Maybe it's mean of me...

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I don't delete anybody. I just hope that they pay attention and learn how to eat. I hope that when they see someone looking healthy at 2000 calories, they'll give it a shot themselves. I know it's a lot to hope for, but you never know.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these people are so poor they can't afford food. Yeah, I know they're on the internet but some people love material things more than food. Pretty sad.
  • FitnessDoll87
    FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    =D
  • FitnessDoll87
    FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hippopotamuses Unite!

I like to think of myself as more of a baby cow! But I'm with you either way!

And yes...I totally know what you mean...I was reading some fashion magazine where they had some nutritionists log their daily meals....and some yoga loving, tree hugging, hippie said that she believed that she received from her energy from the sun....so she literally did not eat ANY solid food until the sun went down...she would just drink tea and such....

Are you freaking kidding me! Your lunch was SUNSHINE with a side of BREEZE!?

No offense to yoga loving, tree hugging hippies though....I just started yoga for balance training and I love nature too....

=D
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I kid you not, my husband made me watch all 10 Star Trek movies before he would marry me.

Mine was all 6 Star Wars movies! If I had to watch all 10 Star Treks I think I would have kept postponing the wedding, lol.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've deleted people for unhealthy practices.....mostly because those are the complainers but I refuse to cheer on people who don't take care of themselves. Same goes for those that eat big macs and fast food crap everyday.....GOODBYE!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's mean but maybe becaus I do it, too. I have very good reason. I've been there before and kicking my *kitten* to not go back to that dark place. Surrounding myself with people with those bad habits make me want to do it, call it a trigger if you may, so... That's my reason.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

Are you freaking kidding me! Your lunch was SUNSHINE with a side of BREEZE!?

Ha ha ha, this made my day
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    I never add any random people as friends. If I don't know you, tough ****.

I'm on Tumblr as well, so I also try and follow on healthy (or recovering ED) tumblrs as well.
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow!! No i totally agree... we are on here to be healthy not to track starving ourself... no one should go under 1200 cal...its not healthy.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    ... But if someone adds me randomly as a friend I always accept, but then if I see that they have a 600 cal daily goal which they are eating under by a few hundred everyday I delete them.

I guess I'm trying to surround myself with healthy positive people who I can relate too?
    I know that I may not know the whole story, but I can't see people cheering others on because they only ate 300 calories that day, it makes me sad and makes me think I'm a hippopotamus.

Am I alone here?
    No, those dolts will die fat....
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I flat out ask why so little calories. One gal was under 1,000 for literally weeks, and it turns out she was having issues with her DH and had no appetite. I definitely understand wanting to surround yourself with people looking to do this the healthy way.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    LOL - read this forum as I downed a handful of my addiction, white cheddar cheezits, that just put me over my goal for the day - oh darn ate like 1500 calories instead of 1300... I have looked at a few of my friends' diaries and been like, are you kidding me?? They have "healthy" calorie goals but oh lordy what they manage to eat within that goal... and I should talk, as I manage to fit some candy and some wine into mine on a regular basis... But I totally agree, if someone's goals, lifestyle, eating habits, whatever, is not in line with yours in such a way that would be detrimental to your own progress to health, unfriend them! I don't want a lot of negative complaining attitudes all over my wall every day, so if someone seems to be perpetually a downer, I won't keep them. I understand the occasional need to rant, vent, whine, but I am a part of MFP to get MYSELF better. If I can encourage someone along the way on MY journey, YAY, but this is All About Me. In the meantime, if ya'll form the Hippo Group, my hips would definitely qualify me for membership!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100% and then some!! and.... I want a hippopotamus for christmaaasssssss.... lol.. sorry, sleep deprived silliness has set it!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I had one who ate 50 calories one day. And was upset she ate 250 a few days prior.

I don't understand it.

Then again, I dont' understand women in general.
  • trublue82
    Options
    I don't understand why people add me and then never talk to me after it.
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok... so after reading some other posts... i thought id mention im sorry if my post came off a little harsh i didnt mean it that way...it just is upsetting to hear people starving themselves
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people add me and then never talk to me after it.

I don't always reply but I do read every post that comes across.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor, psychologist, etc., but I think supporting someone on this site with an eating disorder is enabling them. I would delete them, and possibly even tell them why I was doing it, before going ahead and doing it.

I have deleted a few people who I could tell didn't like my style, interests, etc. It was an effort trying to find the right way to support them, so I wasn't the proper friend for them. We need to remember that this site isn't a place to find professional help. We are all here to help ourselves, and maybe enjoy some mutual support and a little fun and distraction.
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    oh good lord, 600 cals or under, that's insane! I've eaten that much by lunch!!!

It's not mean at all. If you feel that it is unhealthy, or not something you agree with, then it's all good to delete them!!!
  • BrandNewDaisy
    Options
    The word "hippopotamus" is derived from the ancient Greek ἱπποπόταμος, hippopotamos, from ἵππος, hippos, "horse", and ποταμός, potamos, "river", meaning "horse of the river".In English, the plural is hippopotamuses, but hippopotami is also used; hippos can be used as a short plural. Hippopotamuses are gregarious, living in groups of up to 30 animals; such a group is called a pod, herd, dale, or bloat.

I haven't made any friends yet, but I would most likely delete someone consistently eating really low calories. I might eat 600 in a day sometimes, but usually the day before I ate like 4000 lol... or I was sick. So, I go through this punishment thing I guess. Not a healthy cycle either, but working on it.
    But yea, people with the same goals or issues would seem to be more beneficial to both parties~

Oh, and hippos are herbivores, unless forced into a situation where meat is the only choice. I myself must have meat multiple times a day, so I cannot count myself among the hippopotmi on MFP ~