AMERICAN IDOL....SPOILER.....DO NOT READ WEST COAST

Options

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I thought it was interesting how surprised Kris was when they announced it... saying Adam totally deserved it... so even though I think Adam is an absolutely amazing singer with a lot of range, control and creativity - Kris is still a really nice, classy guy. I figured they'd both be successful, regardless, but I was really surprised that Adam didn't win.
  • Laura021967
    Laura021967 Posts: 42
    Options
    I was shocked!! I just KNEW after the season that Adam had that he was going to be the one to win. I don't have anything against Kris but to me he sounded like every other person on the radio, whereas Adam was different and unique. Oh well.........the good thing for me is that it's one less reality show to watch so know I can get off my butt and start working out!!!! :laugh:

203175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Adam will have a record deal and go Platinum, in two years y'all will be saying Kris who? And thank the music gods Adam will not have to put that horrible song on his first Album.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I am soooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!

However I do have one big gripe:

Adam got to sing with KISS! Awesome for him, I know that is a lifelong memory BIG TIME!!

and Kris got to sing with ..... Keith Urban??????!!!! WTF!?
    Keith Urban who always has to be explained by the follow-up line (oh that guy who married Nicole Kidman)

If you are famous because of who you are married to, then you are a b-lister at best.

So tell me AI wasn't being unfair to Kris.

I'm just glad that America wasn't pushed into voting for guyliner. I do not think it had anything to do with the (unconfirmed) fact that he is gay, otherwise we wouldn't have Clay Gayken. ( I mean Aiken):devil:

America just picked classy and talented over flashy and screechy.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Keith Urban is a really accomplished artist, mabye it's because i'm in the south and country is played more here.....but Keith Urban is one of my favorite artist of all times....he needs no explanation when when his name is mentioned. He sold out a 40,000 seat arena in 4 hrs here last year.

Go Kris!!!!!:drinker:
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    Keith Urban is a really accomplished artist, mabye it's because i'm in the south and country is played more here.....but Keith Urban is one of my favorite artist of all times....he needs no explanation when when his name is mentioned. He sold out a 40,000 seat arena in 4 hrs here last year.

I'm with you on that one....Around here, it's more like "Nicole Kidman? Who's that? Oh, you know, that chick that married Keith Urban".
  • mello
    Options

I'm with you on that one....Around here, it's more like "Nicole Kidman? Who's that? Oh, you know, that chick that married Keith Urban".

Exactly!!! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Same here!
    Adam getting to sing with Kiss is legendary, but Kris being able to sing along side Keith Urban was freakin' fantastic! I L:heart: VED listening to them sing together. Hard to tell the real artist from the upcoming artist there!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

Same here!
    Adam getting to sing with Kiss is legendary, but Kris being able to sing along side Keith Urban was freakin' fantastic! I L:heart: VED listening to them sing together. Hard to tell the real artist from the upcoming artist there!

Same here!

Obviously we have a museum or something here because "Bristol is the birthplace of country music" lol

So yeah, he's widely known...and definitely not known as that guy with Nicole Kidman...

I thought Kris sang so well with him!

Adam did good with Kiss and I was a little worried when he came out in that outfit but then it all made sense! :laugh:

They both did awesome and I think that Kris was stunned that he won too! He was talking about how Adam deserves it.... but they are both great in my eyes!:happy:
  • mello
    Options
    I didn't care either way. They are both amazing but, I'm glad Adam got second place because then he A) Can sing rock instead of the ****ty song. B) Go into musical theatre because when you win you're contracted for one year. This way he can do what he likes.

I heard that Adam was already making six figures on Broadway before Idol. Has anyone else heard that?

I had not heard that Max, but he's good enough...so I believe it. He was not my pick for Idol, but when you saw Adam next to Kris, it was so obvious how comfortable Adam is on stage. I know Kris was shocked, but the poor little fella couldn't even articulate his feelings. Adam's a class act and seems like a genuine nice guy, but when it comes to popping a CD in my car, rolling down the windows and listening to music, Kris's would be the one I chose.
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options

I had not heard that Max, but he's good enough...so I believe it. He was not my pick for Idol, but when you saw Adam next to Kris, it was so obvious how comfortable Adam is on stage. I know Kris was shocked, but the poor little fella couldn't even articulate his feelings. Adam's a class act and seems like a genuine nice guy, but when it comes to popping a CD in my car, rolling down the windows and listening to music, Kris's would be the one I chose.

I agree. Plus, I've been reading backstage interviews and Adam is really happy for Kris. He already has a couple offers for record deals. My guess is 19 Entertainment (Idol) will sign him so they can cash in on the success they wanted from him.

GO KRIS!!!!
  • shutterbug4674
    Options
    The judges must be pissed! This is the second year in a row that the guy the pushed to win, didn't win.
    :laugh:
  • shutterbug4674
    Options

Adam needs to front Queen. He could front any 70's rock band.

yeah, that would rock!!! Plus he could change their diapers. LOL :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Adam did good with Kiss and I was a little worried when he came out in that outfit but then it all made sense! :laugh:

Who you telling!!! :wink:
  • mello
    Options

Adam needs to front Queen. He could front any 70's rock band.

yeah, that would rock!!! Plus he could change their diapers. LOL :laugh:

He'll probably be like Chris Daughtry, he won't link up with any old timers...(but still great bands) he'll go on and do his own thing and he'll do it well.
  • mello
    Options
    I enjoy these discussions......what show are we watchin next? America's Got Talent??
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I was watching the show last night and I have to agree, Adam has a great voice but to me he seems like he belongs on Broadway. I did not know that he was already on Broadway until I read this thread. Kris sounded exactly like Keith Urban! I couldn't tell them apart. I think he sang much better last night then on Tuesday. Was it just me or was Rod Stewart drunk? Did you see him stumble? It was so sad to see him off count with the clapping. I have always liked him but he just didn't do a good job last night. I'm happy for Kris but I don't know if he will make it big, I am sure Adam will. At least Kris has the money from the AL contract.

Memaw
  • shutterbug4674
    Options
    I found out that during the competition each Idol is paid $2000.00 a week for as long as they remain in the competition. The top 10 earn $5000.00 a week while on tour. Also IDOL put their families up in hotels and takes care of them as long as the Idol is in the competition.