Balsamic Vinegar ideas

Options

Replies

• rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    make a reduction with the balsamic vinegar and drizzle over strawberries and frozen yogurt. yumm.
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    i love it on salads with a little olive oil and parmesean cheese yummy
  • tpenha
    tpenha Posts: 19
    Options
    do you use the dark or lite for your potatoes..

I am enjoying every recipe so far, i'm about to turn out several B.V recipes this week!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    There are many uses as you have seen! One of my favorite things to do with it is to marinate strawberries to put on a salad. I usually do mixed salad greens, the marinated strawberries, crumbled goat cheese, some kind of nuts and then a drizzle of balsamic vinegar & olive oil. The best thing is the strawberries don't have to be perfect, I actually do this a lot when I buy strawberries that aren't all that great!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    google Giada De Laurentis' recipes. She has a lot that include balsamic vinegar. She makes her bbq sauce using it, she makes muffins with it, etc.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I take a pork tenderloin . I slice it in half, lengthwise (to make a sort of "sub sandwich" cut). I spread sundried tomato pesto in the center, and then drizzle balsamic vinegar liberally over the top. Sometimes I add fresh basil or rosemary to the top. Bake till 165 degrees or a little over.

Delicious!
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I saute spinach in olive oil and garlic and then top with balsamic vinegar or put a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar on a plate and dip crusty bread in it. Lots of ways to use it.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paulathoren
    Options
    I make the following and use it on salads, meat, vegies: pretty much everything!

2 cups balsamic vinegar
    1 cup ruby (red) port
    1 shallot
    4 garlic cloves

Bring to a boil and boil down by 1/2 - keeps forever in the fridge! I put it in a squirt bottle because you don't need much!
  • borkjr
    borkjr Posts: 14
    Options
    Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts! Bake them up with some Balsamic, S+P.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I made a salad dressing the other day using 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup of spicy mustard & 1/4 cup of sugar free maple syrup. I just mixed it in a tupperware bowl & put the lid on and shook it. I seperated it into 3 very decent size servings and it came out to about 45 cal per serving. It was surprisingly good!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever have balsamic vinegar is with oil on an onion and tomato salad...
  • mamacology
    mamacology Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make a Balsamic and Honey Glaze for my Salmon. Just heat glaze in small sauce pan, throw some salt and pepper on the Salmon, pour the glaze over the Salmon and cook in the oven at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have a dish that I made up that everyone seems to love. No real name for it but it has become known among my friends as mediterranean pasta dish. I don't know the exact calorie count but it is very low in calories and easy to figure out. I cook to taste so I don't have exact measurements when I make it feeds 4 people

2 chicken breast
    Whole wheat spiral pasta (enough for 4 people)
    1 bag of spinach
    Handful of sun dried tomatoes (as much or as little as you would like)
    1/3 cup feta
    Table spoon minced garlic
    olive oil
    Balsamic

Steam or boil the chicken
    Saute the spinach in with about 3 table spoons of olive oil add minced garlic when spinach is tender (careful not to burn the garlic)
    Boil the whole wheat pasta to desired tenderness

Chop up sun dried tomatoes and add the feta into large bowl
    Cut up chicken into bite size pieces and add to feta and tomatoes.
    Drizzle balsamic over mixture stir so chicken soaks in vinegar.

Add spinach and garlic to mixture then pasta and stir.
  • theadz01
    theadz01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Balsamic is amazing! I love it with Roasted sweet potato or with a Sweet Potato mash, just a little bit drizzled over, heavenly!
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Here are two of my favorite recipes that call for Balsamic Vinegar.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/balsamic-chicken-with-baby-spinach-recipe/index.html

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/herbed-chicken-parmesan-10000000549982/

Several recipe sites have a search option where you can just type in Balsamic Vinegar and up comes a whole list of recipes.
  • careyd1105
    Options
    Anyone looking for delicious wine vinegars that are pure, artisan crafted products and local farm to table experience? These new wine vinegars that I have discovered offer the highest quality antioxidants with incredible flavor. You can find these at www.thedeliciousdietitian.com and they also come with variety of flavors: apple, blueberry, red muscadine and while muscadine.

And put some spice in your life! The Delicious Dietitian also carries wonderful spice blends that are NO SUGAR, NO SALT, GLUTEN FREE, Fat-free, VEGAN, KOSHER, and 100% natural. Thai blend, Italian, creole, southern (all purpose), seafood, and Southwest!! They are all good!

The Delicious Dietitian Signature Marinade: 1/4 cup White Muscadine Wine Vinegar, 2 tbsp. Southern Spice blend, and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Mix all ingredients, place desired meat into a plastic bag and cover with marinade. refrigerate for 45-an hour, cook meat as desired. Enjoy!