Foods you are powerless over?

Options

Replies

• ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    none of them most of the time....ALL of them some of the times....depends on my state of mind....really it is a shame that when in a certain frame of mind I will consume tons of stuff I DONT even like just to satisfy my mouth going up and down....
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Margaritas. . . .does that count? If not then chips and salsa!

lol my thoughts exactly. Mmmm margaritas.
  • mnec2010
    mnec2010 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    cookies, cheesecake, basically all sweets.
  • jrojeck
    jrojeck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Indian food. It can't be helped. =P
  • FindingTotalHealth
    Options
    Velvetta shells and cheese. I can eat the entire box in one sitting. Love that stuff.
  • jmsic
    jmsic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I
  • MsPinVa
    MsPinVa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to not be the only one! PB has become my 'binge' food since all other weakness (breads/crackers) are gone from the house. I can't beat myself up too much, it is the healthiest version aside from the all natural smuckers version :)
  • smallaffair
    Options
    Pizza for me too, along with my aunt's homemade baked macaroni and cheese, ugh. Also taquitos and ice cream. It's best to just not have them in the house ever, lol.
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Chocolate anything.... candy bar, brownies, cake. Actually any kind of cake or cupcake would be in danger if it was within reach. But I don't know... all this talk about pizza has me hungry! :frown:
  • escher83
    Options
    French fries and cocktails!
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Andy's cheddar fries, and Andy's hot fries. While they're better for you then the fried chips, they are by no means healthy for you. Also fried chicken strips, they are oh so yummy, though a good/bad thing is that my favorite restaurant for them recently closed, so yays for my calorie count, boo for never getting them again lol.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Pizza and ice cream are two foods I can't say no to. which is why I avoid them @ all cost! Once in sight it's too late!
  • Hoothill
    Options
    Really, anything SWEET!! I love to bake, but realize that I shouldn't do that anymore because I always treat myself to too many treats!!! I lack self control once I have one yummy!!!
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can eat to get my sweet tooth satisfied and not tip the scale??
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    Really, anything SWEET!! I love to bake, but realize that I shouldn't do that anymore because I always treat myself to too many treats!!! I lack self control once I have one yummy!!!
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can eat to get my sweet tooth satisfied and not tip the scale??

Fat free, sugar free pudding isn't so bad!
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter - I'm currently banning it from my house (temporarily) until I can learn to control myself. The last jar I bought was consumed all by me in 1-2 days.

In all seriousness, though - I truly believe that we are never powerless unless we give up our power. I WILL learn to control myself and eat reasonably, even around my trigger foods... (PB included!) it's just going to take a bit of time, the changing of habits, and hard work to get there! :drinker:

They have the individual serving packs now for lunchboxes (it's by Jiff, I think). As long as you only eat one small container and not all six, you should be good.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    -Rice Krispie Treats
    -Brownies
    -Cheese & crackers
    -Fruit Gushers ( I crave these like crazy)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter - I'm currently banning it from my house (temporarily) until I can learn to control myself. The last jar I bought was consumed all by me in 1-2 days.

In all seriousness, though - I truly believe that we are never powerless unless we give up our power. I WILL learn to control myself and eat reasonably, even around my trigger foods... (PB included!) it's just going to take a bit of time, the changing of habits, and hard work to get there! :drinker:

They have the individual serving packs now for lunchboxes (it's by Jiff, I think). As long as you only eat one small container and not all six, you should be good.

I've seen those, but when you compare how much PB you get for the price of the individual packs to the price for a jar, I just can't justify buying the individual packs. Plus, I wouldn't trust myself not to eat all the individual packs in one sitting. :laugh: I'm okay with backing off the PB for awhile until I've re-established healthier eating habits. Once I'm back on track with eating appropriate sized meals and snacks and portion control in general, then I can integrate it back into my diet.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    chocolate chip cookies
    galvodka- now i am soo in the mood for gushers!
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    GOOD tamales!
  • EDCoffman
    EDCoffman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have just one thing. As my husband would say, I just "enjoy" food. I love get togethers. I love recipes. I love to bake. But when I get my mind set I do pretty good about measuring everything out even though my kids laugh when I get out the scales to measure out my ounce of chips. My biggest problem is if I have snacky foods in the house: chips, candy, anything easy to just pick up and snack on. With four kids in the house I have to keep some here, but we have done away with Little Debbies and the like. In that area Ding Dongs would be my killer. I can eat an entire box. Or The blue package of Chips ahoy cookies and a tall glass of milk. Solution: Don't buy it. :bigsmile: If anyone looks on my food diary they will notice I have friendship bread in the house at the moment. A friend brought this to me for my son. Well I keep telling him to eat it before it's gone because slice by slice it is disappearing and showing up on my food diary. Ha! Thanks friend!!!
    I must say Pizza is not a big problem for me. My family buys alot of the $5 pizza's from Little Ceasars and I can live without it (find something else to eat) So sick of pizza. Now My husband did take me to Larry's Pizza. That could be a problem if I went there very often so many to choose from and wanting to eat enough to make it worth the money spent. Ha!