When should I eat breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Eat breakfast within the hour you get up out of bed.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    42 o'clock.
    Thank you.
    The answer 42 remains correct as breakfast, especially the one pictured, is life and therefore the answer to life will guide you to breakfast.
    OMFG did you see the shiny grease and the luxurious pool of syrup?

PS Congrats on your weight loss *points to avatar pic* Awesome.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Of course everyone's body is different, as is everyone's schedule. The "hour of sleep" is a time your body slows down, including your metabolism. As far as when you should eat, listen to your body. It will let you know when it needs food, but pay close attention because that same signal will also be for the need of water and other nutrition (aka water, fats ((yes, your body needs good fats)) and minerals) **google and read "the silent killer" (good and bad fats) - 6-8 small meals is best, small meals consisting of a good carb (fruits/whole grains) and a good protein. example: boiled egg/apple. You'll find if you eat a higher amount of lean protein the hunger pains do not come very often. Also if you take a supplement of fish oil (3,000mg a day) your body will not crave sweets/fatty foods. Try it a week, only you can tell if it works for you.
  • crystal479
    crystal479 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    just listen to your body if your hungry eat if not dont
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I try to eat breakfast within an hour or two of getting up and on my busy mornings sometimes that just means some plain greek yogurt with honey and eating it over the course of an hour with a couple bites here and there then so be it.
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    as long as you eat it before 10am, you'll be fine. if you eat it after 11am, you're body think's you are eating lunch, so it metabolizes the food differently. DO NOT eat between 10am and 11am. your body will have no idea what meal it is eating, and just convert the food into fat. trust me on this. i'm a bro.

Explain. How exactly does your body know it is suddenly lunchtime? I find it hard to believe it differentiates what foods with which time?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    as long as you eat it before 10am, you'll be fine. if you eat it after 11am, you're body think's you are eating lunch, so it metabolizes the food differently. DO NOT eat between 10am and 11am. your body will have no idea what meal it is eating, and just convert the food into fat. trust me on this. i'm a bro.

Explain. How exactly does your body know it is suddenly lunchtime? I find it hard to believe it differentiates what foods with which time?

haven't you been paying any attention??
  • I eat every three hours...and my first meal occurs when I'm hungry. If I'm hungry the second I get up then I eat then...if it takes longer for me to get hungry then I wait, make myself a cup of coffee etc and eat later. Just listen to your body.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have a question about breakfast. I normally am up early, between 6:30 and 7 getting breakfast ready for the kiddos and taking care of my 8 month old. I normally drink a couple glasses of water and a couple cups of coffee between then and about 9:30. It's normally 10 by the time that I make my breakfast. I could eat earlier if I was only going to make a quick bowl of cereal, but I've found that even the 'diet' cereals aren't good for my diet b/c of the sugar in it and the milk. So here's my question, is it ok for my metabolism to be eating breakfast so late? It might not matter the time I guess, but I do believe breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Any advice would be great!!
    On cardio days I eat an hour after completing my workout - 730am.
    And on resistance days I sleep in and eat at 730 am.

And then I eat again at 10am - BRUNCH!
    I like the way an early breakfast gets my body pumping and digestion system up and running.

I'd suggest you eat something a bit early. And just to let you know, I used to be one of those breakfast skippers-lol
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't determine anything on what time of day it is. Today I got up around 10am and didnt eat til about an hour or so ago, had lunch instead. But when I woke up I didnt feel hungry. I would just eat when you feel hungry, and try not to eat anything 2 hours prior to going to bed. Just sayin
  • LizCabrera
    LizCabrera Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't believe eating breakfast is a metabolic myth. I believe it gets your body started in the right direction. If you wait to eat when your hungry you'll eat more than you should. Just my opinion.

I eat every 3 hours, therefore usually have two breakfasts since I'm up at 430 or 5am to get to the gym. My first breakfast is a banana before workout and a protein shake after workout. 2-3 hours later I have my second breakfast which usually includes egg whites, whole grain toast, a veggie or fruit with 1/2 cup of 100% OJ.

If i were to skip my second breakfast, I would be starving and I would hit a burger joint for lunch causing my body to store more fat because I let it starve waiting for the next meal....
  • Zakiya9136
    Options
    Hi,

Breakfast should be eaten an hour after you wake up.

I hope this helps :-)
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Eat within 30 minutes of waking, your body has been starving all night and it will feed off muscle. Since muscle eats body fat the more muscle you can preserve the faster you'll reach your goal. Studies show that eating breakfast reduces cravings later in the day.

Links?
    Especially for the 'feed off muscle' bit.

As a bit of bro science for you, if I eat breakfast within 30 minutes of getting up I am so hungry by lunch time I make really bad food choices. I will eat anything as soon as I can. If I delay breakfast I can control my cravings.

It's all about you and what works for you. If breakfast does something for you eat it. if it doesn't don't. Simple as.

^This^ Yes. Me too. My first meal is around 11. If I try to eat before then, I feel sick. Then I'm starving before lunch and over eat. Your body is a perfectly designed UNIQUE machine. I've tried to force myself to eat breakfast because people told me I would lose weight - You know, it would "rev" up my metabolism. I gained 5 pounds in a month. So. No.
  • dancing_cat
    dancing_cat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the individual, personally I find if I get up at 5am and have breakfast around 6-7am then I'll be starving by 9:30am and end up having a 2nd breakfast and STILL have lunch at 1pm (and eat an evening meal). Whereas if I delay having breakfast until 9am (4 hours after waking) despite getting up at 5am and just have coffee then I can survive until lunchtime without snacking.

Effectively if I have breakfast within an hour of waking I end up eating an extra meal! Everyone is different!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

LOL!!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options

Studies have shown that your stomach actually changes shape at breakfast time to accommodate an average sized piece of toast, then it changes back to a rounder shape in time for lunch. Trying to get a piece of toast into a lunch shaped stomach can lead to indigestion, and eating the wrong meal for the shape of your stomach is what causes a lot of trouble with jetlag. *nods*
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    You should prepare your breakfast the night before and leave it on your nightstand. That way you'll do a minimal amount of movement to get to your meal. Maybe blend the food if you can, and just suck it through a straw so you don't even have to sit up. If you wait more than five minutes before breakfast you can actually watch the food transform into jiggly fat on your thighs. Then you can film that phenomenon and put it on YouTube.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    You should prepare your breakfast the night before and leave it on your nightstand. That way you'll do a minimal amount of movement to get to your meal. Maybe blend the food if you can, and just suck it through a straw so you don't even have to sit up. If you wait more than five minutes before breakfast you can actually watch the food transform into jiggly fat on your thighs. Then you can film that phenomenon and put it on YouTube.

eating while laying down has been proven to be the worst thing you could do. They agree. they said so.
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    God, some of you people are so rude.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    God, some of you people are so rude.
    tumblr_lxcsd0kQ3E1qm9dy8.jpg