5' 8" Whats your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• marilu3
    marilu3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Yes, I'm about 5'8 -5'9 (haven't measured since high school) and though I had a SW of 225, I'm going for 155. Looking forward to really and truly making this the thing that WORKS for me. After a week or so with MFP,. I'm still feeling pretty empowered and excited about this site--really helpful and great for keeping on track. I'm 43 yrs old with a busy but awesome family--3 kids, and 80 lb chocolate lab (the only chocolate I'm letting myself enjoy these days!!) and a wonderful hubbie. I agree.. seems so much harder to lose this weight in my 40's. Wow--compared to 20 yrs ago, when I'd just decide to drop a few and then it'd happen.
    So 155 here I come. I can't even really imagine it yet.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm at 170 and at my original goal and in a healthy Bmi range, but my goals have changed now and plan to build muscle and tighten up around the edges. Winter I'll stay at this weight range summer I'll try to get down to 160 to see how it feels.
  • Jeuberry
    Options
    I'm 5'11 - CW is 206, GW is 165. I was 150 at one point but was way too boney for my liking.
  • dcarreno
    Options
    not to wait anymore!! :tongue:
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' tall. My current weight is 250, and I'd like to be down to 175. I have a very large frame, so anything below 160 or so looks very unhealthy on me.

I'm a curvey girl (woman 51) too, so if I got down to 170 I'd be ecstatic!
  • Poy_Ella
    Options
    126lbs. :)
  • marilu3
    marilu3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are where I hope to be one of these days :):happy:
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    I have two kids under two..and was at 160. I'm 5'8, and I'm at 155 now. My goal is 140, but eventually get down to 135. I was 130 per kids but it was a bit too tiny for me. I was about a 4/5... I like to be a bit curvier, so 135 will be perfect! That way I can fluctuate between 135-138 :)
    I'm medium framed.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I would always suggest the middle lower end of the BMI range for healthy adults: between 126 and 135 - depending of your body fat percentages and lean body mass.

I am not one of those scale deists; body fat is a much more telling measurement.
    You can find yours here for free:
    Body Fat
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

According to this I should weight about 163. That was very informative, thanks for posting the link!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7. My first goal weight was 145, and I looked fine when I reached there, but I continued on to reach 135. I'm super happy here, and will be trying to maintain this number. :)
  • vsjohns37
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and i'm at 172 right now. My goal is to be anywhere between 160 - 165... Due to my larger frame anything less than that makes me look and feel unhealthy,
    This is also my ultimate goal!:happy:
  • Chevitz
    Chevitz Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm a hair over 5'8" & currently weigh 149.5. I want to hit 140, then ultimately 135 - 137 to have some wiggle room. I'm "average" boned and anything under 135 seems pretty slight for me. My cheekbones start to stick out a lot and I tend to look gaunt below 135.
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    SkinnyGirlFatBody Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and a smidgen and my goal weight is to be 130lbs
  • itsawarinthere
    itsawarinthere Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 208 now. I just had my 3rd baby a few months ago, and when I had him I was 230. Pre-pregnancy I was 180.

My goal is 160.
  • kimberliekay1987
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and a few years ago I was like somewhere between 120-130 and that was a comfortable weight for me.
  • brendaalandry
    brendaalandry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 162, I just had a baby 3 weeks ago. Goal weight is 140. I've been down to 133 but had to starve and wasn't feeling good below 137. 137-142 is thin and healthy for me.
  • oliviaseward
    oliviaseward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7 my goal weight is 130-135 im 163 right now
  • karrismum
    karrismum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is a useful tool.... though the range is very wide... good luck! http://www.weightwatchers.com/health/asm/calc_healthyweight.aspx

or

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

basically these are based on BMI... you want to be below 25 :-)
  • godiva99
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and i'm at 172 right now. My goal is to be anywhere between 160 - 165... Due to my larger frame anything less than that makes me look and feel unhealthy,

I'm currently 183 and 5.7" and aiming for 160, possibly 155..however, last time I made it down to 155 5 yrs ago, I was constantly told I looked sick! Mind you, I was 150 when I got married and looked just fine!

But I have two daughters now, I'm 35 and I'd be happy and comfortable at 160 with my frame.
  • godiva99
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 162, I just had a baby 3 weeks ago. Goal weight is 140. I've been down to 133 but had to starve and wasn't feeling good below 137. 137-142 is thin and healthy for me.

Breastfeeding will help you loose more weight too. Congratulations :_)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!