Oh no. Oh. No.

Options
I just got some excellent value Pizza Hut vouchers through the door. Wat do.

How much pizza is a safe amount? I usually order a medium, and that can last me two days... is this bad? My usual toppings are mushroom, chicken and pepper... But it's the base that's the nasty part, right?

Oh, give me strength. :laugh:

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Whatever you can eat without going over your calories for the day.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I feel your pain. I get Domino's coupons a lot, and it's so tempting. What helped for me was to look up the ingredients in Domino's pizza. Disgusting. Sure, you can eat a couple slices and be okay calorie-wise.. but it's so full of junk! Throw out those coupons, make your own pizza, and it will be way healthier and probably cheaper than Pizza Hut even after coupons :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    This.

Panicking because you got coupons? This doesn't seem healthy.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I just got some excellent value Pizza Hut vouchers through the door. Wat do.

How much pizza is a safe amount? I usually order a medium, and that can last me two days... is this bad? My usual toppings are mushroom, chicken and pepper... But it's the base that's the nasty part, right?

Oh, give me strength. :laugh:

No part of pizza is nasty. Except pineapple and green peppers.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    A couple slices of pizza is not going to kill you. Just make sure you eat a little less at your other meals/snacks so you make room for the calories. That being said, I totally agree with a poster above about making your own. Best pizza ever: whole grain pita, olive oil, pesto, fresh mozzarella, sauteed onions/peppers, and maybe a little crumbled turkey sausage. Brush your pita with a little olive oil and pesto, then add the remaining ingredients. Bake until bubby....... absolutely delish! AND way lower on the calories, and much cleaner, healthier eating.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options

^^ Blasphemy
    I love pineapples :)
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    if you can fit it into your calories for the day then go for it, only thing to really be concerned about is the sodium......way to high. like someone else said, make pizza at home, you control the calories and the sodium to your liking, probably gonna be quite a bit healthier and much more satisfying and quite a bit cheaper
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This.

Panicking because you got coupons? This doesn't seem healthy.

Considering I've lost over a stone since joining, I see myself as healthy. Coupons just give me the temptation, if you must know.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

Exactly. I'm having pizza tonight and I can't wait!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I used to sit and eat a lrge deluxe myself. Now I am happy with 2 pieces of just a cheese pizza. There are healthy alternatives instead of the sausage and crap ya know.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    If you really like pizza....think of it as a special treat. Enjoy a couple slices. Drink lots of water. Get a little extra exercise. Give the rest of the pizza away or take it to work and let someone else enjoy it if you're worried about keeping it in the house. And...relax!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    A couple slices of pizza is not going to kill you. Just make sure you eat a little less at your other meals/snacks so you make room for the calories. That being said, I totally agree with a poster above about making your own. Best pizza ever: whole grain pita, olive oil, pesto, fresh mozzarella, sauteed onions/peppers, and maybe a little crumbled turkey sausage. Brush your pita with a little olive oil and pesto, then add the remaining ingredients. Bake until bubby....... absolutely delish! AND way lower on the calories, and much cleaner, healthier eating.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options

This.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

^^ Blasphemy

^^ Is the correct response :tongue:
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Check out the dominioes site and look at the calories and nutriental value, then plan from there. That might even deter you.

Then make your own healthy pizza as the above people are saying.
  • babbityboo
    babbityboo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut now do the Pizzetta pizzas which are under 500 cals each. They're ok, but when going for the lunch time buffet with everyone else having the buffet and sitting with your own "better for you" pizza is a bit :( xx
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

^^ Blasphemy

^^ Is the correct response :tongue:

Agreed! :)
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Throw them out immediately, or give them away....it will only hurt for a little bit, save the pizza for a really special occasion because unless you make it yourself it's usually full of crap.

You got this one girlfriend!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Considering I've lost over a stone since joining, I see myself as healthy. Coupons just give me the temptation, if you must know.

If It's a temptation you don't want, then toss them in the rubbish bin or give them to someone else. Pizza is okay occasionally if you make sure to stay within your goals. Work out a little extra when you eat it, or eat light for your other meals.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I still eat pizza and try to limit to 2 slices when I do.