I want ice cream!!!

Options
What's the best ice cream choice that I can make a yummy sundae! I usually buy skinny cow ice cream sandwhiches, but I want an ice cream sundae without doing too much damage.

Ideas?

Replies

• casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Try the Smart Ones frozen desserts. They have a few sundae options. I like the peanut butter one
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had the WW chocolate fudge brownie last night. It was great! 150 calories.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    Bryers has a fat free ice cream that is 90 calories for 1/2 cup and it tastes great!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    1 scoop of vanilla
    1 banana
    a handful of nuts
    and if you need a syrup, something sugar-free

Enjoy!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had Kroger brand slow churned mint chocolate chip last night and probably will have some tonight too. Its 130 calories per serving. Hubby and I decided we would have ice cream every couple months so long as we're both losing steadily.
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    wal mart has a brand called polar treats. only 90 calories and like 2 grams of fat! the best part is its only 2 bucks for a half gallon!!
  • spoiledbmeg
    Options
    weight watchers dessert
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    SoDelicious made from coconut milk....YUMMMMMMY (130 calories in 1/2 cup)

or less yummy, more like sorbet but so low in calories is Artic Zero (150 calories a pint...yes that says pint you can eat the whole thing)
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    blend frozen mango and frozen peach with a banana. Top with fresh blueberries. If you have a hand blender it's so easy. Tastes amazing, is real food, won't kill your calorie allowance. The blueberries "pop" in your mouth. OMG So good. You could also put in a few nuts or dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs) if you like. Iced cream was a problem for me too:)
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana, cocoa, in blender or food processor. good with peanut butter too!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    frozen bananas. On their own. Amazing
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churned is prob the best tasting for a low cal option, personally i'd go with Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Dazs
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    There's some ice creams out there (Dreyers light?) that's 90 calories per 1/2 cup. Skinny cow is also a good idea. I've also heard of some people freezing those little 60 calorie pudding cups and using it as ice cream. I decided to try it once and froze a vanilla pudding cup and using it as my ice cream in a root beer float w/ diet root beer... personally I couldn't finish it. I didn't think it was worth even the low calories. Pudding just doesn't freeze right lol

Tonight I plan on making some protein ice cream, using the chocolate Powerbar ProteinPlus Powder I got a few days ago. Surprisingly, the powder (when mixed with fat free milk) tastes pretty darn good, and I'm SUPER picky about protein powders. I'm not the type to just suck it up and drink it, it must taste good for me to feel it's worth the calories, otherwise I'm better off eating 8oz of chicken lol

Anyways, maybe you should consider some protein ice cream? I know it might not sound very good to some people, but it might also be worth a shot for when those cravings get to you!

I'm gonna try:
    1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla jello pudding mix
    1.5 scoops protein powder
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 cup unsweetend vanilla almond breeze almond milk (I might actually use coconut milk instead)
    3 ice cubes
    Splash of water if its not blending enough
    Blend and put in ice cream maker, or just blend and freeze for 2 hours.

There's a ton of others out there too, but I may try this one tonight. With hot fudge LOL

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If you want ice cream and syrup, you may do more damage by trying to find substitutes. Sometimes, only the real thing will do it. You could always do a bit of extra cardio and swing by an ice cream place for a small sundae.
  • mjsmith1223
    Options
    I usually do something like an entire chopped banana into a coffee mug, a scoop of ice cream, then some other seasonal fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc) or frozen fruit on top. A squirt of chocolate sauce and I'm good to go. Not an everyday thing, but for a once in a while treat I like it. Using a coffee mug limits how much I can get in there. Kind of a dummy's way to control portion size without having to think about it.

I really like the idea of blending the frozen mango and peach with banana. It sounds really good. I do throw my dark bananas in the freezer and every so often I'll get them out and whip them. Kind of like banana flavored ice cream without the fat.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Check out Dryers Slow Churned (they have 1/2 fat and 1/3 fewer calories). They also have a ton of flavors: http://dreyers.slowchurned.com/flavorlisting.aspx?b=112
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I eat the Smart ones desserts (Favorite is the cookie dough sundae) or Skinnycow ice cream. (Favorite is the strawberry cheesecake (:
  • ptoleary
    Options
    Try walden farms syrups with ice cream good stuff
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    If you want ice cream and syrup, you may do more damage by trying to find substitutes. Sometimes, only the real thing will do it. You could always do a bit of extra cardio and swing by an ice cream place for a small sundae.

my thoughts exactly!
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Try the Smart Ones frozen desserts. They have a few sundae options. I like the peanut butter one
    These are very good!