Replies

• tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Dumbest thing ever. :noway:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It's the same principal as chew your food at least 100 times each bite but in a slower motion.
    Just put a hersey kisses in your month and let it melt on it's own.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a piece of dark chocolate since it has health benefits and just enjoy it.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    To be honest, it makes me gag to even think about it. Once you have licked it a couple of times, the mesh will become sodden with your own saliva, which then seeps onto the food you're trying to eat, making it a mush of spit and chocolate which you then want to such up? Ugh, no thank you, that's enough in itself to put me off eating. Full stop. The same result can be achieved through a sweaty sock!

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!!!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    LOL - Their website says, "Skinny Pods' unique micro-pore matrix increases the surface area of food in your mouth by more than a thousand-fold, fully satisfying you with far fewer calories."

Not sure how these things give you "far fewer calories" if you still eat the whole thing of whatever. It just makes it last longer?
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Stupid. It's a soother. A grown up's nuk.
  • anshaw03
    anshaw03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bizarre.
    I like the pics of cutting a twinkie in half and putting one in the bag. So now I have an open package with half a twinkie left over. Know what I would do with the other half? EAT IT.
    And the pics of the hersey kisses. So I am supposed to peel the foil off and not pop one in my mouth. I don't think so.

This is EXACTLY what I thought. If I'm going to have to fraction my cupcake down, what am I going to do with it? Also, can't you just imagine trying to do this out in public? "Oh, I'm sorry-Please hold on while I cut this into a sliver of what you gave me then suck crazily at my fake ice cream cone."
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh so hard! It's like a kong toy for people!

IMG_17581-520x390.jpg
  • ohkaity
    ohkaity Posts: 18
    Options
    I need a video of someone attempting to use this. Right now. It will make my day.
  • kimbertba
    Options
    This is the exact same "tool" they use for babies with food aversions...so they can start working them into actually eating real food...seems kinda gross...you just basically "gum" the flavor out of whatever you put into the mesh screen. YUCK!
  • snowfox92
    snowfox92 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    this is completely idiotic and is pretty much an advertisement for anorexia
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    I am laughing because some genius is sitting making tons of money selling skinny pods.Screw working, I'm selling fat-free water from now on. I'm gonna be rich!

*smile* Right on!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnypods.com/common-questions.html#question-12

'Take the Skinny Pod containing the kisses or gummi bears into your mouth. Roll them around with your tongue, and enjoy the flavor. Suck, swish, but don't chew. Continue for at least 15 minutes'

Mmmm - this sounds a bit questionable? :embarassed:
  • snowfox92
    snowfox92 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    why not just keep a chocolate kiss in your mouth until it melts if this is the entire case? or a gummy or whatever you're craving?
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Oh wow - I am SO envisioning a late night comedy skit with these things!! Chevy Chase, Steve Martin and Robin Williams would absolutely hit this one out of the ballpark!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Dumbest thing ever. :noway:

Agreed!!!!
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    thats basically selling chew/spit eating disorder!!! Can you say ulcers?!?! um, if I want cake I want to be able to EAT it! not just lick it. these people are probably going to get some lawsuits in a couple years because their product gave users health problems, just like chew/spit:noway:
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    thats basically selling chew/spit eating disorder!!! Can you say ulcers?!?! um, if I want cake I want to be able to EAT it! not just lick it. these people are probably going to get some lawsuits in a couple years because their product gave users health problems, just like chew/spit:noway:

I can just see some dumb@$$ swallowing the mesh thingy or getting pieces of it down them and suing... Yep... ITs gonna happen...
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen! And this from someone who watched an inordinate amount of QVC as a child (it was the only station my crappy tv reliably got in my bedroom)
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think I would actually cry in frustration and throw this cone around if trying to get a piece of chocolate out of this thing and why does it have to be pink anyway?

Its "lavender" ;)

Because that is so much better than pink.........