I AM STARVING

Options
Hi everyone. Just wondering what you guys munch on when for absolutely no reason you are starving! I had breakfast and lunch, then snacked on about a half cup of steamed broccoli rabe, then a peice of toast with a babybel cheese on it, and I am still ravenous! Any ideas for some low-cal filling snacks?? Much appreciated.

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    carrot & celery sticks?
    Raw veggies such as cucumber, mushroom, tomato, etc?
  • SandyMilton
    Options
    Keep some almonds with you. I eat about 14 of them and drink a good size glass of water. They will help take the edge off :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Almonds are good for me too. Try some higher protein options. Boiled egg, greek yogurt, healthy peanut butter-- just a small amount can go a long way. I noticed you are new-- are you sure your calorie goal is high enough for you? You don't want to be starving; it makes keeping with it much harder.

(get the unsalted almonds-- they are still very yummy and much less sodium)
  • ellieblueberry
    ellieblueberry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie Kettle Corn popcorn. Super good and filling. And drink lots of water!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    One of my secret weapons that seem to work well for me is... I like to microwave a whole package of turkey bacon until it's super crunchy, then break it up into smaller pieces and carry it around in my purse, so that when the hunger strikes I'll have a somewhat decent protein snack to turn to, and that usually curbs my hunger for awhile. While it is pretty high in sodium (it IS processed after all), it's a good source of protein and pretty low in calories. And it's DELICIOUS!

I also turn to fruits (berries) and veggies, and sometimes (another high sodium thing) pickles. With lots of water. =)

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    A plain old tossed salad; Romaine lettuce, tomato, celery, cucumber. With a tablespoon of low cal salad dressing.
  • sidneycat9
    Options
    my go-to is jello sugar free 10 calorie cups... if its really bad a special k protein bar definately takes the edge off but its over 100 calories :-(
  • nancytaylorsmith
    Options
    Definitely try to incorporate protein into snacks (greek yogurt with fresh fruit is very good or even some Kashi cereal - high fiber and protein or veggies with hummus...)- can really help you to feel full. The first week or two can be hard too as your body is adjusting to lower fat choices. Let's face it- nothing like a belly full of fat to make you feel full (and bloated...and sick!) (: Also- I was told by a nutritionist that sometimes your body can mistake thirst for hunger...try a large glass of water and wait 20mins....might be just what you needed! (:
    Stick with it- it gets easier!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I have found eat a well balance die has help me a lot. i am on the Mayo Clinic diet The real Mc Coy one.I get at least 4 servings of veggies, 3 vervings of fruit a day More of each if needed, . 4 grains a day , 3 serving of good fat a day. 3 servings of protein which includes Low fat dairy I stay full and satisfied on this plan Also tou can have 75 calories treat a day. Which I have not had to used yet.

What diet are you on.?

Caliecat
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Drink more water.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Veggies and a hot drink (usually tea or coffee).
  • PeggysDad
    PeggysDad Posts: 105
    Options
    0% fat greek yoghurt, filling and 15 grams of protein for a little over 100 calories.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms are freakishly low in calories. I eat cox apples as they are only 35 to 40 cals each. Or drink endless cups of tea.
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I drink more water... but if that fails, I munch on some almonds or pistachios. Not too many, but enough to keep me satiated until my next meal. Just remember to log whatever you decide to munch on. :smile:
  • BooLives82
    BooLives82 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I am eating more often, but less amounts and I feel like I am hungry all the time.
    I find that if I am getting hungry, I will eat a Cutie (Clementine). They are 50 calories, but they are a great snack and the natural sugars make me less hungry.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    sugar-free jello
    Progresso Light soups
    hot tea (decaf)
    coffee
    Edamame Beans (frozen packs that you can throw in the microwave)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! It's low cal and will fill you up! 2 tbsp of unpopped kernals + some powdered cheese, I usually put some brewere's yeast on it, and voila - you will FILL UP and it will be max 125 cals! :)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! It's low cal and will fill you up! 2 tbsp of unpopped kernals + some powdered cheese, I usually put some brewere's yeast on it, and voila - you will FILL UP and it will be max 125 cals! :)

Ooh! I haven't had popcorn in too long.I love mine with a sprinkle of parm cheese and chili powder. Yummers! Thanks for reminding me what a great snack this is!
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I know a half cup of greek yogurt is around 80-100 calories depending on the brand you get. It's so filling and delicious!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just wondering what you guys munch on when for absolutely no reason you are starving! I had breakfast and lunch, then snacked on about a half cup of steamed broccoli rabe, then a peice of toast with a babybel cheese on it, and I am still ravenous! Any ideas for some low-cal filling snacks?? Much appreciated.
    What id you eat for breakfast and lunch?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition