Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    People always say Mary... but it's Mari... like M-AH r E
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Vita... (Veeta) many pronounce it like VITA with the "i" sound instead of the "e" sound LOL And they spell it funky too:tongue:
  • Anselee
    Anselee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    People misprounce mine all of the time..... It's Anselee sort of like Ansel Adams the photographer. But I've gotten used to all the mess ups that I just answer to anything that sounds similar lol. (Thank you parents for that one)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My name is Casey, and people are constantly calling me Cassie.

Even worse, very few people seem to be able to spell my name. Invariably, when I go to Starbucks, the name on my cup will be spelled "Kacie" or "Kacey" or even "Kayci." I mean, really?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    My mom named me in spanish so although in english it's pronounced one way, I love it more in spanish and correct folks when they say it in english.

Spanish, exotic version is definately more me.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashley but spelled Ashlea, so people constantly mess up pronouncing it. I can't count how many times I've been called Alisha in my life. or ashle-a.
  • ladykiss103
    Options
    Being that my name is Bakeisha -- dear god I've been called BECKY! more times then i can count!! how in the hell do they always get that? (Baaaaaa as in sheep) keisha.
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    my last name is ALWAYS mispronounced and my first name is ALWAYS misspelled :/
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    my middle name is lea pronounced lee. people always say lee-a.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Mine is Mallory... pretty simple...
    I get Valerie, Mary, Melly and TWICE I've gotten MALARIA? For real?
  • carolinehearn
    Options
    It's my surname people mis-pronounce. It's Nairn, exactly like it looks: take away the two N's at the end and you've got AIR. Now add the N's back in, simple really. But the number of times I've had people say 'Mrs Narin' or Mrs Narn. Now when cold callers call the house of an evening and say, 'Is that Mrs Narn?' I just say No.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't mind that people mispronounce my name. You don't always get pronunciation correct from reading it. But when I introduce myself verbally as Tanya and the person says Tonya right after that really grinds my gears.
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm Tana (like "Anna," but with a "t")... It's mispronounced so often, that I pretty much answer to anything that starts with a "t."
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes!! My last name is Schumaker (shoe-maker-er). And people always pronounce it like it is spelled Schumacher.

Plus my boyfriend and future husband's last name is Zgorzynski. Amazingly it is pronounced the way it looks. "Zgor-zyn-ski" but people always add extra sounds somewhere. haha!
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    My name is Alyssa - pretty simple right?
    I've gotten the following - Alicia, Alisha, Alisa, Eliza, etc. :/
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    oohh yes!!! My name is Dahiana (Diana) People call me daheana and all kinds of different names..lol
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My name is JEANETTE people constantly call me JANET sometimes even Jenelle
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my middle name is lea pronounced lee. people always say lee-a.

I feel your pain. My name is Leigh which is also pronounced "lee". People usually pronounce it either "lee-a" or "lay". It is extremely frustrating. On the flip side, if I tell people my name and they write it down, they will always spell it Lee. You would be amazed at how many people send me emails... Hi Lee, blah, blah, blah... even though they've alreay typed my name as Leigh in the email address.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    mine is "Aime".... pronounced just like Amy. People don't mispronounce it that often, but they misspell it CONSTANTLY (aimee, amie, amy, amee). i also had one teacher in college call me "Ah-EE-May" the first day of class. He thought it was funny so he called me that all year.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    Both of mine are always miss-spelt and mispronounced, Tamsin (amount of times I've been called Tazmin or even Jasmine is unbelievable, I think if my name were Jasmine I'd know and not say Tamsin) worst thing is when people do get it right, it's not right, since it's pronounced Tam-sun. As for my surname a) no-one can ever say it Luetchford, b) its pronounced without a U, c) everyone spells it without a U if they know how to say it and ever better d) at my old job my name tag read Lechfield, since apparently despite me writing it in block capitals for them and telling them more then once my name tag was wrong my surname was "better off" as something people can read. I mean seriously?