Calling all 5ft9 + Ladies

Options
Are there any other ladies out there that are tall like me?

Most threads I come across, the women tend to be more petite at 5ft-5ft3.

I am 5ft9 and my goal weight is to be 149lbs, puts me at a BMI of 22.

How about all you other tall ladies?

Replies

• Franticantics
    Options
    I'm 5ft11, aiming to weigh in around 148lbs :)
  • Mrsdaffy2
    Options
    I'm just 6ins short of 5'9" does that count? :bigsmile:
  • swobbles
    Options
    I am 5ft 11 and I am aiming to be at 160lbs, which would give me a BMI of 22, so about the same goal as you PrincessLou. Best of luck!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Nice to see some ladies with roughly the same GW as me.

Most people I see want to be between 110 and 125 which would put my BMI at 15 - 18, waaaaaaaaaaaaay too low.
  • snooze88
    Options
    hey,

im 5ft11 and my goal weight by june is 168 not sure what that BMI is but i'll be happy to be that weight and hopefully atlot more toned... if i weighed much less i would look stupid i think.. us tall girls can carry weight better.. plus our height means we have more bone mass making us heavier in general.. thats my theory and im sticking to it! :)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft, currently 262lb and aiming for 165lbs. You are not alone!!!
  • dgordon13
    Options
    I'm the exact same, my goal weight is 149 and I'm 5 ft 9!
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    hey there

5ft 10 and wanting to 165lbish

That puts me in an england size10/12 comfortably and is at the further end of my weight range so at the middle to bottom I could in reality be as skinny as a super model.......maybe NOT!!!

L.x
  • lolita_doll
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and my goal weight is to be 108lbs.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and my goal weight is to be 108lbs.

I'm not one to judge but that will put your BMI at 15-16. That's not healthy.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my original goal weight was 65 kilos (around 144 pounds), but I recently upped that to 70 kilos (around 154 pounds). I do a lot of strength training as opposed to cardio and at the rate I am dropping measurements compared to how slow I am dropping weight I doubt I will want to reach my original goal, my new one is only a tentative and may change as I get closer and my body changes further.
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am 6 ft and am aiming for 183 lbs (83k), which will put me at just under 25 BMI. I think this is a reasonable weight for myself and not the lower weights shown in the BMI range of 20 -25. I'm big boned (seriously, not just a excuse) My wrists are 8 inch/ 21cm.

Anybody else 'big boned' AND tall?
  • homesick742
    homesick742 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am currently weighing 194. My heaviest was 219 so I've lost some. My first goal is to get to 179 which I had been until I moved last year. Then my final goal is 165.
  • curlyslim
    curlyslim Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.8, and in the beginning (at my heaviest eek), last summer i was 199lbs- flippin heck.

and my initial goal was just to get into early 180lbs range, and now im getting close to that i want to be under 180.

lastlyi want my final goal to about 150lbs.
  • shalae1
    shalae1 Posts: 12
    Options
    5'10" and aiming for 150-155. I've got about 50 pounds to get rid of.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm 5'9" and currently weigh 163lbs...I'm looking to get to about 130lbs - I've got a small frame :happy:
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 155lb. My heaviest was 184lb around this time last year... ick!
    I'm getting close to my goal, and love to see the results of a lot of hard work!

good luck to all!!!
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i am 5' 9.5" and aiming for 165-175 w/ muscles :)
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and aiming for 160lb, for now. I would really like 140...but, I don't want to get discouraged by a goal that seems so far away. I am big boned, too...can't do that whole fingers around the wrist thing. My 9 yr old DD's wrist is larger than her g'ma's!
  • flipflopgirl72
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and shooting for 150 which would get me around 22 BMI, my son is getting married March 24th so I am hoping to make it by then!!