T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) TEAM ~~> Week 15!

12346»

Replies

• jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Hello Team :happy:
    Just checking in...Its getting towards the end of the month so as you can guess work is getting crazy again. I was really upset with one of my bosses yesterday. The bf says if I am getting this upset I should look for something else. With this economy there aren't many available jobs and I like what I do here. I just am not a fan of the whole family dynamic right now.
    Other than that things are just ok. I always feel so behind when I don't have time to read what was posted at night.
    Did I tell you guys my bumming news? Remember how I said my heel had been hurting? Well I have been trying to ice it and push through it. I was taking the whole mind over matter thought process. The pain has increased and it hurts to walk so into the doctors I went. I am not allowed to wog for at least a month. :grumble: They told me if I do not allow it to heal or if it doesn't heal in the time frame I need to go to a foot doctor and get injections in my heal! :noway: Needless to say I am not thrilled about either option.
    These kitties are too cute! Thats about all I saw on the boards so I will hopefully have time tonight. I've been trying to workout extra this week cause I know I didn't eat the greatest in Maine plus I did not have access to look anything up. (My brothers tried to adjust my sisters internet so they could get on the internet on their iPod touchs and my sister was not able to connect her computer after that).
    I better get back to work before I get busted.....Hope you all are having a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Welcome Welcome Welcome Jodazary...you're going to love this group, everyone rocks!
    I'm happy to say that I've lost some weight, YEAH!!! Even with TOM, which is pretty exciting to me!
    So, right now, here are my stats:

SW/GW/CW: 275/180/262 loss of 3 lbs since last weigh in

I won't be on here for a few days. I'm having my surgery in the morning, and our computer at home is upstairs...so, no computer for me! :sad: I'll be back to work on Tuesday, and will check in with everyone then. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi everyone, just checking in. I am still really hemmed up at work, but am really feeling great otherwise and feel like my metabolism is finally on fire! Like that one article cmriverside posted about the still gaining on 500 calories a day. It takes a while to get the metabolism going, but I think mine is. We'll see tomorrow at weigh in! At work, going crazy, AND I have a house guest this weekend.. Love you. Bye for now.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Hi all, had something unusual happen today... went to the gym, was supposed to meet a trainer, but I was really tired, and the other trainer asked me about it and then looked at my "book of exercise" and said I've been working out too much, that's why I'm so tired, even though I feel fine when I'm doing those things. I said, but it's fun to do these things, didn't think I was doing too much, and she said, oh now you're just obsessed. Me? Obsessed with exercise? Never thought I'd be accused of THAT.

Anyway so I'm on "off gym" detail until Sunday when I meet with the trainer again. So I have to take 2 days off per week when I'm doing the trainer stuff, vs. when I was just doing some cardio. They said it's really easy to overtrain but once you do it's very easy to get hurt... plus you just get exhausted. Which I am.

So it's a nice sunny day and hubby is home on time so I'm going to go run around and have some "me" time outdoors or shopping or something...

And I'm not going to worry so much about calories the next few days either. I'm not going to "obsess" to stay under my 1300 allowed for an off day... I'm just going to work hard to make sure it's not above my "maintenance" calories.

Oh yeah and they told me if you overtrain you also don't lose weight... which I've noticed too... so hopefully the next few days will see some weight drop off quickly. Here's hoping!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    jamierobertson...Hope your heel heals...no pun intended.
    DWray...Good luck with your surgery.

I went for my first long walk of the year. Sounds lame, I know, but that's how fibromyalgia affects me. And I really do miss walking. I've had my beginner's licence THREE times, and let it expire each time. Finally came to the conclusion that I just don't want to drive. So...You see...I was a walker, up until the past year or two.
    But we had beautiful weather today. I felt like getting out. So I took the young lady out for supper (dinner salad this time), and we walked home. Felt so good!

