count fruits and veggies????

Options
So i did WW last year and loved it! I was doing the PP and you didnt have to count certain fruits and veggies so im wondering if anyone else does WW and do you enter your fruits and veggies on your MFP food tracker???

Replies

• joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would, Most veggies are very low cal and won't add up to much anyway. :-)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I have never done WW and I don't understand why you wouldn't track fruits and veggies. I have always tracked them since they all have calories...I would suggest tracking everything you eat on here.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I count them so I can see how many servings I'm getting each day.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    They have calories, so I count them. Even if I eat a ton of raw carrots and it's only 30 calories, I still count the 30 calories. Heck I count when I have 5 calories worth of pickles. :) If it goes in my mouth it gets counted.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think you'd run into trouble if you don't count them. You're counting calories not counting points. The points allowance is set to allow free fruits and veg, the calorie allowance isn't.
  • jaqiswany
    Options
    Ive been listing everything , then I can get a better picture what works and what doesnt
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just add everything. Not only does it keep you from having to make the "hm, should I track this?" decision, but then you also get the added benefit of looking back and saying "wow! I ate 5 (or 7, or 10) servings of veggies today, BECAUSE I AM AWESOME!!!"
  • AdenaJ
    AdenaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I count everything, even fruits and vegetables. I can see where you're coming from when it comes to lettuce or other very low-calorie vegetables, but I track them anyway. However, the calories in fruit can add up, especially those with a high sugar content such as grapes and bananas.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You definitely want to track your fruits and veggies here. WW PP is set up with enough of a deficit to allow the normal recommended servings of fruits and veggies, which is why they tell you not to worry about logging them. But here the deficit is set strictly between your BMR, what you give as your normal activity level and what your weight loss goals are.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I definitely count them. Some fruits are quite high calorie really. But I also like to track them for their nutritional values (vitamins, potassium, fibre etc). Everything adds up!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    If someone is counting calories it would make no sense, not to count them.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand not tracking them...They have calories...carbs...sodium...Therefore, they need to be tracked...
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I have lost 38 lbs since sept 11 doing weight watchers I dont count veg apart from potato and root veg like parsnips and sweet pots. I point fruit if I eat lots of it but usually just bananas. Even though it says you dont. I have lost weight every week and have really loved the plan x
  • crobinson0923
    Options
    I did this for a little bit until I started gaining weight. It's easier just to track them because the calories really add up and I like to keep track of the amount of carbs i'm eating
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    COUNT EVERY BITE, THAT'S HOW THIS PROGRAM WORKS.

Just log them in your food log. You know, put in the search 'fresh pineapple' and boom, pineapple. Log it.
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    yes count them. macros are important too
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    that's one thing I didn't like about WW PP. I thought it would be easy since i love fruits and veggies and they didn't count as points. However, now that I realize most apples are around 80 calories and a pear is a 100 calories, etc....well, I understand why they really do count ;)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    P.S. This is not WEIGHT WATCHERS, so don't put their plan into this program and expect it to work. If you want WW you need to go there, this program is calories not points.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I also track my food on here and it all balances out I never over eat my cals. Do both it works x
  • jwcheshire
    Options
    I am also tracking the intake of fat, sodium, carbs, sugars among others so I find it very helpful to count everything. I aslo want to be able to go back and track my eating habits so as Sarah said, "If it goes in my mouth it gets counted".