously people?!?!

If a person's diary is not public, it's obvious you can only provide a generic response if you see "under calorie goal" ... and, truth be told, I usually don't respond to a diary post UNLESS the diary is public simply because my "Great job" means virtually nothing in this instance ... but if a person has made their diary public in order to get feedback from others, take a look at it! Make your response count!!

Okay, rant over. lol

Muah to all my MFP friends, you guys ROCK!!!

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!! I always look at a diary before I post.
  • megaron01
    megaron01 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Is your diary public automatically or is it a setting?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    LOL, this is funny.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I don't look at too many food diaries these days unless the people have lost a pretty good amount . I do make an effort to comment on exercise!

BTW - nice Generic - Chopped Onion today, Mac!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

You have to set it to "public" under settings ... it is automatically private. :smile:
  • pyknicpie
    Options
    I agree and try (but am not always successful) to write something more lengthy and meaningful.

I do love to see the 'quickies' but there's no doubt that those that check your diary and include some relevant observation from it or expand on their response in some other way generally get my attention and subsequent praise back.
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    I do not do blind nor obligitory replies. If I can't see your diary I will simply keep it moving. I always look and try to provide words of encouragement or feedback of some nature.

You and I have discussed this before. Thanks for putting it out there!
  • dsjohndrow
    Options

Setting (up Top) >> Diary settings (Menu) >> Diary Setting (Bottom) >> Public or Friends Only
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    Great Job!
    I agree. I see this happen on some of my friends diaries... or though they stayed under the calorie, they only ate 4 pieces of pizza and chips all day. I even post asking if people think my diary looks good and I don't usually get responses on that..
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I don't look at too many food diaries these days unless the people have lost a pretty good amount . I do make an effort to comment on exercise!

BTW - nice Generic - Chopped Onion today, Mac!

Thanks! lol

P.S. You have waaaay too many friends to look at all of their diaries Mr. Popular! ;-P
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I end up using a lot of generic answers, but that is because I have over 60 friends and I try to respond to them all and I don't want them all to get the same response, even though I check everyone's diary though every day.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I never comment on anyones food diary. What they eat is their business whether their diary is public or private. With out knowing their background, medical history or any specifics and the fact that I'm not a doctor/nutritionist/dietician I feel I'm not qualified to make a comment.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Well, on the other hand, if the person NEVER logs their food then I think a day's completed diary deserves a "WTG" or "Good job!", amirite?!
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have a few MFP That I look at their diaries more, some are generic posting trying to reach out to build a connection. Once we do then I will view the diary and give feedback based on what they eat...even asking for recipes and product links..
  • dsjohndrow
    Options
    P.S. You have waaaay too many friends to look at all of their diaries Mr. Popular! ;-P

Well, you are one of the more active ones. Besides, people in California are friendly, I love California! Thanks for your support!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! I've even noted on one of MY bad days that this is NOT a way to go day - and STILL had way to gos put there.

WTF?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I comment because I want to encourage people to log their food, closed diary or not.
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    It's one of the big reasons I haven't "collected a bunch of friends". I want people to push me, not just pat me on the back when I don't deserve it.