SOUP RECIPES WANTED

Options

Replies

• jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So many of these dishes look delicious! Thanks everyone!:happy: I'm a big soup lover and it's hard to find healthy soups.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Soup

Leftover buffalo chicken
    1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis, mild or regular
    3 ears of mini corn
    1/4c. brown rice
    1 can of chicken broth (swansons 98% FF is good)

Mix together in a pot and boil until rice is done. Add more hot sauce if you like a lil kick. I put about 1/4 cup more on top because Imma hot mama. :D

Buffalo chicken recipe (for newbs)

boneless skinless chicken breasts
    ranch dressing mix
    cream cheese
    hot sauce

Toss ingredients in a crockpot for about 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 low....

This is IS SOOOOOOOOO good and warms you right up on those frosty winter days.

Cal counts are for a FULL cereal bowl (think corelle) of soup

cals: 377 carbs: 17 fat: 25
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Soup

Leftover buffalo chicken
    1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis, mild or regular
    3 ears of mini corn
    1/4c. brown rice
    1 can of chicken broth (swansons 98% FF is good)

Mix together in a pot and boil until rice is done. Add more hot sauce if you like a lil kick. I put about 1/4 cup more on top because Imma hot mama. :D

Buffalo chicken recipe (for newbs)

boneless skinless chicken breasts
    ranch dressing mix
    cream cheese
    hot sauce

Toss ingredients in a crockpot for about 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 low....

This is IS SOOOOOOOOO good and warms you right up on those frosty winter days.

Cal counts are for a FULL cereal bowl (think corelle) of soup

cals: 377 carbs: 17 fat: 25

Probably a dumb question but do you remove the corn from the cob to make the soup? Soup sounds yummy just need details on the corn, LOL!
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    yes, I run water over the cob to get it just thawed enough for a smooth cutting of kernals, but still frozen enough to stay together when being cut....... its easier to transfer to the pot that way....

Oh, and my disclaimer on this is, it LOOKS nasty and unappealing, but TRUST me the flavor is.... there is not a word thought up yet for how good this is!
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thank you can't wait to try!

PS on the Buffalo Chicken part it says Ranch dressing Mix, do you make it like instructions on packet mix or just use the mix packet? Sorry, don't make new reciepes much, LOL!
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    here is a site I use ALL the time this is just one of the soupshttp://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/lentil-and-chicken-soup-3-pts.html
    Lentil And Chicken Soup - 3 pts

Lentil And Chicken Soup
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups • Points: 2 pts
    Calories: 126.3 • Fat: 0.8 g • Protein: 15.8 g • Carb: 14.1 g • Fiber: 5.0 g

1 lb dried lentils
    3 small chicken breast halves on the bone, skin and fat removed
    2 chicken bullion (I like Maggi)
    1 small onion
    4 scallions
    3 cloves garlic
    1 tomato
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
    8 cups water

In a large pot
    combine lentils, chicken, water and chicken bullion.
    Boil, covered over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked, about 15 minutes.
    Remove chicken from the bone and shred, return to pot.

Meanwhile, in a mini chopper, finely chop onions, scallions, cilantro, garlic, and tomato. Add to the lentils and cook 15 more minutes, or until lentils are soft. (Add more water if needed)
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Chicken & Spinach Soup with Fresh Pesto

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chicken_spinach_pesto_soup.html

I just made this today for lunch for the first time and it is yummy! I used a whole carrot, store bought pesto and added whole wheat orrechiette pasta leaving out the croutons (I forgot to buy them). Next time I think I'll add some onion to it as well so I will definitely be making this again.
  • rivahqueen
    Options
    Check out the websites: drfuhrman.com and diseaseproof.com for some delicious and healthy recipes.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    IMAG0111.jpg
    This is my favourite winter soup of *all* time. I make it using homemade kimchi that I ferment myself, however you can use store bought if needed. Homemade always tastes better but the store bought stuff works in a pinch! This recipe is extremely flavourful but very spicy, so beware :bigsmile:

Kimchi Stew - Serves 8-10

Layer in a LARGE pot

1lb thinly sliced pork shoulder or sirloin beef, all visible fat removed
    1 package extra firm tofu, patted dry and cubed
    2 medium onions, sliced
    2 small zucchini, julienned
    3-4 cups of homemade kimchi, or whatever you have
    1 package cleaned enoki mushrooms
    cover everything with water

Place on the stove on medium-high heat until it boils. In the mean time...