The laminate floors? I'd give them a quick wash. Toss a bit of Murphy's in the bucket and it will help bring up a bit of shine. But special weekends are for everyone to enjoy...including the hostess.

So tomorrow is weigh-in day. Trying not to dread that. I've done really well with my calories, etc., so I'm really hoping that I've lost a pound. But if I haven't...maybe next week...
  • cyndeebee
    I just got this in my e-mail from my sister-in-law, and I absolutely had to share it with all of you.
    (I almost wet myself laughing...)

... I finally found my Doctor. Pay attention...

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it. Don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING! Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy? HELLO! Cocoa beans ! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure? A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember: 'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Tomorrow is off day from gym but I am gonna take a good walk at some point. Not much on the agenda. More cleaning and might get ambitious and clean my family room carpet IF i can afford to. THings are pretty tight right now. Ex is being a douche and hasnt paid child support for 3 months now.. so the purse strings are pretty scrawny.. :angry:

douche, I love that word I really do and use it often to describe my husbands ex-wife... About the Child Support, that sucks. My hubby pays it and it comes directly from his paycheck and that makes it nice. We don't have to worry about it and we know it's getting paid. Even though he is considered a Seasonal Worker they adjusted it so it doesn't go behind when he is not working - he pays more but that's okay. It works out in the long run... He also pays it to a Clearing House in AZ that then sends it to her, isn't there a way you can get his checks garnished?

My issue, laminate floors, I hate them, do I wash them before I have the company or do I just dust mop and clean the rest of the house and not be a freak about my floors??? Let the babies have a good time and not worry about people taking off shoes ect.. I seriously have OCD when it comes to a clean house..

Well I am off to surf the web and then get ready for work..

Nita

Cant garnish his paychecks, he is self employed but basically retired now. He has other people working the business for him but we were in business for 10 years together and a year after our divorce he locked me out of it. I spent the next 6 years in Supreme court suing the crap out of him before he finally offered to buy out my interest in the company. He stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from me of which I am just finding out about since he is just now getting around to filing the taxes for the corporation from 2002, 2003 and will have more through 2008 when he purched my stocks. Back to court we go. Its a disaster. All of which could have been avoided if he wasnt such a controling douche. (hence the reason we got divorced after being married for 10 years!)

So.. on the child support issue. No we cant garnish his paycheck, he doesnt get one and basically ignores them. The longest hes gone without paying is 8 months before the prosecuting attorney crawled up his butt. Then he stopped paying it regularly and I got tired of not knowing when I was or wasnt gonna get it. The final straw was in Feb when my daughter told him she needed some stuff for school during his weekend visit. Hte told her "Thats what i pay child support for". Yeah...only he hadnt paid it in 2 months! So I requested a review and they upped it by $552 a month beginning in March. Boy was he mad! He hasnt paid since... not that he paid it regularly before LOL... anyway...at the end of April, the division of child support sent out a bank hit to garnish his bank account. The bank had 20 days to respond and low and behold... this morning my bank showed a deposit for March, April & about 1/3 of May. They wiped his checking account CLEAN! :laugh: :laugh: Serves him right! When a guy sits there in court and tells the judge "oh its not about the money, i just want the kids to be happy" then doesnt pay his child support just to be a butthead.....yeah, it serves him right. Anyway, he has more money than god, just not in that account. Otherwise It woulda been the full amount. It will be 2 more months before they can do it again, unless he starts paying voluntarily. Im actually hoping he bounces a few checks in the meantime just so he gets taught a lesson. I'm :devil: that way.

Im really glad that alot of you guys have good situations with your ex spouses. My kids have been through alot, but are very well adjusted. Ive tried to protect them from alot, but Ive also been honest. Ive always made it very clear that they dont have to choose a side. He's always trying to get them to take his side (move in with him, talk smack about me) but they dont. They just roll thier eyes and tell me they think hes nuts. I dont know why he has to make everything such a big issue. We dont talk much and I only call him when its an urgent situation regarding the kids and school or medical care. If I talk to him more often, he gets really bossy and self righteous. I could go on alllll day, but trust me, ya just dont wanna know all the crap Ive been through dealing with him.

