35 pounds - can't see a difference!

Options

Replies

• Just_Bethy
    Options
    Not just in your face but check out your wrists! Girl I see a big difference!!!
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    i agree i can see the difference, take your measurements, not just the scale. you are doing great
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have lost the same amount in almost the same amount of time. I started at 354 and I'm down to 319. I can really only tell a difference in my face, chest and torso area. I haven't had to buy any new smaller clothing yet although I did buy a smaller bra. I haven't lost many inches at all but I have people telling me all the time they can see a difference so I will take it!!! Hang in there!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference in your face. It's hard to tell otherwise since you have so many clothes on lol. Maybe try to take a pic in some workout clothes next time so you can tell more? Also maybe add some weight training into your exercise. It shapes your body where you can tell faster. Best wishes!
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I see it in your neck and eyes. It helps to see the difference when you wear the same outfit in the before and after pic. Keep up the good work before you know it everyone will be complimenting you on your weight loss.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a difference. Keep focused on your goals, and it will become even more dramatic as time passes. Keep up the good work!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Also, remember not to just concentrate on the weight lost, but also look at your measurements- I'm sure they show a large difference since you started!
  • boo333
    boo333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference in your appearance and your smile:smile:
  • KRFinLeth
    Options
    There is a difference. One thing I learned after losing over 70 lbs was that your basic body shape doesn't change. If you carry weight in your hips, for instance, you will still carry it there whether you're 20 lbs overweight or 50 lbs overweight. And because we tend to judge ourselves harsher than others do it can be hard to recognize the loss. Keep your chin up; you're doing great!
  • jeankh
    jeankh Posts: 68
    Options
    I can def see a difference, especially in your face! :)
  • perkybut
    Options
    wow 35 lbs that is wonderful I have lost 7 lbs and I do see a big difference. I am still wearing the same clothing and nobody really has comented on how good I look but I feel great. I have been working out 4 X a week and on average loosing one lb a week. I think if we focus on how we feel along before we look at the way we look this may help us stay on track. For me I want to say I am 35lbs down and I can walk better and I can get out of the bath tub without assistants and I can walk up the stairs without being out of breath. My hat goes off to you wow congrats.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I read this because I have lost 25lbs and cannot see a difference either. But when I looked at your pictures I see a difference in you! Your chin is more defined, your face has more of a glow and you look more confident in yourself.

Do NOT be discouraged. The weight will continue to come off and you will see more and more of a difference. This is what I tell myself every day and I hope you start telling yourself that too!

Good luck!

12852965.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • bobbybaldwin
    Options
    Your face has really thinned and you arms are smaller too. Keep it up!!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    35 pounds is amazing progress! I know it's discouraging, but I truly hope you feel better and have more energy. Don't let this get you down, try and turn it into positive energy to push yourself just a little bit harder!
  • RavenSoul
    Options
    I can see it also. Often times we are the last to see any change, positive or negative!!

Are you basing changes off your eyes only? Are you keeping track of inches lost in addition to your loss on the scale? Many times we're also losing the inches faster than losing the pounds on the scale.

Do not get discouraged! Keep moving!!
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much!! You have really made me feel so much better about myself.....Sorry if I sounded "whiney".....I think I was just having one of those "pity party" moments!! But I have taken a second look and you are right....my chin and wrists DO look smaller. Thanks again for all the encouragement.....sometimes it takes a village!! :)
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can see it in your face too, and I bet if you had the same clothes on we'd see it in other places more too. Keep it up, don't be discouraged. 35 lbs is great - that's my 4 year old!!!
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I can see it! Your face looks a lot thinner! You look great!! I would suggest adding in Strength Training and some Yoga or Pilates. This is great for tightening everything up and elongating. Plus Yoga is great for flexibility!
    Keep it up!!! You have come too far to quit!
    WAY TO GO!!!!:drinker:
  • rsritchey2012
    Options
    It's always harder for us to see the changes in ourselves. That is, until we see ourselves in a photo. You just remember that losing 35 lbs is an awesome thing and you should be proud of yourself. I often think of 5 lbs as being a 5 lb bag of sugar...or flour. When I pick it up and hold it in my hands, I realize that for every 5 lbs I lose...that's like losing a bag of sugar from my body. In your case...you have lost ( 7 ) 5 lb bags of sugar!! Way to go!:happy:
  • elusivezero
    elusivezero Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in your face - you look so much healthier, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!