Mix together
    3-4 cloves garlic, minced
    2 Tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
    1-2 Tbsp Gochugang (hot soy bean paste)
    Gochugaru (red pepper flakes) to taste - I use 3-4 tsp but that makes for a very spicy soup!

Add the seasoning mix to the soup and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium (or med-low) and simmer until the flavours meld and everything is cooked and soft.

Serve and enjoy! Very nutritious, somewhat high in sodium, but amazingly tasty and comforting! YUM! We're having this tonight :bigsmile:
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I just made the Chicken pot pie soup from Skinnytaste.com (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/chicken-pot-pie-soup.html). Honestly, it's like heaven in a bowl! And super healthy too!

She has a lot more soup recipes if you wanna check them out (I know I will): http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Soup Recipes
    [/quote
    This sounds yummy!!!
  • Sldouglas80
    Options
    Hello, I understand about the cold weather, I'm here in Wisconsin.
    There is a soup I like, and it's healthy, it's a cabbage soup

■6 large green onions (also called “spring” onions)
    ■2 green peppers
    ■1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
    ■3 carrots
    ■1 container (10 oz. or so) mushrooms
    ■1 bunch of celery
    ■half a head of cabbage
    ■1 package spice only soup mix (In the US, Liptons is a good choice)
    ■1 or 2 cubes of bouillon (optional)
    ■1 48oz can Low Sodium V8 juice (optional)
    ■Season to taste with pepper, parsley, curry, garlic powder, etc. (Little to NO SALT!)

Directions:

Slice green onions, put in a pot on medium heat and start to sauté with cooking spray. Do this until the onions are whiter/clearer in color (about 4-6 minutes).

Cut green pepper stem end off, then cut pepper in half to take out the seeds and membrane. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot.

Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.

Clean carrots, mushrooms, and celery, cut into bite size pieces and toss them in. Add tomatoes now, too.

If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of curry or cayenne pepper now.

For seasonings, you can use a spice soup packet of your choice (no noodles!) or use beef or chicken bouillon cubes. These cubes are optional, and you can add spices you like instead (make sure not to add much salt, if any at all).

Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the 48 oz of Low Sodium V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup simmer for a long time – about 2 hours or until vegetables are tender
  • onegirly
    Options
    great thred ...will come back for more :)
  • onegirly
    Options
    I was interested in the cheese soup posted ...I got to 1020cal for the 10cup yield for the recipe ..was not exact on the broth measurements though

Cheese Soup (1 cup = 1 WW point).
    3 15 oz. Cans of 99% fat-free (low sodium) chicken broth
    2 16 oz. bags of vegetablies – cauliflower, broccoli, carrots (I used broccoli only and it was fantastic)
    1 can of Rotel (or Italian tomatoes, if you don’t want it spicy)
    10 oz. Lite velveeta
    Cook broth, rotel and vegetables until tender, then add Velveeta.
    Makes 10 cups.
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I made spicy parsnip soup last night, was delish,

4 parsnips
    2 small onions
    veg stock cube mixed with 1pt water
    pinch salt
    pinch canderel sugar
    1 tbsp skim milk (optional)
    1 tbsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp garam masala
    1 knob butter

-chop onions and fry of on low heat in the butter, when slightly browned add the stock.
    -chop the parsnips into cubes and add to pan.
    -then add all the spices in (add more or less depending on prefernece)
    -when veg soft wack in blender until smooth and add the milk for creaminess.

delicious!! :happy:
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    Hey! Here's a recipe from an Ohioan at heart! This chicken vegetable stew is healthy and easy to make. You could also dazzle it up by adding your fav - lentils- or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. It'll warm you up for those cold Ohio, lake effect snow nights!!

http://www.adventuresofaseason.com/2012/01/chicken-vegetable-stew.html
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Instead of giving you one, I'm giving you a lot!!! This is my go-to website for healthy recipes. I have personally made several of these soups and they are all DELICIOUS!!!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/healthy-soup-recipes.html
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    yummy reading!!!

bump bump bump
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Gumbo

Ingredients

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup canola oil
    3 celery ribs, chopped
    1 medium green pepper, chopped
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced okra
    4 green onions, sliced
    1 medium tomato, chopped
    Hot cooked rice

Directions

Over medium heat, cook and stir flour and oil until caramel-colored, about 12 minutes (do not burn). Add the celery, green pepper and onion; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the shrimp, okra, green onions and tomato. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 11 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 cup gumbo (calculated without rice) equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.