I spent the day shopping with adopt4. Got my youngest some bra's, shirt & pants at Khols. Gonna take them shopping more tomorrow right after school to see if I can find the girls some dresses. They need something cute to wear to thier Opa's 75th birthday party next weekend. Also found out that I am now a 14/16 @ Lane Bryant. WOOHOO!! Down from a size 20. I found a pair of capri's at goodwill which are soooo comfy and the Venezia brand. Got those so I can pass on some of my bottoms to adopt4. I also hit lane bryant and found that they have long sleeve t-shirts on sale for 60% off of $9.99. So I got 3 cute long sleeved t-shirts size 14 for this fall for less than $15. I tried them on and they fit, but will fit looser by the time its time to wear them...and if not...I'll pass them on...they were cheap so figured why not!

OK... laminate wood floors....I have them through 65% of my downstairs Nita, so I know exactly what you mean!! What I do is... if they are really dirty looking, I sweep with my swiffer, then use the swiffer wet on anything icky lookin (dribbles in the kitchen). If I have a house full of people coming, I pretty much do that and thats it. Then, once the party is over, I give it a good washing (& drying) with the laminate floor cleaner and the dry mop. That way it gets shiny and stays looking ok. Dont use murphys on laminate or it will bubble up along the seams. It cant stay wet, but the swiffer stuff dries pretty quick so I havent had any trouble with that. I love the swiffer with the kitties!! It picks up EVERYTHING :wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy? HELLO! Cocoa beans ! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Damn skippy!!!! Gotta haves me my chocolate!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Hey gang!!!! Sorry I have not been checking in - maybe someone should come get my slipper and use it on me!

Cyndeebee - funny stuff! And good for you for the do-it-yourself spirit! You go girl!

Healthymom- I am soooooo proud of your wogging accomplishments! You are my wog-model!:flowerforyou:

Adopt4- LOL - cracking up over your exercise "obsession"! I LOVE how much "fun" you are having ~ good to know that too much of a good thing is still *too much*:bigsmile:

LI4G - Cute kitties - cute kids - you get 'cutes' all the way around. 'Cept for the crappy ex - give me his address, I know people who know people ~ if you get my drift:glasses:

Indiana, Anita, Prayerful, Renay, Jamie - howdy ladies!

DWray - Prayers for a speedy recovery - be kind to yourself - let your little sister take care of you! Sorry no bun in the oven - for everything a season and a purpose. In just a few short weeks you will have a strong, healthy knee - all the better for chasing young-uns someday! Tell Tom T hi from me! lol.:love: Oh, and love the new pic!!!

I miss Sheila too! She must be having a GREAT time!

Kristi - Dang woman - you are a night owl this week! Glad to hear you are feeling so great though!

So, the next 10 days or so, I still won't be around much - I am leaving the dirty South to go to the dusty West. Home to the ranch in Texas for a while. My mother has advanced MS and my step dad had surgery today, so I am going home to help take care of them and the animals and the crops (they call it a garden but it's about an acre! Ugh - that's a crop!) The timing is actually good because it is my nephew's birthday, my aunt's "Kick the Cancer" surprise party (breast, liver and colon cancer- still in treatment), and my neice is graduating high school the 29th. I promise to eat right, and I KNOW I'll get plenty of exercise ~ dang goats:grumble: and various and sundry farm animals:ohwell:

Later gaters,
    lulu:heart:
  • LosingIt4good
    LULU!!! Was gonna PM you and steal your slipper so you'd come around to find it, but low and behold... you are here!!

Thanks for checkin in! Have fun on the ranch!!
  • stillkristi
    Hey gang, how is it going? Cyndi, holy doughnuts! Yer ex is a peach! Listen, I have an idea, in my work, I see mostly felons coming out of federal prison. They are multi-talented. What I am thinking is yer ex needs a visit from the "tax man" and I know him! :glasses: I just reread LuLu's post. looks like we know the same folks!

