5'6 ideal goal weight?

Options

Replies

• steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2, my goal is 135. I'm almost at my goal my current weight is 136.2.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is around 120. I've been everything from 103 (waaaaay too skinny) to 137 (after the birth of my son). I'm at 126 right now and feeling really healthy and amazing. Even if I don't lose any more weight,I'm really happy where I'm at right now.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    It all depends on your build. My SIL is 5'6 and looks great at 115-120(small frame) she is actually in my profile pic with me - I'm 5'6 and look terrible below 130(medium frame) - bones start sticking out and thats when I start hearing the "you're too skinny" remarks. Set your goal where you feel comfortable. You'll know when you get there :)
  • thebags
    thebags Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    At 5'8" I am shooting for 185 ... if I'm not happy with that weight when I achieve it I will then set an even lower goal ... baby steps ... one day at a time ... a goal can always be changed if you don't like it when you get there ... the key is to set goals and then work toward them and never give up.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Looking to get down to 160 then we will see.:bigsmile:
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I am aiming for 135, but it will probably change when I get that low, since I have never been that low at this height, so I'm not sure what is do-able and what will look good for me. Plus, I have heard a lot of people saying if you have been bigger for a while, you have more muscle from carrying around all that weight than a smaller person would, so in order to reach the lower goals, you would have to lose muscle weight too, so I will see when I get there.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    My happy range is 150-155.......I am aiming to reduce bodyfat to 22%.....currently at 24.5
    I am 5' 6.5"

Edited to add I am a size 6-8
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 5 1/2. My goal is to hit 150, however, when I was at 145 (10 years ago), I was very pleased with how I looked.

The right number, I think, all depends on things like your individual build and amount of muscle.

I find it interesting how sizes vary. When I get down to 145, i will probably wear a 10 in pants. I have a pear shape, yet others with an apple or other shape would wear a much smaller pant size.

I always get irritated with the infomercials that say, I was a 14 and now I'm a size 2. Well, no way could I ever be a size 2, as my hips would not allow it! But a size 10 for me is truly "perfect".
  • ShellSwaine
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a little shorter at 5'3'' and am aiming for 145 and I'm currently 164. I don't want to go too far as I'll lose my boobs and bum....I don't want to be sickly thin. I simply want to tone up and lose my tubby stomach as well as improve my intake of far healthier organic food :) I'm currently a UK size 12 but would like to be a UK size 10 ready for the summer. Good luck everyone!
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am that height and when I met my husband 7 years ago I was 140lbs and looked great. I would love to be that weight again. But I would be satisfied with between 150-160lbs. I have big boobs and curves so I think I can still look good at that weight as long as I am toned. That is my realistic goal. I got a ways to go :(
  • Jillian2128
    Jillian2128 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 145, which I was once upon a time....and I was a size nine then, so I'm a little jealous of the people that have been that weight and were size 4's & 6's haha
  • kegonzales
    Options
    I am shooting for 150-155lbs. I want a weight that isn't difficult to maintain. I am quite muscular too.
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options
    I am 5'6, my ultimate goal weight is 125, but I am aiming for 130 right now. no rush
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 140lb but if I get to 150 and I feel and look good then I'll probably stop there. I'm playing it by ear. Previously I looked too skinny if I went below 135 because I was very lean. We'll see how it goes!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    150 as well - that is the lowest I have ever been though, and I was happy there. When I was 150 I was a size 9/10. I have a feeling with my body frame etc, 135 (for ex) would be on the verge of being skinny looking, and I don't want that.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my best weight was about 3-4 weeks post partum with my first child. I was between 130 and 135. I have set my goal weight at 130, but am happy just losing inches even if I don't lose weight. I am currently 145 and have the horrible "mom bib" because of my last 2 pregnancies that ended with big babies and c-sections. I will be happy when that goes away!
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think much depends on the size of your frame- no chart can tell you what a healthy weight is for you. Last time I lost weight I ended up at 132- but I don't know if that's realistic- I'm older :) and I think you naturally come to a stopping point. I'm trying to do it in a few separate goals. 170 then 150. Then we'll see from there. A size 10 pants and 8 dress is a good marker for me. Blessings!
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We can do this! Praying you are encouraged today :)
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My goal is 155. I have a large frame and a lot of muscle, so I think that once I get down to 155 I'll be at about 20% body fat - so I don't really want to get any lower than that!
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am a very heavy set 5' 6" frame. At my fittest at 15, and an athlete I weighed 140 lbs. I think 190lbs with no body fat would be perfect, but would go for 170lbs as the ultimate goal.