I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is _____________

Options
Hi.

I'm 5'7" (female!) and my first goal was 149. I'm close to that goal (about 4-5 more pounds). I picked that goal because (a) it would put my in healthy BMI range and (b) because then I could say i weigh "in the 140s." Shallow I know but I'm being honest.

Anyways, as I get closer to my goal I'm wanting to set it a little lower. I'm not worried about the number so much anymore, I just know what I want my stomach and legs to look like, so I'll switch to maintain when I'm happy with those areas. In high school I weighed 135, so I may shoot for 135-140. In any event, I'm curious what other women of my same height are shooting for (or even better what women my same height have already achieved).

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Kat

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    OK, don't get mad at me for posting, but this is such a good question. I'm somewhere around 132lbs now (maybe 1lb lighter, dunno for sure). I was thinking of trying to get around 125, maybe a little lower, but I might be skinny there - just gotta try, to see how it looks like. I am just annoyed by looking at me in pictures and getting my eyes stuck on my tights and thinking "hmm... still plumpy". Dunno, seriously, it bugs me. Why can't I just be OK with the way I am and am I objective when looking at pictures? Or is it that much a matter of body constitution?
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm 5'7 also, and my goal weight is 140
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Dew - I think 125 might be pushing it. At my lowest weight at 5'-7, I was 118 & that was just sickly looking, kwim? Try doing some extra toning on your legs & you might just feel better about how you look as opposed to getting that number lower on the scale. :flowerforyou:

Personally, I'm 5'-7" & I'm sitting at 148 right now & would really like to see in the low 140s, if not 140. I still have some areas where there is too much plump, kwim?
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my current weight is 141, my ultimate goal is 130 but i would be very satisfied at 135
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal weight is around 133-135 pounds. When I go below 130 it looks too skinny for my frame.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 145-150lbs!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 130 pounds. I'm at about 135 right now. When I get to 130, I plan on maintaining it for another two months and focusing on toning, and then I'll re-evaluate if I want to go a little lower or a little higher.

I have a pretty light frame though, with really no curves... even when I weighed an extra 30 pounds, I didn't have curves, it all just sat around my tummy and made me look like I was wearing a flotation device under my clothes... you know, in case of an emergency water landing.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my current weight is 141, my ultimate goal is 130 but i would be very satisfied at 135

SAMEZIES! I'm also 5'6" and am currently 141 lbs. I'd like to get down another 5-10 lbs but I've decided to hold off on getting below 140 until after the wedding, for fears that my gown won't fit.
  • mommybug77
    mommybug77 Posts: 19
    Options
    Mine is 150. I will revaluate it once I hit that point. I have had 3 c-sections so I am realistic with myself as to what I would like my stomach to look like
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 145.

I was 135 lbs at one point but now that I look at pictures from back then I think that may have been too low for my frame.

I will reevaluate when I reach my current goal.
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" also. I set my goal for 150, I might change it when I see how I feel at that weight. my lowest was 125 in the 90's that was too thin for me I think. I am top heavy so I'll just go by how I feel at goal weight and lower it if I am uncomfortable at 150.
  • idobepity
    idobepity Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 170!
    I'm very happy with my upper body and overall shape at this weight.. I feel very "womanly" and have always had a huge rear! It seems no matter how many leg lifts or stairs I climb, it has always been the same size...

Good luck to you and remember: any size is beautiful, as long as you're healthy!

211409.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    So here's the thing ladies. FORGET YOUR WEIGHT!

Once you get close to healthy BMI can you PLEASE just forget about how much you weigh!

Focus on your body fat %, and maybe definition and size. But weight is arbitrary. Some of you can weigh more because you have slightly denser organs, you'll never know, some of you may have longer bones, or more muscle mass in an area that's not near the surface of the skin, you'd never know besides weighing more.

Body fat % will let you know that you are healthy, regardless of weight, someone with a low BF% will be healthy, and look good to boot! Who cares if you weigh 142 or 135? Nobody but you would ever be able to tell the difference if your muscle mass is the same anyway!

Break the mind game, force yourself to stop thinking in terms of weight! Think in terms of health and maybe even in how you look! Weight has nothing to do with it once you are in a healthy range!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Once you get close to healthy BMI can you PLEASE just forget about how much you weigh!

Focus on your body fat %, and maybe definition and size. But weight is arbitrary. Some of you can weigh more because you have slightly denser organs, you'll never know, some of you may have longer bones, or more muscle mass in an area that's not near the surface of the skin, you'd never know besides weighing more.

Body fat % will let you know that you are healthy, regardless of weight, someone with a low BF% will be healthy, and look good to boot! Who cares if you weigh 142 or 135? Nobody but you would ever be able to tell the difference if your muscle mass is the same anyway!

Break the mind game, force yourself to stop thinking in terms of weight! Think in terms of health and maybe even in how you look! Weight has nothing to do with it once you are in a healthy range!

NEVAH! :laugh:

Seriously, though...Thanks, Banks! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

I agree with everything you said Banks, and I suppose I am thinking more of my size and shape than the number on the scale. I'm just using the numbers to guesstimate my goal. As in I feel that 5-10 more lbs lost will result in the shape I'm looking for. :flowerforyou:
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I agree with everything you said Banks, and I suppose I am thinking more of my size and shape than the number on the scale. I'm just using the numbers to guesstimate my goal. As in I feel that 5-10 more lbs lost will result in the shape I'm looking for. :flowerforyou:

yea! what she said!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was 155 and I am almost 5'8". Once I hit 155, I stopped worrying about getting the scale to go down, and more toning and improving my fitness. I think the number on the scale really depends on your body type also. I can't remeber ever being below 145...and that was when I was doing athletics in high school and college. I would look bad at anything below 140..We ladies do focus on the scale too much, but I am as guilty as the rest as wanting that number to go down! I am still working out and weighing myself weekly, but just to make sure the number doesn't go up!
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is 137 - 141. I'd love to go by the old rule of thumb: 100 pounds for 5' plus 5 pounds for every inch over 5', but don't think I can maintain that. Even in high school dropping below 132 was almost impossible.
    And, those weights do put me in a normal BMI, nowhere close to underweight! :happy:
    Becky
  • literydr
    literydr Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' currently at 167.0 and would like to downsize and keep it under 150. Years ago I became a Weight Watcher Lifer at 140 and didn't stay there very long....maybe if I had more time to exercise.

Anybody else look at vacation photos and remember exactly how much you weighed?

Sue
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Banks. You know, not like I :heart: my husband, but still, I :heart: you, man!!!!