Lulu, crazy times, its true. Some day I will write a book. :happy: By the way, if I am up late, you are up late times 2!

Cyndee - hysterical! Especially the part about speaking English being the killer.

Well, everyone, what do you suppose Sheila is doing today? Sheila, if you are there, HI, and we wish we were there.

See you on the scales tomorrow! :happy:
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hi,

This week has been really wonderful. School is rapping up niceley and my kids are hanging in there. I 'm looking forward to steeing my own schedual for a little while.

here 's this weeks results:

SW 198, GW 135, CW 178 = 2lbs loss
    I'm no longer obease!!!!!!

I hope you have a great week.
  • cyndeebee
    I can barely move today, so I'll get this over with...

SW: 136
    GW: 115
    Last week...132.2 This week...131.6
    (not quite a pound...oh well)
    BMI: 24.1
  • stillkristi
    Ok, I knew I had a good week, but this is making me think I must check the scales, so take it with a grain of salt.

dwray SW/GW/CW: 275/180/262 loss of 3 lbs since last weigh in
    manda1111SW 198/ GW 135/ CW 178 = 2lbs loss no longer obease!!!!!!
    cyndeebee SW136 / GW 115 / CW: 131.6 lost 1 pound (cyndee, we round up unless its a gain!)
    stillkristi: SW 461 / GW 195 / CW 405 = 14 pound loss. (See, not really possible)

cyndeebee CBMI: 24.1
    stillkristi SBMI 66.1
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    I weighed in but I'm not counting it because I"m "up" 3 pounds. Yeah right! Stupid sodium. I went way over on a couple of days (including yesterday, Mexican food) and then didn't drink my water.

I want to go to the gym!!! GRR!!! Because it's very difficult to eat the cals I"m supposed to on a non workout day... see, there's the truth. I don't work out so much because I love working out - but because I love to eat!!! LOL

I figure I can tack on a few hundred extra cals because I'm going to be super cleaning the house for the party tomorrow. At least that's my goal... didn't do my painting, don't think it's gonna happen. Oh well.

I have to tell you about my little sh*ts.. I mean sons... I came home from shopping yesterday and the house smells of bleach. Uh oh... and the littlest one, his blue shirt is now covered with white spots! WTH??? And he's got a bunch of white spots on the top of his head... Hubby says I thought the shirt was like that before and I can smell the bleach but can't find anything... well eldest son got into the spray bathroom cleaner (with bleach) that I didn't know he could reach and sprayed his brother down good. Thank GOD it didn't burn him or get in his eyes. I spray their bathroom frequently so I had that bottle up high, never thinking any of them could reach it (or would). So bad mama on my part. And then the eldest has the gall to say "he did it himself"... Really, how did that 3 yr old spray his back down with a spray bottle??? They also got his room, so I imagine the carpet is ruined. I changed his sheets (don't care about them) but hoping the carpet isn't ruined. Let's just say eldest son got the business end on his behind... because he does know better, he's very bright. If it had happened 8 mos ago when they first got here, he wouldn't have gotten in trouble.

So part of my duties today is to move EVERYTHING that could possibly be harmful if swallowed (even gel soap) into the locking linen closet where we keep the meds and put the towels, etc elsewhere.

I was mad at hubby for this fiasco (and potential danger) and he said, they were only up there a few mins before I made them come down. I'm like, yeah, they're boys, don't you remember how much trouble you can get into in less than 5 mins??? (My hubby blew up a hill with a stick of dynamite when he was 9. I kid you not. So we have boys... who have, by some unknown magic, his genetics for getting into serious trouble.)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    is there a new thread?
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Hey, is someone gonna start a thread for this week? If not, I guess that cool since I've GAINED weight.:grumble: :angry: