any 5'7 girls out there?

Options

Replies

• m1nky
    m1nky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in March (2011) at 184lbs (high weight of 186).
    I am currently 141lbs and am pretty happy with this weight.

My "goal" weight was written down as 130 but in my head it's always been 135 (because the
    last few pounds are the hardest to lose so obviously I won't have problems until after 135 - right?).
    At this point I don't even mind if I stay at 140ish and I'm focusing more on weight training.
    My hips/legs have always been my problem area so I just want to gain more muscle mass.

If I can magically hit 130 AND be toned and muscled I will be rich because obviously I've found a time machine.
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2" on a good day =P and 156lbs. My SW was around 167lbs and my goal is between 130-140. It's reassuring to see so many of you with similar goals.

Remember, girls, you're all beautiful in many shapes and sizes. Good luck with your journey!

Feel free to add me as a friend! :smile:
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5"7, and my goal is 130lbs. I'm at 153 right now.
  • ajanelewis
    ajanelewis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow 5'7'ers!

My CW is 134 and I'd like to get to 120-125. My personal lowest was 118 right before my wedding in June. I lost that weight using MFP but fell off the bandwagon when I got back from my honeymoon. Glad to have found this thread!
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 currently 186.4, down from starting weight of 198. My goal for now is 155ish. Once I am there though I may reevaluate to see if going down further is a realistic weight to maintain. I think once I get down to that level I would like to really start working on getting more muscles though so we'll have to see how it goes. I'm only weighing a bit more if I look tones and have a nice set of guns :D
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I'm 5'7, my goal is 130 and I'm currently at 140. I have a relatively small frame but am also curvy, so 130 doesn't look super skinny on me. 140 is much easier for me to maintain, but I'm getting married in the fall so I'm shooting for 130 for the wedding.
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and currently 173...have lost about 25 lbs but need to lose about 20 - 30 more. I think it your goal could be realistic, but you also have to take into consideration your body type. I'm built like a brick house so looking at me 173 you'd never guess. I have swimmer legs, shoulders, etc. so if your built lean then it's very possible. 130 - 135 for me would probably look disgusting.. good luck! :)
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of 5'7"ers out there!

I'm one too. I started MFP last May at 173 and I'm down to 145 now. I feel pretty comfortable at this weight however I am aiming to tone up a bit more and to get to the magic 10 stone mark at 140 which I think would be perfect for me. (I think I'll keep 145 in mind as my upper limit that I'm not allowed to go over in future!)
  • ccrking
    Options
    I am 5'7 and weigh 155 lbs. I have just started the fitness pal along with a healthy program that is called body by vi 90 day challenge. The program is having 2 shakes a day 1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch which is very easy you can mix with coffee, water, low fat milk, oatmeal or simply add your favorite fruits (lots of great recipes) then you can have a sensible dinner and healthy snacks throughout the day. Each shake is only 90 calories!
    Along with that I take a Metabolism booster which overall with both you will have a ton of energy! Very easy to track on my fitness pal with the information already being in the app. If anyone is interested let me know.
    I have had a great week so far I have lost 2 lbs.! Yeah
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You guys are great! I'm so glad I found these posts! I'm 5' 7.5". I started this journey last year at 209 lbs. I'm currently at 181 lbs. My goal by the end of this year is 140 - 145 lbs. So that sounds realistic to me after reading all these posts! Yay!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'6. A couple years ago I was at 152 and a size 8. I don't think I would look good much lower than that, but I think I have a larger frame so that can make a difference. Good Luck reaching your goal!
  • kolivesmith
    kolivesmith Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, Ladies! I am brand new to this site and this is my very first post (YAY!). I am 5'7ish and right now I am at 187 my goal for now is to get to 150. To be honest, I can't believe I have let myself get to this point but two babies in three years has really caused my weight to get out of control. I have always been between 140-150 until my first pregnancy. I am excited to get started on this journey but apprehensive at the same time! I don't have any friends on this site yet and could really use the support so please feel free to add me.:flowerforyou:
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5 7 er and aiming for 140. I know people have an opinion about BMI, but I don't have a high % of muscle and that puts me right in the middle of a healthy BMI range. Once I get there or close I might adjust, but it seems like a good place to aim for :-)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and started MFP at 175 pounds. I am currently 148 pounds with a goal weight of 145. I am pear shaped and am generally wearing a size 8 US (though some 6s too).
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. Currently 169 and my goal is 145-150.
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". When I last lost weight I got down to 140-145 but was having a hard time staying there. I found I did rather well around 155: I looked good and I was able to maintain it for several years. Then I got married, had a child, went back to school, and over time lost all that progress :(

Now I'm aiming to get back to 150-155.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 as well and my CW is 148 but I currently have my goal weight at 145 but I keep changing it. :wink:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal weight is 155 lbs. I started in the 190s (can't believe I just typed that!). I've been down into the low 130s but I looked like I was on drugs- scary skinny. I inherited my height and build from my dad, who is 6'8" and pushing 300 lbs...so I've reconciled myself to the fact that I'm NEVER gonna be a size 4. Oh, well, I just want to be healthier and more fit, regardless of what the number on the scale says.
  • fromouterspace
    fromouterspace Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yes <3 i'm possibly maybe closer to 5'6 and 3/4, but technically 5'7 ;]
  • fromouterspace
    fromouterspace Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yes <3 i'm possibly maybe closer to 5'6 and 3/4, but technically 5'7 ;]