who eats oatmeal for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal. Steel cut is the best. I keep it simple and mix in pumpkin pie spice and a half banana sliced. I sweeten it just a tad with either brown sugar or a small amount of Stevia. I make a large enough batch to last a couple more days. On the days that I reheat it, I add almond milk to adjust the consistency.
  • mazaaron
    mazaaron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i just add sal!t !! ( and milk of course)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I make my own granola with oatmeal as it's base, between it and regular old fashioned oats, probably 5 days a week, sometimes 6. My granola contains, flax, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame seeds, I vary between dates, craisins, walnuts or almonds. On regular oatmeal I add lots of different things, but my favorite is walnuts and brwn sugar.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    McCann's steel cut made in the slow cooker overnight. (Google slow cooker oatmeal.) I add:
    5 roasted unsalted almonds
    1/3 cup frozen blueberries
    3 slices of frozen peach
    1/2 skim milk

Yummy!

Sometimes I slice half a banana instead of the frozen fruit if the bananas are getting too brown.
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    I eat it for breakfact occassionally and I put cinnamon and equal in mine.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]10502719.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • run_panda_run
    run_panda_run Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually have instant oatmeal (but I am going to give steel-cut oats a try soon). My favourite thing to put in is cranberry trail mix, but today I put in almonds and raspberries. Yum!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    every single day i look forward to waking uo to it with a big spoonful of vanilla yogurt on top yum!!
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I eat steel cut oats for breakfast every morning. I usually add cinnamon, splenda, and a half cup of pumpkin. I warm it in the microwave and it's so yummy and fills me up. I also have a half cup of plain greek yogurt to get some protein in, too!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmea almost everyday. I like it with cinnamon and sliced almonds or a sliced banana.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal, and I like to keep it simple -- milk and a couple teaspoons of sugar.
  • Crbillings
    Crbillings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat it every morning. I add 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries and 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries and
    one packet of Splenda. Yummy!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I eat the Quaker instant flavor variety - I know it's not as good for me as the 'real stuff' - but it's better than what I used to eat - NOTHING :) I don't add anything but ¼ cup of skim milk
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It's porridge in Great Britain and I eat it everyday, sometimes for lunch too.
    I use instant porridge oats sachets in the various flavours they come in.
    I like mine with water not milk and eat it piping hot!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes, and I put dried cranberries, apples, cinnamon, a small packet of sugar, and sometimes bananas in there.
  • WTJoyce
    WTJoyce Posts: 86
    Options
    Alomost every day, make it with water, add minced or dry ginger and a little honey.
  • joleneMykisen
    Options
    I just had oatmeal and put finely chopped apples and honey greek yogurt mixed in. It was good and low cal.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup Quick oats, Splenda & 1 tbs of toasted sliced almonds.... I Love the crunch, something I can sink my teeth into. And I'm full till lunch :):wink:
  • TMHNET
    TMHNET Posts: 3
    Options
    1/2 skimmed 1/2 coconut milk - cinnamon or mixed spice. Drizzle of maple syrup
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I actually cooked my oatmeal this morning with Vanilla Almond milk & it didn't need anything extra it was yummy all by itself. I guess the vanilla flavoring from the milk was plenty, although I added a tsp of cinnamon & a tsp of brown sugar to it.
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Who eats oatmeal for breakfast, & what all do u put in it? :)

Me and my favorite recipe :

3/4 cup big flakes oatmeal
    1/4 cup dried raisins
    2 tbsp ground flax seed

Cook all together and then after add up 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 cup of milk!
    Just filling and great!