1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
    2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
    1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
    3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
    sour cream (optional)
    crushed tortilla chips (optional)

Directions

Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
    Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
  • jublum
    Options
    I AM GONNA KEEP THIS ONE SOUNDS DELICIOUS!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DancinBear63
    DancinBear63 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nuzland1
    nuzland1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    15 oz Cut Italian Beans
    15 oz canned Italian style stewed tomatoes
    8 oz italian tomato sauce
    15 oz canned italian-style zucchini
    15 oz canned peas and carrots, solids and liquids
    12 oz Swanson Premium White & Dark Chunk Chicken In Water
    45 oz fat-free chicken broth, or you can substitute water
    Instructions
    Combine all ingredients in crock pot, set to low. In 3 hours you'll have a wonderful soup
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    cumin and sweet potato soup
    Ingredients

2 tbsp olive oil
    4oz onions (sliced)
    4oz leeks (sliced)
    4oz celery (sliced)
    1 ½ pints chicken stock
    1oz flour
     ground cumin
     seasoning
    ¼ pint sour cream

Method
    1. Fry the sweet potato and vegetables in the oil for 5-6mins.

2. Add the flour and cumin powder, then gradually add the chicken stock.

3. Simmer for 6-8mins until the sweet potato is tender.

4. Blend the soup in a food processor.

5. Season to taste and serve with the sour cream and chives.
     chives
    1 ¼ sweet potato (peeled and diced)

I love this soup :)
  • TriciaLB
    Options
    I love this spicy pumpkin bisque - I skip the cream to make it healthy

http://homecooking.about.com/od/soups/r/blss8.htm

(For some reason it's not letting me post a hot link - just copy and paste into your browser. It's worth it). :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    This soup is awesome with some alterations: http://www.dairygoodness.ca/recipes/fiesta-chicken-soup

You can do any of the following to lighten it/make it healthier:
    Omit the butter and use spray.
    Add additional veggies, like green beans or whatever else you have. We also add fresh chopped jalapenos.
    Use no-salt added chicken broth and skim or 1% milk.
    Bake your own tortilla chips by cutting real, fresh corn tortillas into strips and baking them until they're crispy.
    Omit the cheese - We never use it and it's still awesome.
    Serve with avocado and homemade pico - Yum!

I also love this asian Hot & Sour Soup recipe - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/150100-hot-sour-soup

And this Split Pea soup, which we make at least a few times a month - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357803-traditional-ish-split-pea-soup?

I will post more if I think of any in the next few days... Bumping for other suggestions as well! :bigsmile:
  • RobynAragon
    Options
    If you go to FOODNETWORK.COM and look for soups from Giada DeLaurentiis, hers are very healthy. A couple of my favorites are Chicken and Artichoke Spezzatino and Beef and Butternut Squash Stew with sundried tomatoes. Also try Ellie Kreiger from Healthy Eating I have found soups are a great tool to lose weight.
  • Marylynn83
    Marylynn83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :love:BUMP!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I just made the Jamaican red bean soup for lunch today - used black beans due to an aversion to kidney beans by one of my children. Put it in the crockpot on high - it was finished in 1 1/2 hours. It was amazing. Thank you for the recipe!
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I did a wicked soup last week, my kid loved.
    A few Carrots
    1 onion
    2 garlic clove
    Fresh Ginger
    stock cubes
    more salt and pepper to taste after blending
    few cashews ( use in soup if you want a cream soup without the creme!
    hand full of red lentils

~ fry onion and ginger, then garlic.
    ~ add a pile of water, add stock cube = bring to boil
    ~ add carrots and lentils and simmer, till a bit soft
    ~ Blitzt it in food processor.
    ( I was thinking to add some coconut next time too)
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is the recipe my Grandma Rose used with one major change.... she would start with a fresh chicken and boil it and clean the water and boil it again.... WAY too much work for me! When I got her recipe, I began using a precooked rotisserie style chicken and this soup still is awesome!

Put the whole Rotisserie cooked chicken in a pot. Fill the pot with water. Put on to boil or simmer (depending on how much time you have). After a while, take the chicken out of the pot and put it aside. You will later remove the chicken from the bones and throw it in in small pieces to the soup.

Add to the water in the pot (and a lot of this is to taste, sorry!).... diced onion, celery, and carrots. (We buy them pre-diced.... yes I am that lazy). You also want to peel and slice a parsnip for sweetness.

Now the tricky part. You have to find Herb-Ox low sodium chicken and beef bouillion and add it. I can only get it in the single packages inside a box and I probably use 5 boxes on a big stockpot of soup.... 4 chicken and 1 beef. Then you add pepper (we prefer garlic pepper in my house) to taste. That's is. Really. And it's good. Really. :happy:
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    soup is the easiest thing to make..... you can make whatever combo you want.... just put organic low sodium stock and add what-ever you want.... so so easy .... who eats can soups.... grose......
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    bump!
  • shoulderpads87
    Options
    I love love love making soup. I take soup with me nearly every day for my lunch at work. And it's so good because most soups are easy to freeze.

My favourite at the minute is butternut squash and red pepper.

1 butternut squash (peeled, deseeded and chopped)
    2 red peppers (deceeded and chopped)
    1 white onion (diced)
    2 veg stock cubes
    salt and pepper

Stick everything in a pan, cover with water and bring to the boil, I normally leave it for about 20-25 minutes until the squash is nice and soft. Drain but retain the liquid. Blend the veg with a hand blender and add in the retained liquid until it reaches the consistancy you want. That's it.

I also put any left over liquid in a bag and freeze it so I can use it in other soups for added flavour.
  • waascal
    waascal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to try this--it will be my first time eating butternut squash.
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump