Anyone who is early 20's out there? Help!

Options
124»

Replies

• maby9082
    Options
    Hi im 21 recently joined wantign to loose at least 7lb and keep it off :)
  • hannyt
    hannyt Posts: 33
    Options
    i'm 23 and a professional student ;) i know how hard it is to lose weight during college. my biggest problem is consistency! trying to stick to it this time :) feel free to add me!
  • OxleyT6899
    Options
    I'm 18.
    Add me if you'd like!
  • janessac
    Options
    I'm 20 turning 21 in February =) I'm 5'6, 155lbs with 25-30 lbs to lose
    Feel free to add me if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • Amineral
    Amineral Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    im 21, 5'9'' and around 137 right now. would love to lose 12lbs and tone tone tone. flat belly by summer?? gosh i hope so!! add me because i need some peeps for motivation to sweat it off at a gym! i just bought a victoria secret bikini that would look amazing if i were to accomplish my goal..
  • steffers628
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 23 years old, and I'm looking to lose about 40lbs! Started at 202 before myfitnesspal and 185 with myfitnesspal. I'm currently 180. I just finished all my classwork toward a masters in speech pathology, and now I'm on internships at a school and hospital in my hometown. I need to keep striving to be healthy, even when I'm busy so add me as a friend and tell me to go exercise :)
  • Hey!

I'm 23 and just finished my Master's but I'm staying in school for another year or so for added work experience.
    Anyways...I'm 5'6 and approximately ~145 and hoping to lose about 20-25lbs...I put my big old belly as my profile pic for motivation! LOL Embarassing but effective! Feel free to add me :)
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    I'm 23...going to be 24 this month and I graduated already, but am looking to lose 10-15 pounds MAYBE. I'm 5' 5" and usually weigh anywhere from 140-148. I have a muscular build already and I don't want to lose any of my strength, so I'm not really sure if losing 10-15 pounds is right for me.

Right now I'm just concentrating on making healthier eating habits and training for a marathon, while still keeping my weight training in check :)
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am also in my last year of university. And my name is also Colleen! I'm currently 5'6" at ~150 pounds, looking to lose maybe 10 more. I've lost about 60 already.

My advice, or what worked for me being a student:
    -Big breakfast, a few snacks during the day, and a moderate dinner.
    -Whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible. Frozen and fast foods are probably the worst thing you could eat if you want to lose weight. Yeah, calories are calories, but your body will be much happier if you don't feed it cardboard.
    -Eat a variety of foods to stay nourished.
    -Don't eat anything from your cafeteria.
    -Exercise with weights, like the 30 Day Shred, for example.
    -Keep a food journal, above all.
  • pinkfink
    pinkfink Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Maura and I'm 23 years old. I'm pretty new to this to and would love the support as well! Just graduated May of 2011 and I am ready to buckle down and lose the weight! Anyone interested in starting our own group?
  • MMH86
    MMH86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, a full time nursing student and mother of 2 little boys.. since sept I have lost 45lbs, so you CAN do it! good luck! xo
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 24. I'm 5'1" and started at 150 pounds - I'm now at 138 and working toward 120.
  • anstine42
    Options
    im 20 and currently a sophomore in college. I put on about 3o lbs since i started school. im 5'9 185lbs wanting to loose 40lbs.
  • sweeneybrandon
    Options
    I'm 21, Junior in college, and my weight has fluctuated greatly since high school.

I'm 5'7-5'8"
    Senior Year in High School - 225lbs
    Beginning of Freshman Year in College - 165-170lbs.
    Freshman - End of Sophomore Year - 170-180.
    Mid Junior Year - 193 (Currently down to 187 since December after my 21st birthday week long celebration)

Being in college I've found it hard to keep weight off, with all the drinking, pizza, drinking, wings, drinking, and bad choices available, I've been able to cut weight off quickly when I try, then I go back to the same bad habits.
  • jacksonsarah6
    Options
    hey! im sarah, im 22 and graduated from college in may 2011. I lost some of my college weight over the summer then I moved and started working long hours and gained it all back ugg :( i am 5'5 148 lbs and want to be between 130 and 135...add me for sure!
  • derposaurus
    derposaurus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    hey i'm also 21! and almost the same height as you lol i'm 5"9 and a half-ish. welcome to the site. i can help you with whatever you want
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm also 21. i'm 5'7 and i started at 157 lbs. i'm now at 142 , trying to get to 130-135. Feel free to add if you like!