Seasoning for chicken breast--what's your favorite?

Options

Replies

• dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Crusted with parmesan cheese
  • sunshinegirl2012
    Options
    I don't eat meat very much, maybe once a week, but if I do I make it special...whole foods has the BEST seasoning/spices/salt ever. I don't know what it's called but it's delicious, it's their own brand. that with olive oil, onion, lemon and basil, maybe with feta cheese on top! or sometimes marinated in mango-chipotle sauce (low cal) also from whole foods. yum (:
  • charlotteandalfie
    Options
    I love the nandos peri peri mild seasoning with chicken xx
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Buffalo wing sauce is yummy with chicken breast!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    i just do my own thing with my favourite herbs and spices and just change it up all the time as I eat A LOT of chicken
  • kerrylwharris
    kerrylwharris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use rosemary, salt, and pepper, sauteed with cooking spray. Simple but goes with anything!
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    There are so many good seasonings out there, just check your local supermarket. If you have any asian local shops nearby, hit them up too. Some current staples are :
    Lemon and Chilli, Jerk, Caribbean chicken (can go with anything though) Piri piri, Lemon and Thyme. Also, stuff like Pataks curry pastes are good if you just smear a bit on
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love to marinate/cook mine in a lemon juice/olive oil mixture...it's so delicious!!!!

Mine. Brown in oil, then squirt lemon and cover.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, nothing beats lemon and organic unsalted butter... It's the best for chicken.
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    my favorite way to spice chicken is 2T brown sugar and 2 T paprika then I add in garlic powder salt and pepper to taste you can put this on the chicken right before cooking and it has tons of flavor. Any extra can be stored in a jar sealed tight in your pantry its delicious smoky and spicy.
  • Kckgirl
    Kckgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Place chicken in a slow cooker and cover with salsa. When it is finished cooking, it is infused with flavor. Great alone or in tacos or enchiladas.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    With me the aha moment came when I realized you could put a knife to them prior to cooking. :laugh:

I love to slice them and make my own chicken fingers. Frozen fries are not expensive, and are pretty good calorie wise if you go for the portion, and then a nice veggie. Better than any carry out and within my cals.

Also, once I cut them up in bite size and tossed in Ranch dressing powder and another time the lipton onion mix. BOTH are high in sodium, so be aware.

I love chicken parmesan.
    Slice the breast in half to make it thinner. I pound mine after this, but it is not necessary (sp). Dredge in water or egg (i like egg) and then roll in bread crumbs of choice (I like italian)

Depending on the cals I have left for the day I will either use 2 tbls of olive oil to fry them in a pan, or spray THE BREAST with Pam Olive oil after spraying the pan, It gives it the crunch w/o all the cals. It is def drier than with the EVOO though.

I then place my fav tomato sauce on the bottom of a glass pan, place the breasts, put more sauce on top and some low fat or fat free mozz cheese. Top with a spinkle of grated parm on top!

The trick for me is to avoid the pasta and garlic bread. I make a big salad with italian dressing and it satisfying. If I have the cals I will have a 1/2 cup of pasta too

Ok now I know what I am having for dinner :love:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My favorite is really a stew: the Indian Chicken and Lentils from crockpot365

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009/10/indian-spiced-lentils-with-chicken-slow.html

She's got lots of great chicken recipes, and they are all FAST, and reheat well.
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I put a lot of Cajun's Choice Creole Seasoning on it. I then bake it on 350.
  • ttulio
    ttulio Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, and Sriracha in a pan with some cooking spray. When it's almost done, add a little low sodium chicken broth (or water) to make a light sauce. I find that it saves a lot of cooking time if you pound the breasts flatter first.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This is what our house preffers
    i have 4 different ones that i absolutely LOVE:

1) mc cormicks montreal chicken
    2) mc cormicks mesquite
    3) mc cormicks smokehouse maple
    4) mrs dash southwest chipolte
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i typically steam cook it with italian seasoning ,freeze dried onion and pepper but getting tired of that so yesterday i experimented and used water,balsamic vinegar, italian seaoning, freeze dried onion , garilic and pepper ... i marinated that for the entire day and then grilled it on my george foreman grill.. it was reallly good!!

today im experimenting with baked italian seasoned panko crusted chicken breast.. all chicken breasts i use are boneless and skinless. i used egg whites for the egg dip .. dont know how it turned out yet but its in the oven and it looks good so far!

sometimes i put franks hot sauce on the chicken or a little bit of bbq sauce on the side and dip it a bit to add some flavor
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to prepare chicken breast... Marinade for a few hours, or overnight, in some lime margarita mix. Then bake with a couple tablespoons of salsa on top, and add a sprinkle of "taco blend" shredded cheese on top when you have about 5 minutes left to cook. I like it with a side of rice cooked with peppers and onion, corn kernels (frozen is lower sodium than canned), and black beans (dry is lower sodium than canned). And cornbread if I have enough calories. :heart:

Otherwise, I just have a collection of different 30 minute marinades. I like to cut the chicken into cubes and stir fry it with some kind of frozen veggies that complement the marinade, then add rice or pasta, and maybe a cheese. For instance, lemon garlic marinade with Italian blend veggies, bow-tie pasta, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, or Teriyaki marinade with Oriental blend veggies and rice, maybe with a little low-mein noodles on top for extra texture and crunch. Buffalo sauce and barbecue sauce make frequent appearances, too. Buffalo is really low in calories, but high in sodium. Barbecue might add an extra 60 calories, but soooo worth it.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Put chicken in crockpot on low; sprinkle with rosemary and garlic (fresh or Tone's makes a blend) and cook 6-8 hours. For heartier meal put in can of cream of something soup with 30-60 min remaining and have stir to break up chicken. Serve over potatoes or another starch kind of like hamburger gravy but better for you.
  • samilynn005
    samilynn005 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    MY personal trainer told me to buy Mrs Dash seasoning, there is no sodium in them! Very good for if you're trying to lose weight and they are delicious!