Any other pale girls out there?

Options
I'm seriously so pale. If I lay out, I turn into a lobster and then peel so badly! I want to do the tanning beds, have any of you pale girls out there tried it? Does it look like a natural tan!? I got a spray tan once, and no thank you. Not for me lol I don't want to go every 4 days to get sprayed on, and then look blotchy 4 days later!! Any suggestions?

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I'm pale. I own a tanning bed. Just start very slow....if you go to a tanning salon they will be more than willing to help you.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Learn to love your paleness! :heart: Your skin will thank you for it.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure if you burn in the sun you will do the same in a tanning bed! Embrace your paleness :) I'm a natural redhead and I've come to terms that I will be forever white...with the exception of freckles. But maybe you can try some of the gradual tanning lotion, you can get it in fair, medium, and dark... Start with fair.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Own it! Pale's beautiful:smile:
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Don't tan. You will regret it and look 10 years older than you are in your 40s. I was spray tanned once for a physique challenge at our gym, and I won't do it again either. I just look white and do not mind as I would rather not have cancer and wrinkles.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I also turn into a lobster. My friend used to work at a tanning salon and after 6 minutes I still ended up burnt. I have embraced my reflective qualities.
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I am pale. I won't use tanning beds (I watched final destination).

Spray ons always look orange to me
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Don't use tanning beds, they can cause skin cancer just like the sun. Best choice is to use Jergen's Natural Glow sunless tanning moisturizer. There are multiple color levels to get from pale to a beautiful and healthy glow without exposing yourself to UV rays. I use it and it works for me.
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I WAS pasty pale, almost see through. shoulda called me casper. i tan now, yes, I burned and it hurt like a *****, but if you can get through the first few sessions dealing with it, after you get a base tan you won't burn anymore.

The workers at most salons are trained to know what level and how long people should go in for. I would go in and talk to them.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm fine being pale. I make it work.
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    Tan girls look so much skinnier, and when they are skinny they look so much better. I don't want to tan a lot, just build up a base tan so I don't look like casper!!

and I tried lotions, they don't work. Jergens in particular. Makes me pasty and just, not attractive. and not to mention ORANGE!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I personally love being pale and would never want to tan. Beds are terrible for you, not to preach but they are.

Maybe give the spray tanning another shot, its not bad for you and I've seen really really pretty / nice results...you just have to find a good place and maybe spend a bit more.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm pale too and burn to a crisp in the sun. I've noticed that while training outside (using sunscreen of course) I've developed quite a nice tan... sadly it has my singlet outline on my shoulders and back, but it's okay.

I have spray tanned before and also used those gradual tinted moisturisers which are okay but I always get patchy!!

We have tanning laws here and I'm not allowed to go to a salon to tan because I'm too fair, and for that reason I wouldn't even try buying my own. If there are regulations against it, heaven knows I'd stuff it up myself at home.
  • Connerylover
    Connerylover Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pale skin is much more attractive than skin cancer .....
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't use tanning beds, they can cause skin cancer just like the sun. Best choice is to use Jergen's Natural Glow sunless tanning moisturizer. There are multiple color levels to get from pale to a beautiful and healthy glow without exposing yourself to UV rays. I use it and it works for me.

The jergens healthy glow is a good alternative, for people who don't want to tan.
    And yes, tanning beds DO increase risks of cancer, but not by much. the risk of melanoma in the average person who doesn't tan is .02%. it only increases to .03% for people who use tanning beds.
  • laurab41
    Options
    I agree...love yourself just as you are. There are wonderful things about being pale!! Less wrinkles, no tan lines AND you get to wear those awesome huge hats when out-of-doors :o)
  • sjadams01
    Options

I agree with this. it took me a long time to understand this myself. your skin will thank you later!
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options

THIS! Do I look 42?
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Honestly, I love my pale women.
    I am pretty dark caramel myself, and I just love my plain vanilla. We compliment each-other nicely
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I am pale as hell. When I was a bar tender and I had to look a certain way for my job I used to do spray tans all the time, versa spa is much better than mystic. Now I just embrace my paleness :D