What is your tattoo, meaning and where is it?

Options

Replies

• takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    F*** i want a tat now.

I want another soonish.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have a black tribal skeleteton style dragon on my left shoulder
    On the right shoulder I have a celtic crow
    There will be a third one on the back, once I have lost the weight and completed the design ^^
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly on my outer right calf, just above my ankle bone. To me, it means "freedom" (from many things). Would like another someday but haven't decided what and where. :flowerforyou:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    F*** i want a tat now.

Yeh, you'd look good with a tat, lol!! ;0)
  • andiechick
    Options
    I've got 2, the first I got at 26 and was designed from a necklace I had, its a Celtic Heart, for my Celtic roots (Irish) and also to show symbolising strength after I went through a particularly bad time with an ex

img_1177-1.jpg

My second was done when I was 35 at the bottom of my back and I'd seen Victoria Beckham with a similar one and loved it. Now that I have kids, I like to think of it as me looking over my 2 children

img_1181.jpg

I'd love to get my children's names on the inside of my wrist in arabic or something, but hubby's not keen and my mother would have a fit!! She still only thinks I have one and I'm now 39, lol!!!
  • shellbelee
    shellbelee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a rose over my heart with a banner under it that says Mark. I got it for my brother who passed when he was 12. This way he will always be in my heart!!! Have plans for several more!!
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    so where would be a good place to get one, i was thinking upper right/left back would be alright. And the pain? on a scale of 1-10 how bad is it?
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A winged fairy on my upper left boob at the tender age of 36. Got it in Panama City in a former life. She's kind of blurry now, but she is a part of me.
  • edenxoxo
    Options
    I have the words "Together we will be... One day" on my left side wrapped around my ribcage - A lot of people mistake this for me not letting go of a past boyfriend or love interest.... The actual significance is for my father who passed away when I was 17.

I am not a believer in God as such however I do think there is some sort of afterlife no matter who is materialises. With a lot of things unsaid and unexplained by my father I struggled for quite some time in letting go as I never really go to say goodbye. Every time I would get upset about thing my ribs would ache which is the significance of the position of the tattoo and the words i decided upon so that I could move on. I figured, one day, somehow, I will see him again and I can ask as many questions as I need to.

I also have 2 others, one is Paraiso which means Paradise in Spanish & my third is “Dream as if you’ll live forever, Live as if you’ll die today”

Feel free to add me if you need any inspiration :)
  • meowy12
    meowy12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a Rorschach signature from watchmen on my right wrist and a swirly bat with green eyes on my back.
  • edenxoxo
    Options
    so where would be a good place to get one, i was thinking upper right/left back would be alright. And the pain? on a scale of 1-10 how bad is it?

Anywhere that there is bone where the skin is thin is pain full as the vibrations from the tattoo gun make your bones shake. "Fattier" parts of the body aren't tooo bad.

Go for somewhere that you have chose for a reason so it has more significance.

xx
  • andiechick
    Options

either of those could look good, what would you think of getting?

I just felt it as if someone was scratching my skin, it didn't really hurt too bad, but then I suppose it depends on your pain threshold too
  • andiechick
    Options
    I have the words "Together we will be... One day" on my left side wrapped around my ribcage - A lot of people mistake this for me not letting go of a past boyfriend or love interest.... The actual significance is for my father who passed away when I was 17.

I am not a believer in God as such however I do think there is some sort of afterlife no matter who is materialises. With a lot of things unsaid and unexplained by my father I struggled for quite some time in letting go as I never really go to say goodbye. Every time I would get upset about thing my ribs would ache which is the significance of the position of the tattoo and the words i decided upon so that I could move on. I figured, one day, somehow, I will see him again and I can ask as many questions as I need to.

I also have 2 others, one is Paraiso which means Paradise in Spanish & my third is “Dream as if you’ll live forever, Live as if you’ll die today”

I love your tat for your dad, such a lovely idea x

Feel free to add me if you need any inspiration :)
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    "Together we will be... One day"

Both of mine are to honor people who have/will pass into the skies; whilst people see my cherry tattoo as for girls only or too cliche, I know that it means in my heart. This is incredible, if I wasn't broke, I'd stick it on my neck.
  • munkeyfunk
    munkeyfunk Posts: 141 Member
    Options

either of those could look good, what would you think of getting?

I just felt it as if someone was scratching my skin, it didn't really hurt too bad, but then I suppose it depends on your pain threshold too

hmm i actually have no idea, haha in due time il come up with something :happy:
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'll start. I just got this tattoo in the summer and it is a Union Jack inside a Maple leaf. I was born in England but moved to Canada when I was young. It's on the back of my neck, and it looks much larger in the photo than it really is lol (hope the pic shows up)

316320_10150375444935362_586355361_9992502_340567127_n.jpg
    I have a cross with wings on my right leg, and above it between the wings it says "protect thy family" Their is a picture in my profile
  • cerimariegillett
    cerimariegillett Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    tattoo001.jpg

She flies by her own wings...
    took an age to find a tattooist who would freehand, but i love the imperfections in it... its on my right inner wrist
  • I am planning on getting two swallows on my left foot each representing my parents, as they mean love, loyalty, and 'coming home safely' my dad died when I was 17 and I think he's gone home safely to god and the word 'Indelible' on my right food which means unforgettable
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have wings on my back with FLY in the middle. I got it during a really depressing time of my life. FLY stands for Forever Love Yourself. For me it was the first step into making changes in my life to learning to love myself when others brought me down.

I plan to get an owl on my ankle in May after my graduation for my bachelors degree.

Once I get my goal weight I want a blue lotus on my thigh. I want some words too as a reminder of the path I traveled to get where I have goten and that it is a positive change. Not sure exactly what though.