who eats oatmeal for breakfast?

Options
Who eats oatmeal for breakfast, & what all do u put in it? :)

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I eat it every day for breakfast. I usually add fresh or frozen blueberries & cinammon, or apples & cinammon. For good fats I'll add chopped almonds or ground flaxseed. Occasionally I'll add unsweetened coconut and cocoa.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal for breakfast every single day! I add raisins, cranberries, peanutbutter, walnuts, and this weekend I even added a tablespoon of chocolate chips...it was yummy! the raisins and chocolate made my oatmeal taste like a oatmeal raisin cookie!!

ps I don't add all those things at the same time or it would make it better to eat a egg and bacon breakfast :laugh:
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I eat it everyday. I usually just make it with water and slice a banana into it once it's ready.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    my favorite right now is adding peanut butter........YUM!!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Some days I substitute a banana for the apple, or raisins.
  • dhurley88
    dhurley88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat maple & brown sugar flavored oatmeal and i put in 1 tbsp or less of maple syrup and a whole banana sliced up. I like quaker high fiber and I also like the brand oat fit but it's hard to find.
  • MRJ2di
    MRJ2di Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Every day. I eat a lot of it. 2 servings or about 300 calories. I add one of blueberries, strawberries, or a banana to it in addition to walnuts and almonds or pecans. Oh, the most important ingredient is brown sugar. I try to eat a large share of my daily calorie intake early and this fits the bill.
  • jbrow2487
    jbrow2487 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also eat it just about every day with a tablespoon of honey, 3 tablespoons of wheat bran flakes and cinnamon :)
  • CuppycakeKaren
    CuppycakeKaren Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Every day!! I add a bit of Splenda brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and either some diced apples or some raisins!! Mine is Rogers Porridge Oats, and it has oat bran, wheat bran and flax seed as well as the oats, so extra yummy!! :smile:
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This morning I made mine with 1tsp brown sugar, 1/4 of a gala Apple, 1tbs dried cranberries , & 1tbs golden raisins :)
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My favorite is (makes about 5-6 portions)

1 ½ cup water
    1 ½ cup skim milk
    ½ cup wheat germ
    2 tbsp maple syrup
    2 tbsp ground flax
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    2 cups of large flake oats (not the instant ones)

Per portion I add:
    A bit of all bran (for extra fiber)
    Sliced almonds
    Dried cranberries
    Apple

Had this this morning and love how filling and tasty it is.
  • ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    i do! i like to use soy milk instead of milk, and i like to add a TBSP of flax seed, a few pieces of cubed apples, some walnuts and a tsp of brown sugar. yummy and filling!
  • andreacord
    Options
    I do =) usually instant regular with some sugar free maple syrup and protein powder in it.. on a maple and brown sugar kick though lately.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Cinnimon and some fresh fruit.
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every single day with fresh fruit. Typically bananas.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I do!! I have 1.5 or 2 servings of oatmeal with whey protein (which I call proatmeal: the breakfast of champs) and add pb and bananas. I :heart: it!
  • girlone
    Options
    I eat it almost every day, I add cinnamon while its cooking and when done I add fruit and sometimes splenda, because its pretty bland sometimes. I buy the packaged frozen fruit so I always have an assortment to choose from.
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    today I ate it plain. Yesterday I added almonds and cranberries. The day before I added a bit of syrup. I have also added brown sugar and pecans.

I love oatmeal and just recently switched to the steal cut oats. Just read that they are better for you but they do take quite a bit longer to cook.
  • Lorimichewicz
    Lorimichewicz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    A Packet of Stevia and some Kettlecorn popcorn seasoning (my latest find).:smile:
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My favorite is (makes about 5-6 portions)

1 ½ cup water
    1 ½ cup skim milk
    ½ cup wheat germ
    2 tbsp maple syrup
    2 tbsp ground flax
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    2 cups of large flake oats (not the instant ones)

Per portion I add:
    A bit of all bran (for extra fiber)
    Sliced almonds
    Dried cranberries
    Apple

Had this this morning and love how filling and tasty it is.
    [/quote

i too make a large batch but don't put all the wheat germ or flax think i will try this oh one portion is 1 cup right?