Down nearly 50 with pic!

Options
Ive been on MFP for a year and its been touch and go lol but since Nov Ive really kicked it in gear. I always come here when I need a dose of inspiration, and hopefully I can inspire someone else with this post!

I am now 5'6, 222 lbs. Im 37% Body fat, and have another 40-45 to go before I will be within body fat regulations to join the military.
Im so excited because I have never been this close to having my dream become a reality.
Please dont quit... no matter how hard it is, I promise regret hurts worse than any workout routine.

50down.jpg

Replies

• myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg...As your friend, I'm a witness to your hard work and discipline that you've put in over the last several months. Keep those goals in front of you because you ARE going to reach them. I'm so proud of you! You'll be able to enlist before you know it! You're lookin' great!
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • aeboone24
    Options
    WAy TO GO!!!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Way to go Meg! You are a total inspriation. What kind of exercising are you doing to get ready for boot camp?

Sharon from MA
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow, you can really see the changes to your body shape - well done on such a huge loss :)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    thats quite a transformation! keep it up
  • Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I am on the elliptical and treadmill almost everyday, and I do lots of situps and pushups. Im focusing on all things needed to help me make it through bootcamp.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Wow, great work! I see a huge difference in your legs and midsection! Your hard work and dedication are paying off! Woohoo!
  • Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg...As your friend, I'm a witness to your hard work and discipline that you've put in over the last several months. Keep those goals in front of you because you ARE going to reach them. I'm so proud of you! You'll be able to enlist before you know it! You're lookin' great!

Youve been one of my biggest inspirations and my biggest cheerleader <3 Youve set a wonderful example for me and Ill forever be grateful for you!
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You'll be there in no time.

I joined the military right after high school (years ago.....) and I wasn't fat but I was overweight according to their standards. I remember being in line for breakfast/lunch/dinner and if you were overweight, you had to jog in place through the whole line - it was so embarrassing and I hated it.

I wish you the best of luck!
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you look great! you can really see the difference in your chest, waist and legs. beautiful!~
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You look great and couldn't have stated it better:
    "regret hurts worse than any workout ever will"

If I just started back in 2005, I would have been at my goal weight for over 5 years already... instead I'm sitting here regretting all the missed time.

Keep up the good work!
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!! Such a motivator!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you are doing so well for yourself congrats on getting this far and I wish you all the best
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Looking GREAT Meg! I can't believe how much you've lost in your waist. Your dedication and drive is an inspiration to a lot of people here. Keep up the good work!
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    you look great. keep up the nice work.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Youve been one of my biggest inspirations and my biggest cheerleader <3 Youve set a wonderful example for me and Ill forever be grateful for you!

I'm happy to be your friend too...it's a mutual thing! ;-)

"So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
  • Mlehew
    Mlehew Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looking at the earlier pic and the later one, your progress is remarkable. You are working hard, looking good and we're all happy for you. Keep up the good work as it really shows. :)

Michael
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You're looking great!! You are working so hard for this and you help inspire me!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!